Pre-Game Panthers v Manly [Round 6, 2023]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

44 12
Bluebet Stadium
08 Apr 2023 05:30 PM

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
No,no no,no to Johns on bench. We need more fire-power up front. Sipley or Fainu needs to be on bench. Panthers are missing Fisher Harris and Martin. We MUST dominate in the forwards if that slow arse backline has any chance of posting points. Seriously it's the slowest most impotent center pairing in the NRL. This is a cautious move and doesn't give me any confidence that Seibold is a risk taker. We have to throw up something the Panfers won't like to have any chance here. Fuking Harper isn't it.

I would go toff off bench

It's crazy having John's come off the bench.
Watch him get very limited minutes if he plays.

I know I keep saying this but this week I would drop one player out of our top 30 and bring up gordan.

I seriously think by the later part of the year we are going to say what a waste of a year.. he needs to be in our top 30 right now.

If we play like we played last week and this is our squad Panthers are sadly going to do a number on us.

Panthers by 24 + if they are in a mood.

Last edited:

Watch him get very limited minutes of he plays.
I know I keep saying this but this week I would drop one player out of our top 30 and bring up gordan.

I seriously think by the later part of the year we are going to say what a waste of a year.. he needs to be in our top 30 right now.

If we play like we played last week and this is our squad Panthers are sadly going to do a number on us.

Panthers by 24 + if they are in mood.
I'd even have gone Woods on the bench. We need someone to come on and give offloads. We need heaps of 2nd phase play if we want to score against that lot.

Who knows maybe Cooper will come good for this one. I still have hope for him yet if he can get his defence in order. Let's give him one more chance.

Hoping that Johns on the bench is just mind games but I'm assuming the coaching staff want to carry one back on the bench.

I'd even have gone Woods on the bench. We need someone to come on and give offloads. We need heaps of 2nd phase play if we want to score against that lot.
Agreed and just to think we have storm 6 days after this game at home.

These 2 next games could wipe out our season if both Panthers and storm put big scores on us.

If our best and fit starting pack can't win the ruck battle against a weakened panthers, then Johns on the bench will certainly not be the reason we lose tomorrow. If everyone does their job, we won't even need to use him to any great extent, purely cover for injuries to our backline

Yeah this game will sway our season in such a major way. Win it and we are either outright 2nd or outright 3rd. Lose it and we are either outright 7th or outright 8th and just one more loss away from dropping down as far as 11th or 12th.

Watch him get very limited minutes if he plays.

Panthers by 24 + if they are in a mood.
As long as Harper and Croker are in the same team, there is no way we contend for a premiership.

Schu, Koula, Tui, Croker (v Souths and playing busted), Burbo, Saab until now. Light on for adequate reserves is more my gripe tho.
We definitely always get hit in the backline. At the same time I'd argue Tui has been a bit of a liability, and Burbo was spending a lot more time on the bench than off it. Given our track record with injuries in recent years I've been thinking we've had a fairly fortunate start so far in 23' (touch wood)

Im weirdly excited to see Saab back, for some reason I thought he'd miss most of the season, and hope it might force Tui out.

We definitely always get hit in the backline. At the same time I'd argue Tui has been a bit of a liability, and Burbo was spending a lot more time on the bench than off it. Given our track record with injuries in recent years I've been thinking we've had a fairly fortunate start so far in 23' (touch wood)

Im weirdly excited to see Saab back, for some reason I thought he'd miss most of the season, and hope it might force Tui out.
It seems Saab has bulked up a bit. Im intrigued as to whether it will affect his speed or whether he can make better post contact metres as a result. It will be interesting.

We are light-on in the backs, which is further reason why we shouldn't have let the promising centre Feledy (sic) go to the Tigers. He reminded me of a Jamie Lyon-type player in the making. I imagine he'll make his debut next season for the Tigers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8