Paine Haas - Now that would be a signing to get excited about

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Chunkytuna

Reserve Grader
Tipping Member
Not sure if someone can post the full article...

(https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...ic-groupa-test-noscore&V21spcbehaviour=append)

...but apparently Haas is set to go to the open market at the end of the year. We should seriously push hard for him. We could lose Keppie, Lodge and Woods to clear the decks. Although I don't think that alone would free up enough cap space. But would still love to see us try to get him here. That would be a signing I could really get excited about. Wonder if Seibold has any old connections with him?

(https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/subscribe/news/1/?sourceCode=DTWEB_WRE170_a&dest=https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/broncos-bombshell-as-payne-haas-hits-open-market-bigmoney-scramble-imminent/news-story/85be16cf9e6f7e94689e0dd882818da6&memtype=anonymous&mode=premium&v21=dynamic-groupa-test-noscore&V21spcbehaviour=append)

...but apparently Haas is set to go to the open market at the end of the year. We should seriously push hard for him. We could lose Keppie, Lodge and Woods to clear the decks. Although I don't think that alone would free up enough cap space. But would still love to see us try to get him here. That would be a signing I could really get excited about. Wonder if Seibold has any old connections with him?
No idea of exact figures but

Keppie say $400k
Woods min $140
Lodge ( not as yet even signed ) say $300

He’ll be offered a million plus somewhere

I don’t think we can afford 4 players over a million although I imagine Daly is on about $800 for the final two years.

And don’t forget Brooks wouldn’t be cheap.

I guess you can dream.

Keppie,Lodge and Woods wages would cover probably one leg and a nostril of Haas.Probably still better value than those three but Manly won’t be able to afford him

(https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/subscribe/news/1/?sourceCode=DTWEB_WRE170_a&dest=https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/broncos-bombshell-as-payne-haas-hits-open-market-bigmoney-scramble-imminent/news-story/85be16cf9e6f7e94689e0dd882818da6&memtype=anonymous&mode=premium&v21=dynamic-groupa-test-noscore&V21spcbehaviour=append)

We need the Woods and Lodge contracts if we are a chance of getting Hass. Their contracts are worth peanuts and are needed to free up space for the big guns.
We need to move on players like Oshay as he is on over $600k. They are the ones that are killing us

No idea of exact figures but

Keppie say $400k
Woods min $140
Lodge ( not as yet even signed ) say $300

He’ll be offered a million plus somewhere

I don’t think we can afford 4 players over a million although I imagine Daly is on about $800 for the final two years.

And don’t forget Brooks wouldn’t be cheap.

I guess you can dream.
Was about to post the same.

If you got someone to take Keppie and Aloiai full freight and had some further wiggle room up your sleeve then maybe.

Id prefer Tino though.

Id be signing Holbrook to replace Flanagan then chasing Tino hard

With Paseka and the great man Keppie both just 25 years old ... we already have potentially 2 of the best props in the game ... they may not individually be the "best" ... but they can win a premiership.

Numbnuts are too dumb to know what we already have .

Spot on.

We need the Woods and Lodge contracts if we are a chance of getting Hass. Their contracts are worth peanuts and are needed to free up space for the big guns.
We need to move on players like Oshay as he is on over $600k. They are the ones that are killing us

agree with the point you are making ... but how long do you think Lodge will be happy to remain on peanuts ?

Was about to post the same.

If you got someone to take Keppie and Aloiai full freight and had some further wiggle room up your sleeve then maybe.

Id prefer Tino though.

Id be signing Holbrook to replace Flanagan then chasing Tino hard
Holbrook is being talked about a possible move to the Tigpies, Benji and Sheens aren't quite seeing eye to eye on the way the teams being run.

With Paseka and the great man Keppie both just 25 years old ... we already have potentially 2 of the best props in the game ... they may not individually be the "best" ... but they can win a premiership.

I agree on Paseka. He’s a gun and playing very well. Not so sure about Keppie though. He’s been around for a while and still not shining in my opinion. But yes, they are both young - for props.

Luv ya optimism! But they haven't done too much to date!

Just sayin’

Brisbane powerhouse Payne Haas has dropped a bombshell on the Broncos with his management confirming he will launch a multi-million dollar scramble for his services by heading to the open market on November 1.

Haas, who missed NSW’s win over Queensland on Wednesday night with an ankle injury, is regarded as the No.1 forward in the game and is bound to have no shortage of suitors in rugby league and rugby union.

The Bulldogs, Brisbane’s opponent on Saturday afternoon, are expected to be at the front of the queue as they look to supercharge their rebuild under head of football Phil Gould.

Revelations that Haas intends to go to market will be a sledgehammer blow to the Broncos. The club has been attempting to strike a deal with their star man since last year, when Haas stunned the club by requesting a release when talks over a new deal hit a roadblock.

The Broncos convinced Haas to stay but they have been unable to convince him to sign an extension since and his agent Ahmad Merhi confirmed to Sport Confidential that his client would head to the open market to get an accurate gauge of his worth.

“We’re pretty clear that we are going to wait until November 1,” Merhi said. “We’re four months away from November 1 and it would ...be a smart decision to wait until November 1 seeing Payne is the player he is and there is a possibility he may get the Dally M award this year.

“We have discussed it and we are going to wait until November 1. His (preference) is to stay in Brisbane. He also understands that there are other opportunities so he wants to look at those opportunities when they present themselves and then go from there – weigh up the pros and cons and go from there.”

Haas is due to earn $848,000 next season but would easily command seven figures on the open market.

Merhi confirmed Haas was on a list of players sent to clubs in Australia and England who were coming off contract at the end of next season.

The Australian Rugby Union has also expressed an interest in Haas as they look to continue the assault on rugby league that began with the recruitment of Sydney Roosters teenage sensation Joseph Suaalii.

Merhi insisted Haas’ preference was to stay at Brisbane and play for coach Kevin Walters but he owed it to himself to explore his options.

“We hear the rumours as well about Australian rugby and the Bulldogs,” Merhi said.

“I can tell you it is all just hearsay. We do our usual rounds of sending a list to all the clubs in the NRL and in the UK saying these are the players coming off in 2024 and they are up for negotiation on November 1.

“They all respond with the same response – keen to talk about Payne. I think Payne’s concerns last year (with Brisbane) were about being in a competitive team.

“I know he wants to tick boxes and I am allowing those boxes to be ticked. He is ticking boxes at the moment – they are winning, he is in a competitive side.

“I know why he wants to play for Kevvie – Kevvie is a gentleman. Commercially he will wait until November 1.

Ultimately it is his decision – he has to weigh up the pros and cons.”
Haas missed Wednesday’s Origin through injury and won’t play against the Bulldogs on Saturday. He is due back from an ankle injury next week.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8