Other Games - Round 25, 2018

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Was a great game but crowd appalling
I remember when the Great Max Delmege was running the Manly show
Brookvale Oval was liked a packed stadium for an Elvis concert
Standing room only .
Thank you
Thank you very much Max .....
56242.jpg

I remember when the Great Max Delmege was running the Manly show
. Brookvale Oval was liked a packed stadium for an Elvis concert
Standing room only .
Thank you
Thank you very much Max .....
View attachment 9458

While Max did have something to do with it thanks to the money he poured into the club, the crowds were more there because of the quality teams we had and the winning style of football they played.

Fans turned up to see Snake and Beaver score tries, to see Matai pull off a big hit or 3, to see the brilliance of Killer, Gifty and DCE and the toughness of Watmough, Ballin, Kite, King, Foran and Perry.

If we were a consistent top 4 team right now our crowds would again be up around 15,000 or more to most games at Brookie.

The reality is that when a team is playing like we have this year and for the most part of the past 4 years (including Toovey's final season as coach), its mostly only the die hards who will turn up every week. Start winning again the crowds will return.

Last edited:
While Max did have something to do with it thanks to the money he poured into the club, the crowds were more there because of the quality teams we had and the winning style of football they played.

Fans turned up to see Snake and Beaver score tries, to see Matai pull off a big hit or 3, to see the brilliance of Killer and Gifty and the toughness of Watmough, Kite, King and Perry.

If we were a consistent top 4 team right now our crowds would again be up around 15,000 or more to most games at Brookie.

The reality is that when a team is playing like we have this year and for the most part of the past 4 years (including Toovey's final season as coach), its mostly only the die hards who will turn up every week. Start winning again the crowds will return.
Money as they say is not everything feathered friend . Max not only poured the money but he also rebuilt the club and made our club great .

That I won't argue with @BOZO .

Max was hands on with Manly because to him it was more than just a business venture. Even though they are pouring money into the club, the Penn's seem to be the opposite.

That I won't argue with @BOZO .

Max was hands on with Manly because to him it was more than just a business venture. Even though they are pouring money into the club, the Penn's seem to be the opposite.
I don't think so . They may not be doing it in style like Max has but I am sure the Penns have their heart in our club as well
NRL club is not a great investment for great returns . People that pour money in sport do it with passion .

Why do we have to have private ownership? Isn't there another ownership model?
Who owns the Canberra Faders, for example?
Does News Corp still own Melbourne?
We may not have a viable Leagues Club but there are many successful clubs on the northern beaches. Perhaps there is a way to entice a group of them to buy out the Penns, and jointly support this region's No. 1 sporting asset.
What we have now isn't working.

Scumos are trying to throw their last game @:mask:
TelstraFinalsSeries2.jpg

Out:
Munster
Croft
Slater
Vunivalu
Asofa-Solomona
Brandon Smith
Chambers
Hoffman

Last edited:
Scumos are trying to throw their last game @:mask:
TelstraFinalsSeries2.jpg

Out:
Munster
Croft
Slater
Vunivalu
Asofa-Solomona
Brandon Smith
Chambers
Hoffman

Showing that the current format is flawed. If they lose their home ground for the next game if they lose the first game, I am sure that would work as a deterrent

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 56 16
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8