Our massive front row problem and why we need to offload some backs to fix it

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
It doesn't matter how good our back line is there is simply no way on earth we will be top 4 (and lucky to be top 8) unless we add to our very thin front row depth for 2011.

With Perry gone we now have:
* King - great trier but not getting any younger
* Kite - awesome servant but 3 years past his best '08 form
* George - love him but 30 min at best bench player and gotta lose the pies
* Cross - honest trier but barely above NSW Cup standard
* Guluvao - love him too but come on he's a veteran back rower

And if one or more of those get injured we are in huge trouble.

Forwards win premierships - we've got to find a couple a couple of young gun props now and if our cap is full we need to go to the step of offloading some backs to do it.

I would absolutely hate to lose someone like a Matai or a Wolfman but history shows it's way easier to find a new Whare or an Oldfield than it is a Learoyd-Lahrs. If we can get our hands on someone like pommy James Graham it should be our no 1 priority right now.

Mark my word unless we solve this fast we will be very lucky to make the 8. When we won the comp our pack was awesome and King and Kite were on fire plus we had awesome back ups like Hall all of whom were at the prime of their careers. In fact so good was our pack that Cuthbo and Willo couldn't even make the bench.
I thought this was the year we lost the grand final but I read it properly and realised it was the winning year.I had concerns about the pack in the year we lost to Easts along these lines and it was a hell of an effort that year as well but the writing was on the wall by then. I realised this year here was the last year a player debuted for us and went on to play SOO for either state or for Oz . DCE. Unless you count Dylan Walkers 10 mins or Buhers 7 mins maybe

Last edited:
Our forward pack is completely fine for next year. We have taupau, lussick, j Turbo, Fonua- Blake. Plus plenty of potential for Knight and Meehan and J hopoate. There is no need to sign someone we will regret like Myles.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8