Other half in 2016 ??

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
01. Brett Stewart
02. Tom Trbojevic
03. Steve Matai
04. Peta Hiku
05. Clinton Gutherson
06. Jamie Lyon
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
wins a lot of games in my opinion. Class, speed, experience, youth, X-factor, aggression - has it all. I don't see a weak spot there if Hiku can lose some k/g's, and regain his speed.
This implies JT in the back row. Whilst that could be good, maybe really good, i dont' think its the kind of experimentation that Tooves is likely to do. He is a conservative.
More likely to bridge the gap between what we have now and what that could be
is:
01. Brett Stewart
02. Jorge Taufua
03. Steve Matai
04. Peta Hiku
05. Clinton Gutherson
06. Jamie Lyon
07. Daly Cherry-Evans - Tom T for rep times
on bench and will get plenty of 1st grade time: Tom T

You heard wrong. There is two Turbos... One wears the five, the other the eight.

This is how rumours take on a life of their own...

There are more Turbos to come, younger brother is about 15 and ran in the half time relay earlier this year came 2nd behind another familiar name in Hoppa jnr jnr jnr

01. Brett Stewart
02. Tom Trbojevic
03. Steve Matai
04. Peta Hiku
05. Clinton Gutherson
06. Jamie Lyon
07. Daly Cherry-Evans

wins a lot of games in my opinion. Class, speed, experience, youth, X-factor, aggression - has it all. I don't see a weak spot there if Hiku can lose some k/g's, and regain his speed.
Tafua has played well since he's been back too. Getting very tight in that backline...

i know that this point has been broght up on here plenty of times, but here goes again. what about brett stewart at 5/8 next year. im not onvinced that his body would handle the v0olume of tackles that he would have to make, or the presence of a kicking game but that would leave the back line as follows.
1: Peta Hiku
2: Tom trbojevic
3: Jamie Lyon
4: Steve Matai
5: Clint Gutnerson
6: Brett Stewart
7: DCE.
gain and size out wide with both wingerswho can catch a ball, as well as a ball player as a 5/8.
could definately do worse than this lineup.

Sign a young kid like Cornish or another up and comer and the team will sought it self out. It's win win. Killer n Matai too old n slow to both be out in the centres for mine. But that's what pre season is for. But we need some more youth so we ain't weighed down with the experience

1. B.Stewart
2. J.Taufua
3. P.Hiku
4. S.Matai
5. C.Gutherson
6. J.Lyon (C)
7. D.Cherry-Evans
8. J.Trbojevic
9. M.Ballin
10. N.Myles
11. F.Mateo
12. B.Lawrence
13. D.Lussick

Bench:
14. L.Burgess
15. W.Mason
16. T.Symonds
17. J.Buhrer

Absolute beast team!

Wasn't Ash Taylor offered to Manly by the Broncos a few weeks back? If so he would be worth the punt as he is only young and can't break into first grade due to the current halves ahead of him and has some first grade experience. Not sure which side he plays on though and if it complements DCE.

This is pretty easy. Snake is the attacking spark on the left with his sweep plays. Lyon is a right sided player always has been wont play left full time. He played half back last week. Symonds does what is required there running straight but has no kicking game and is not a strong tackler. Unless your 5/8 is creative opposition just stack the right and we never score.
Next year our right defensively with myles, leary, dce, killer and turbo is perfectly balanced. Our left is deadly Jorge and skivi leave skid marks on opposition before and during games every week. Horo and Hammer inside the 5/8. Need a tenacious leg tackler who can run straight and throw a cut out, kick or hit snake sweeps. That's the job description. Ballin and buhrer locking up the middle and markers and no one is scoring on us.

My 17
Snake
Jorge
Killer
Turbo
Carney/nona
Dce
Hammer
Ballin
Myles
Leary
Horo
Buhrer
Lawrence
Starling
Burgess
Lussick

Recruitment
In; Carney/nona, lussick, one left one right side back rower
Out: jsl, mateo, lui, hasson, andrews, mason (who has been great) chee kam

Sorry for punctuation on phone and its late

Oh and to clarify I would go with Nona he killed it for the Northern Pride last year and the scum have squirelled him away behind green. Hope Leary has had a word to the recruitment team.

I've been dying to give a full YART for 2016 for a while so here i go.

1. Brett Stewart - Needs to sort his issues with DCE and be the leader we need. No doubt he will.
2. Jorge Taufua - Has been great since his injury, really earn his spot.
3. Steve Matai - Another leader. That will be important next year.
4. Peta Hiku - Has been bagged but really he is one of our best centre options already. Capable of huge Metres.
5. Tom Trbojevic - What a freak. Needs to be in the team from now on.
6. Jamie Lyon (c) - A move back to the 6 jumper could be an omen for us. Repeat of 2008 on the cards? Definitely not too old, he would just need some consistency in that position.
7. Daly Cherry Evans - Now he's the highest payed player ever, people will have the same expectations on him as Jonathan Thurston and rightly so. Needs to deliver a premiership.
8. Jake Trbojevic - A freak like his brother and will only improve. Our best front rower.
9. Matt Ballin - Admittedly he is slowing down, but he is still a leader and will continue to be one.
10. Darcy Lussick - Welcome back mate. We will greatly benefit from his aggression as it is something we are lacking at the moment. The kid is Manly as well, its in his blood.
11. Jamie Buhrer - With the departure of 'heartstrings Foran' we have the opportunity to recreate our left side. I think a switch to the left for Burhrer, coupled with Lyon could create something reminiscent of Lyon and Stewart on the right. Would love to hear people's thoughts on that.
12. Nate Myles - Hard work up the middle and big metres is what we need from this bloke ala Paul Gallon and our former favourite Anthony Watmough. That and a leadership role.
13. Blake Leary - He has shown his potential on the right and if he can consistently give us big metres (He cracked 200 in one game) the starting spot is his.

14. Ligi sao - Has great potential and shows a lot of passion when he's on the field. I Think he can fill our current Brent Kite shaped void.
15. Brenton Lawrence - If he can come back from this back injury (which remains to be seen), he could add a lot to our bench next year, especially if the interchange is reduced.
16. Tom Symonds - Has stood up this year and his versatility adds a lot to our bench.
17. Jayden Hodges - Many people on the forum have spoken of the need for this guy. Ballin is slowing down and Hodges will be a must for our attack next year.

Coach. Geoff Toovey - I wrote him off last week but i think Chez has brought him another week. I believe he can save himself from here by converting the signing of Cherry into a run of form. Time will tell i guess.

That leaves Lui, Starling, Sene Lefao, Demetriou, Burgess, Gutherson, Mateo and possibly Travers as back up. They all have a lot to add if they can show good form/reach full potential.

With good form and luck with injuries, that could potentially be a premiership winning side. I'd be confident of success if that was our team next year.

It took me a while to write up so I'd love to hear people's opinions on it or from anyone who would like to discuss. Don't leave me hanging!

Ive always been against moving Lyon to centre, but thinking how many good outside backs we have and that will really still need to spend money on another good forward (not lussick, he's terrible) I think playing Lyon at 6 for another 1 or 2 years would work. After that, when Lyon and a few others like snake retire and free up more cap space, invest in a quality 5/8

I hope in 2016 she runs more & starts speaking into the microphone more often..
(see thread title)...

This it the guy we should go after as our 5/8 next year Kiwi under 20's 5/8. Very good player

TE MAIRE MARTIN

Well known to keen observers of the Holden Cup, the tricky Tigers five-eighth was a member of the 2014 under-20s team of the year and has continued that excellent form into 2015.

There’s more than a little bit of Benji Marshall in Martin — he’s also a Kiwi who attended renowned Queensland rugby league factory Keebra Park High — but unlike young Marshall, Martin is a first and foremost a ballplayer.

Twelve try assists and thirteen line break assists this season, despite the Tigers’ up and down form are a measure of Martin’s talent and his eight tries and eight line breaks are a measure of his gradually developing running game.

With the Tigers currently well stocked with young halves Martin may need to go elsewhere for a crack at the big time but his time in the under-20s suggests that he’s just too talented to let go.

This it the guy we should go after as our 5/8 next year Kiwi under 20's 5/8. Very good player

TE MAIRE MARTIN

Well known to keen observers of the Holden Cup, the tricky Tigers five-eighth was a member of the 2014 under-20s team of the year and has continued that excellent form into 2015.

There’s more than a little bit of Benji Marshall in Martin — he’s also a Kiwi who attended renowned Queensland rugby league factory Keebra Park High — but unlike young Marshall, Martin is a first and foremost a ballplayer.

Twelve try assists and thirteen line break assists this season, despite the Tigers’ up and down form are a measure of Martin’s talent and his eight tries and eight line breaks are a measure of his gradually developing running game.

With the Tigers currently well stocked with young halves Martin may need to go elsewhere for a crack at the big time but his time in the under-20s suggests that he’s just too talented to let go.

They have good halves and a very good hooker as well.

I think Lyon is the best option short term. However the way he is going Gutherson (if deemed suitable) should be back up with injuries to Lyon becoming more frequent.

We have a former Tiger in our ranks in Rudolph but seems he isn't up to NRL standard so young up and comers isn't always a good idea. There are enough options there for next yr.

Rudolph is on the bench in NSW cup these days.

The boys in the under 20's will probably slot into NSW cup next year and be groomed as back up.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6