Pre-Game Panthers v Manly [Round 6, 2023]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

44 12
Bluebet Stadium
08 Apr 2023 05:30 PM

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don’t mind our chances this week. They have a few big forwards out and not quite the side they have been the last few years. We will be up for a big one after flopping through last week.
1-12 would be very tempting
Absolutely. The only starting forwards they have left from last year are Leota and Yeo.

van-homepage.jpg

Book early. Lube often. Lube well ........

As I’ve been saying , they are still a very very good side BUT no way are they as frightening as they’ve been , they’ve lost a lot of good players.

Talk of 13+ is over the top ( based on our scores so far in this competition ).

Panthers should win , but I’m predicting it’ll only be by 4 or 6 ( maybe 7).

Just staggering , has Harper got photos of someone. Seriously he is just not up to it. Tago and Turuva will be counting up the tries.
Obviously the coaching staff don't think there is a worthy back-up centre, and don't regard Weekes as a centre. It's a worry.
I just hope The Shoe and Saab take the field. Our backs need them.

You mean Boyle for the BWSE.
No! Could be wrong, but he's played well at times in the past. He wasn't the only one who had a poor finish last year and he's known he must put his head down and fight for it if he wants to stay in NRL (at any club). He's had a warm up game now and I think he'll be up to it. I hope he is anyway.

If we lose (as most expect) I reckon it's more likely to be due to unforced errors, giving up penalties, and forwards failing to follow across as they tire late in each half.

Obviously the coaching staff don't think there is a worthy back-up centre, and don't regard Weekes as a centre. It's a worry.
I just hope The Shoe and Saab take the field. Our backs need them.
Johns and Vaega in the reserves, hopefully that's just in case of a training mishap.

Harper is just 7.69% of the team. If we play as one big defensive machine his deficiencies will be corrected.

Just staggering , has Harper got photos of someone. Seriously he is just not up to it. Tago and Turuva will be counting up the tries.
Whilst I agree with you , who rose do you play there given our extreme lack of depth in backs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8