Overreaction

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
In reality a season is never "over" regardless of results.

A few wins,some luck with injuries and combinations falling into place then we may see a run for the eight and the fans get on board.
A few more bad losses then the sheer pressure from outside and within forces a change of approach from coaching and admin and the introduction of new ideas and personnel.Youngsters like Knight and Hynes may get a chance and shine,just like the early 90s with beaver and co,walker may move to the centres and flourish,the club may bite the bullet and go all out for a top liner to partner DCE in the halves...a footy club is a dynamic beast and history has proved our club always finds a way.

We have been spoilt by a decade of greatness.All great clubs go through this at some stage ...witness Carlton,Essendon and Collingwood right now.Probably the 3 biggest clubs in the land.Its just part of being a fan.

Susan ????... never heard of them .... please explain

If you want the best example of what I mean look at the fawning that is occurring over the Donkeys and Cows right now.Cows were in a GF in 05 and the Donkeys won in 06. The next 6 or 7 years for both were dreadful given their expectations,especially the Donkeys who have absolutely every possible advantage .This NRL is a tough gig and history shows we do it as good or better than everyone.

I wouldn't be so disheartened if the Reserve grade and Under 20's weren't also going so poorly. If we could see some budding first graders ready to improve our top team then we could believe we were in the much-touted 're-building phase'.

We have had disgraceful management at board level and horrible results in the lower grades for eternity yet we have been the most dominant club with the incredibly advantaged Donkeys in terms of finals appearance since the NRLs inception ( I don't count the cheating scum).

Yet now we are supposed to believe that those same factors,what people perceive as bad management and ordinary lower grade results,are placing the club on the verge of extinction after 10 games where even the most anti Manly fan would agree we have had absolutely nothing go our way.

It is absolutely impossible given the draft/salary cap provisions under which the AFL /NRL operate for a team to dominate for decades. We have had a dream run and now we have a hiccup. It has happened to every single perceived dominant club (Broncos Lions Roosters Dons ..the list is endless) and now we think we are different and need to burn people at the stake. Chill out and let the shenanigans that happen at every successful club play out. Manly will be fine.

Last Saturday night we could have been up 18 - 12 at half time with a bit of luck. One forward pass called back, Jamie Lyon pass that didn't hit the winger correctly and the try that was but not allowed. All of those things going in our favour would have given the team a bit of confidence and you don't know what would have happened from there. We are still a work in progress and will be until we have a few games with the same players. They don't have to be our best players just a team with the same players in the same positions for a few weeks.

It is absolutely impossible given the draft/salary cap provisions under which the AFL /NRL operate for a team to dominate for decades. We have had a dream run and now we have a hiccup. It has happened to every single perceived dominant club (Broncos Lions Roosters Dons ..the list is endless)
Hawthorn seem to be doing well, with three consecutive premierships and looking good for a 4th!

And how did they go before their recent decade long run. They had a great era 30 years ago and a long time in the wilderness..they are a great club and a perfect example of what I mean....and it is pretty obvious when they were thrashed by 100 a few weeks ago by a young incredibly gifted team born out of draft system sweeteners that a new era may be unfolding.And guess what ...they too have a core group of similar aged players who are about to fold the tent...the cycle goes on....many were saying the same thing about the Lions in 04.

Last edited:
  • 👍
Reactions: mbe
Talkin bout foward passes... saw sooo many durin all the othe games and manly game. All let go. From that first crap not markin up straigjt penelty to the forward pass call its pretty obvious maxwell and a few other refs cough cough cummins have an agender againts us.

Eh
Talkin bout foward passes... saw sooo many durin all the othe games and manly game. All let go. From that first crap not markin up straigjt penelty to the forward pass call its pretty obvious maxwell and a few other refs cough cough cummins have an agender againts us.
Eh. Meant to post this in the other thread sorry. Lol.

In reality a season is never "over" regardless of results.

A few wins,some luck with injuries and combinations falling into place then we may see a run for the eight and the fans get on board.
A few more bad losses then the sheer pressure from outside and within forces a change of approach from coaching and admin and the introduction of new ideas and personnel.Youngsters like Knight and Hynes may get a chance and shine,just like the early 90s with beaver and co,walker may move to the centres and flourish,the club may bite the bullet and go all out for a top liner to partner DCE in the halves...a footy club is a dynamic beast and history has proved our club always finds a way.

We have been spoilt by a decade of greatness.All great clubs go through this at some stage ...witness Carlton,Essendon and Collingwood right now.Probably the 3 biggest clubs in the land.Its just part of being a fan.

Collingwood maybe, but Essendon and Carlton are in no way comparable to us.

Yes everyone we lost to Broncos are we the first? No. Are we the first team that the Broncos have flogged? No. We are almost certainly in a rebuilding phase. The club is struggling to get players on the paddock. We almost went into the half time break at 6-12 which was awesome. I'm sure we all expected this loss? But why is everyone treating it like the end of our season. Sure the team lacked enthusiasm but would you be like that after you tried everything, the bounce of the ball was against you so was the ref? Of course you would be flat half the team is out injured while the rest of the side is also struggling with other injuries but they are playing on in pain. It's obvious Tom was still very sore I saw him limping during the game a lot also. Walkers wrist flared up quiet a lot also. I can guarantee that TB isn't going about the game this weekend as it was acceptable. It will surely give the boys a real kick up the ass and hopefully we can knock out the premiership favourites next week. Manly aren't a team that just lies down we will get back up and we will return to our true form, I just think this year we have been badly treated by the NRL. We have the hardest draw by far in the NRL 5 day turnarounds the top 3 sides in 3 weeks! Injuries have ruined our season it's the fact we are still turning up week in week out that makes me proud to support this wonderful club. A good patch is just around the corner for us is can tell and DCE will be at the centre. The calls for Barretts head are highly premature as he has barley any control at the club. He has been forced to pick crap teams due to injury and Jamie Lyons crusade to avoid the 5/8 role hasn't helped baz being forced to use walker as our 5/8. Manly aren't planning a future with walker at 5/8 I can assure bob Fulton was trying to sign Coote as 5/8 but he decided to go to cowboys.

All in all manly are going to be a top side once again soon enough. A team with the Trbojevic bros, Cherry-Evans, Taupau, Walker and Parcell does not simply play horribly for the future based on lack of drive and enthusiasm. It showed in round 3 and 4 that when we get the same team on the park for consecutive weeks we can challenge great teams and packs like roosters and sharks. But one thing is certain if manly continue with walker at 5/8 the club is going no where anytime soon. Best to sign a 5/8 or move Tom wright there and fix this whole mess up in the backline. Remove Stewart, Lyon and Matai so we can re gain our deadly backline that scared teams. Also Tom T is essential at fullback for the future he will give us that real threat back with a fast and reliable fullback. I back manly to pull them selves out of this mess. Manly are a top 8 side give them time and time together on the paddock as a proper team and they will deliver.

#STRONGER TOGETHER
Your full of **** . Coote decided to go to the Cowboys? Thought he was already there. Move Tom wright to 5/8 when he has only played 1 game of 20s and a pretty ordinary one . You was better when you were brookvale2015 .

donkeys didn't flog the eagles they beat them,sharkies flogged knights and the way they are playing they are going to be a tough ask for the eagles next week.keeping them under 30 will be ok but they are more ruthless than the donkeys,i still believe in the eagles and reckon they will win a few more this year,i hope sharks are one of them

having what appears to be a Thunderbirds' puppet as the 'head coach'.

Scott Tracy with a touch of Virgil thrown in?

Shane Rimmer,* the Canadian actor who voiced Scott is still going. Maybe he could do the post-match voiceover, whilst Trent moves his lips?

*Holds the record for the most non-recurring roles in Bond movies. Including the US submarine CO in 'The Spy Who Loved Me.'

Things could be worse, we could be Roosters supporters. Looking at their roster, they still have 9 players from the 2013 GF in their team last night and we have 5. Somehow we are higher on the ladder. The sky might be falling for some but least it aint falling as hard as the Roosters.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4