Our Origin Contenders

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Can't see Api being a Blue.

Loz can not have a Team of newbies. @:cool:

Api is not there yet. But the things said by Baz about him on that show illustrate why he was kept over Parcell. I have never doubted his ability as a footballer just whether he was the right man for the 9 but it sounds like what he brings to the team outweighs a dodgy pass here or there. Had no idea he was only 19 when he played in the GF for Souths. Had no idea he was actually that young.

Anyway keep it up Apisai. @Snake 'Api is a 9'!!!!

milford is a mile off getting the bench spot... only competition is between cherry and morgan. cherry is one of the best defensive halves in the comp e.g. 41 tackles v roosters.. also can light up a game with his running game e.g. game 3 2014 finds the gap and grubbers to smith.

id pick cherry, however, walters will most likely pick morgan as he practically said so today.
even cherry's arch nemesis, the daily telegraph, has called for him to be a 'certainty' in origin.

tom turbo and walker i think are guaranteed spots,
myles might even make it due to 'loyalty',
koroisau is a shot if peats plays crap / is still injured
jake t should get the 13 but knowing daley he'll probs pick merrin... sigh...

YART: nsw
1 tedesco
2 tom t
3 walker
4 croker
5 dugan / ferguson... (both will get picked... dugan will be #4)
6 maloney (surely he doesnt get the boot)
7 pearce / reynolds
8 boyd
9 api / peats (depending on injury status)... if farah is picked we've lost
10 klemmer
11 frizell
12 cordner (c)
13 jake t

14 peachey
15 fifita
16 vaughan
17 graham

18 de belin
19 moylan

I can't see it as anything but detrimental for our club to have our captain if picked having to play against the two brothers and at pinch Walker

It has taken some time to get our bond right, especially with the circumstances DCE went through and then segregate them for a month and put them against each other will be problematic

Happy for our boys playing on the same team but not against each other in that emotional environment after what we have been through has whiskas on it

Tell em to stick it DCE

Longshot but the blues forwards have been out-toughed for a long time apart from Gallen

The more I think about it the less of a longshot it is. His form before being injured last year was verging on Origin standard.

The more I think about it the less of a longshot it is. His form before being injured last year was verging on Origin standard.
Man oh man...Thanks to QLD loyalty barring injury DCE probs wont play but damn...Quite feasible we could lose both Turbos, Dylan, Nate and Lussick. (Though Darcy would have to bash the selector door down over the next few weeks) Hate losing blokes to Origin but hey if we do lose a bunch it means we're winning and winning well ;) None of us expected it to be an issue this year..

The Qld side next year will be interesting with Thurston retiring from rep footy and Cronk possibly retiring altogether. I know the Qld selectors are very keen on Ash Taylor and Milford as a halves combo.

I'd like to see DCE do a Lyon and choose not to play rep footy. The club needs his total concentration at the moment, and we're reaping the rewards of him giving it.

Honestly the more players involved in origin the better it is for the team. When players are out through origin it gives others a chance to step up in a situation where they know they are only in for a week and usually slot straight into a reasonably functioning structure. This helps them evolve and also exposes them slowly to what first grade is about.

Although the Nroncos and the Storm complain about it I guarantee part of the reason for their success is blooding these juniors at this time of the year when the opposition are generally considered a lower ranked team, when it's halfway through the year and players aren't as ferocious and out of timing at the start or they are up against a team who is also missing stars.

Glass half full I say not discounting the confidence boost and experience the players picked for SOO gain and bring back to club land.

After today....

Tom wing still (no passing), but another game like today he will start to erode.
Jake 18th man.
Walker 19th man (injuries & kicking if Maloney/Reynolds are not picked)
Myles - LRO
DCE - lol

I suspect our grand total for SOO this year will simply be TT.

Nothing has changed on the origin selection of our players. One bad game doesn't equal everyone out of contention.

it might when there is a lot of competition but it most definitely puts you half way to 2 bad games that will effect your chances.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8