Other games [Round 17, 2021]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

StuBoot

Bencher
Who did this before? Tony Iro for the Rams?

I really hate that sh!t.
So a voluntary tackle is a penalty, a “professional” foul is a penalty, a deliberate forward pass is a penalty but voluntarily deliberately and “professionally” running down the clock is okay?
It might be legal but it’s not a good look.
I get them kicking the ball out on the full or running out but really any “negative” play like running backwards or throwing it over your own deadball line should be penalised in my opinion.

I really hate that sh!t.
So a voluntary tackle is a penalty, a “professional” foul is a penalty, a deliberate forward pass is a penalty but voluntarily deliberately and “professionally” running down the clock is okay?
I get them kicking the ball out on the full or running out but really any “negative” play like running backwards or throwing it over your own deadball line should be penalised in my opinion.
If I remember correctly, his Uncle did it to us at Brookie when he was playing for Souths. Not Chris the other walker

Ranga

Bencher
Tipping Member
I don't have a problem with what Sam Walker did and some of the reactions I have seen are, in my view, a little OTT. No different really to tackled players faking injury and taking an age to get up and play the ball in the final 30 seconds.

There are plenty more aggravating things that occur in life.

Cioran

Bencher
I don't have a problem with what Sam Walker did and some of the reactions I have seen are, in my view, a little OTT. No different really to tackled players faking injury and taking an age to get up and play the ball in the final 30 seconds.

I agree. A clever and entertaining ploy to eat up the last few seconds of a close game. Probably the only memorable moment from what was a pretty ordinary game.

Nordburg

First Grader
I really hate that sh!t.
When was the last time a voluntary tackle or a deliberate forward pass was penalised?(when has anyone deliberately thrown a forward pass anyway?)

Nordburg

First Grader

I can’t believe the hysterics over this.Isn’t the aim of the game to avoid defenders and be ahead of the opposition at the end of the game?What I find funny is those that are outraged think it’s the first time it’s ever happened

Rafferty

Mug punter
I agree. A clever and entertaining ploy to eat up the last few seconds of a close game. Probably the only memorable moment from what was a pretty ordinary game.
I have no problem with what he did and I actually enjoyed the game last night, it was not over until the end and the battle up front was very physical, JWH, Hetherington, Thompson, Radley and Jackson got stuck into each other all night, both the forward packs had a real go at each other, never thought I say I enjoyed a game between the Dogs and the Chooks, I think I might of been secretly hoping the dogs got up, never thought I‘d say that either.

Cioran

Bencher
I have no problem with what he did and I actually enjoyed the game last night, it was not over until the end and the battle up front was very physical, JWH, Hetherington, Thompson, Radley and Jackson got stuck into each other all night, both the forward packs had a real go at each other, never thought I say I enjoyed a game between the Dogs and the Chooks, I think I might of been secretly hoping the dogs got up, never thought I‘d say that either.
I must admit that I didn't se the game (no Foxtel where I am at the moment) I just listened to it on ABC radio. The callers made it sound pretty dull and spent a lot of the time talking about mistakes and how badly the chooks were playing. You can sometimes get a very entertaining match when both teams are equally inept but are trying their best.

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Probably part of the famous Walker Bros revolutionary coaching blueprint. Dominate time with the ball. Gotta admit I'd love to see them get a coaching job in NRL, can't imagine any club having the guts though.

ManEagle

Just a Man and his Eagle
I must admit that I didn't se the game (no Foxtel where I am at the moment) I just listened to it on ABC radio. The callers made it sound pretty dull and spent a lot of the time talking about mistakes and how badly the chooks were playing. You can sometimes get a very entertaining match when both teams are equally inept but are trying their best.
ABC callers, called it right then.
Worst I've seen the rorters play last few years even the Storm demotion wasn't as bad.

The Who

Journey Man
You may not be able to buy love but you can buy a backline:
Next season the Dogs will have Dufty, Naden, Burton and Ado-Carr, plus Cotric. On paper that is an extremely competitive backline.

wombatgc

KT 623
Premium Member
Tipping Member
You may not be able to buy love but you can buy a backline:
Next season the Dogs will have Dufty, Naden, Burton and Ado-Carr, plus Cotric. On paper that is an extremely competitive backline.
I’m expecting Vaughn to show up there as well.

Shoe1

Journey Man
Observations warriors v sharks:

shoulder charges are legal again

forward passes are ignored.

what ground is it? Henson Park? It makes Brookie look like Stadium Australia.

How slow are both teams.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
11 9 2 82 20
11 8 3 112 18
11 8 3 75 18
11 7 4 65 16
12 7 5 135 14
12 7 5 57 14
11 6 5 -9 14
11 6 5 -38 14
12 6 5 36 13