Our Forwards ... 2020 ( )

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
As I said, we are going to have a kick arse forward pack moving forward.

I’d rather Perrett’s money go towards finding another strike centre or strike winger.

I think we are a couple of backs away from a Premiership winning side.

Jorge has his moments but he’s no Sivo.

And whilst Parker has done incredibly well he’s no Jamie Lyon.

Garrick is going fine and is our kicker, Suli is developing nicely ,still a ways to go but doesn’t deserve being dropped.

I know we have upgrades for the Turbos lined up but after this season we might just become a club players will want to come to. Also there are a couple of youngsters coming through that could do a job (thinking Albert and Ben here who can play wing and centre respectively).

But exciting times ahead!!

As I said, we are going to have a kick arse forward pack moving forward.

I’d rather Perrett’s money go towards finding another strike centre or strike winger.

I think we are a couple of backs away from a Premiership winning side.

Jorge has his moments but he’s no Sivo.

And whilst Parker has done incredibly well he’s no Jamie Lyon.

Garrick is going fine and is our kicker, Suli is developing nicely ,still a ways to go but doesn’t deserve being dropped.
I think Funa/Hoppa could take one of those outside back spots but I definitely agree we are a gun outside back short even if the 2 mentioned do come good. A smokey if allowed is Simona, he was a gun at tigers and with a full pre season under des and Donny could be a real smart cheap purchase. (If allowed)

I don’t think we need to look outside the club to fill our 30 player squad next year besides a bench hooker.
We have it all covered imo

Ok ... lots of good and varied opinions ... thanks ...

In conclusion I will make a prediction ... whilst Paseka and Sipley may well end up good first graders .... Keppie has already surpassed them .in my opinion ... I wrote after AFB's debut a few years back ... that it was the best debut I had seen by a prop in 30 years ... old mate @Ryan and others poo poo'ed me and said he was a plodder ... hahaha

Now, in Keppie's first staring game ... (in a Semi-final) ... against a good and experienced pack .... he not only ripped in ... he embraced and owned it, he took charge and had the composure of a 100 game veteran .... that one performance was better than any game that Toff or Paseka have every played ....

Mark my words ... this kid will be an Australian and SOO prop within 2 years ..... and yes, he will have a few brain snaps .. what good young prop worth two bob hasn't ....

Oh, and here are his stats for his first starting game ... bloody amazing ... check out the mins ... the kid has a big motor ...

Mins ..68 runs ..19 run metres ..183m tackles..33 missed ..3 errors ..0 penalties .. 0 ....

@The better Robbo ... you're a student of the game .. how do you rate those stats for a rookie

In conclusion I will make a prediction ... whilst Paseka and Sipley may well end up good first graders .... Keppie has already surpassed them .in my opinion ... I wrote after AFB's debut a few years back ... that it was the best debut I had seen by a prop in 30 years ... old mate @Ryan and others poo poo'ed me and said he was a plodder ... hahaha

Now, in Keppie's first staring game ... (in a Semi-final) ... against a good and experienced pack .... he not only ripped in ... he embraced and owned it, he took charge and had the composure of a 100 game veteran .... that one performance was better than any game that Toff or Paseka have every played ....

Mark my words ... this kid will be an Australian and SOO prop within 2 years ..... and yes, he will have a few brain snaps .. what good young prop worth two bob hasn't ....
Hard to disagree. He certainly has the makings of a genuine star. The people bagging AFBs debut are probably the same ones that said Parker is useless and should never wear the manly jersey again :)
People who understand football know a quality player when they see one. I must admit though, Sipley really impressed me too after such a long lay off.

AFB had also impressed me from the start and the Fcking Beast is still young and will only get better .

Same with Keppie . In his baptism of fire from being one of the few players to ever debut in a pressure do or die finals match, he stood up on all grounds , composure , toughness, and courage . He never looked out of place against his experienced and representative opponents . Like the Beast Keppie will only get better

We must give credit to the one man who came in to last years Manly morgue and resurrected our fortress

Our great coach instilled belief and steel in our broken players of last year and the new ones that have joined our new Manly era .

Every one in the NRL is talking about the Manly resilience that just keeps defying the odds

Congratulations to our inspirational Manly coach who takes broken players under his wing and gets them flying again

coaching-quotes-coaches-quotes-about-teamwork-inspirational-quotes-for-basketball-coac.jpg

Oh, and here are his stats for his first starting game ... bloody amazing ... check out the mins ... the kid has a big motor ...

Mins ..68 runs ..19 run metres ..183m tackles..33 missed ..3 errors ..0 penalties .. 0 ....

@The better Robbo ... you're a student of the game .. how do you rate those stats for a rookie
Sensational. And his best attribute that is not in the stats is his toughness, he could be a real enforcer even at his young age

Sensational. And his best attribute that is not in the stats is his toughness, he could be a real enforcer even at his young age
Interesting comment. His performance certainly revealed an attitude and that can be as important as size and technique in the overall scheme of things. In one game I think it may have elevated him above Paseka for example, in early calculations for next year, but I guess time will tell.

Interesting I read this morning that Brisbane may have to offload a few forwards ( Fifita / Haas) that are in big money to go to market to buy a decent half.

Both those players are great but gee they won’t come cheap!!

I’m guessing the Roosters will pick both up on $350k each plus another $750k in golf losses!!

Interesting I read this morning that Brisbane may have to offload a few forwards ( Fifita / Haas) that are in big money to go to market to buy a decent half.

I’m guessing the Roosters will pick both up on $350k each plus another $750k in golf losses!!
and just what decent experienced half is available? Ashley Taylor? Kane Elgey?

Jokes aside Mark, I will let you know something outrageous I recently heard....the Roosters were/are making an attempt for David Fifita.

Hope that Olakauatu is re signed on an extended deal very soon as well . Thommo has re signed ? Irrespective seem to have enough forward depth going forward at present .Think that Keppie has played some edge forward roles in the juniors , reckon that Paseka could handle it there if needed also .

It would be an absolute dream to have more than 1 aggro prop who can play long minutes. You couldn’t pull off the debut Keppie had unless you have the guts

Next year with current stocks my forward pack and bench as follows. I don't think we need to resign Thompson with Waddell and JETSKI genuine options. Plus we have Boyle, Guac, Paseka etc who can fill that void.

AFB
FAINU
KEPPIE
JAKE
SIRO
JETSKI

CROCKER/CUST (UTILITY. ONE OF THEM WILL BE DOING SOME DUMMY HALF WORK PRESEASON)
TAUPAU (ALWAYS BEEN A GUN OFF THE BENCH)
SIPLEY
WADDELL (OR PASEKA, GUAC, BOYLE ETC IF UP AGAINST THE BIGGER PACKS)

I think Thommo has been great but really surplus to our needs in 2020. Would prefer we go after a back up hooker.

Next year with current stocks my forward pack and bench as follows. I don't think we need to resign Thompson with Waddell and JETSKI genuine options. Plus we have Boyle, Guac, Paseka etc who can fill that void.

AFB
FAINU
KEPPIE
JAKE
SIRO
JETSKI

CROCKER/CUST (UTILITY. ONE OF THEM WILL BE DOING SOME DUMMY HALF WORK PRESEASON)
SIPLEY

I think Thommo has been great but really surplus to our needs in 2020. Would prefer we go after a back up hooker.
Afb
Fainu
Kapow
Thommo
Jetski
Jake

Docker Clay Utility
Keppie
Sipley
Wadell

AFB
FAINU
KEPPIE
JAKE
SIRO
JETSKI

SIPLEY

We have already signed Thommo for next year. He also plays strong week in week out.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8