Pre-Game Panthers v Manly [Round 6, 2023]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

44 12
Bluebet Stadium
08 Apr 2023 05:30 PM

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
As I’ve been saying all week , they aren’t the Panthers that won the last two Grand Finals , they’ve been beaten already , they are not invincible.

We may not ( probably not ) win but I bet we give them a hell of a fright.

Penrith not quite the team they used to be but even with a 2 and 2 start they have the best defence in the league so far, only conceding 13 pts per game. If we are any chance this weekend it will be through grit and determination. It won't be easy but nothing worth doing ever is.

We are in trouble without the shoe this weekend! May as well rest Saab an extra week too because it's going to be a bloodbath!!

We are in trouble without the shoe this weekend! May as well rest Saab an extra week too because it's going to be a bloodbath!!
In our darkest times we look for rainbows
The extraordinary Turbo is our rainbow of hope
With Turbo anything is possible !

10.png

Tampon is out again of course

from NRL Physio:

“Josh Schuster is reportedly set to miss Round 6, failing to overcome the quad cork that kept him out last week (via Daily Tele). Don’t often see a multi-week absence from a cork, must be a significant on”

With dud harper and Johns who can’t tackle the riff will smash us by 60

We are done.

Who said Johns is in? Surely he can't be, given he was s speed bump in Mudgee. Surely Seibold saw what everyone saw.
Whilst I’m no fan of Johns and don’t think he’s first grade material ,you don’t drop a player after one poor game.He was solid in the trials and Rd1.If he continues to under perform,then fair enough,but dropping a player after 1 game,isn’t good for morale,confidence of players and the coach’s credibility

We are doomed v Panthers

Saab gets smashed everytime he has the ball unless he catches it in open space

Harper is a complete dud with the ball and in defence

Parker was horrible last week

If johns is 5/8 we have no defence

DCE will he go MIA again??

That is bad news on Schu. I really don't want to see Coop named there, no offence. If I was coach I would actually be tempted, just for the one game, to move Turbo to 5/8 (our best ballplayer last week) and Weekes to FB.

Has anyone seen much of Weekes' kicking and got an impression of that? There is going to be a problem with spreading the kicking duties, with Schu out.

If it is only D C E the Panties will cluster on him and our meterage and tactical game will be in All Sorts.

We are doomed v Panthers

Saab gets smashed everytime he has the ball unless he catches it in open space

Harper is a complete dud with the ball and in defence

Parker was horrible last week

If johns is 5/8 we have no defence

DCE will he go MIA again??
The Premier Panthers are the benchmark of the comp
And we must Raise our standards thats for sure

There is no point selecting Cooper Johns.

Early season is all about trying combinations and the best selections.

Weekes should be named 5/8

Cooper can hit the tacking bags and wait for another chance

Without schuster, koula, and only a semi fit Tom and a wildly inconsistent DCE we need some strike. We won’t stop Penrith scoring try’s, we are gonna need to score a few ourselves

Our blunt centres won’t be creating chances and neither will John’s.

Weekes for 5/8. We likely won’t win so let’s give it a roll

Whilst I’m no fan of Johns and don’t think he’s first grade material ,you don’t drop a player after one poor game.He was solid in the trials and Rd1.If he continues to under perform,then fair enough,but dropping a player after 1 game,isn’t good for morale,confidence of players and the coach’s credibility
I think it is the coach's job to pick a team that gives the best chance of winning. This game is vital for our season going forward and our best 13 (which excludes Johns) should start, IMO. Des persevered with non performing players. I hope Seibold doesn't have this predeliction. If Johns is selected ahead of Weekes, I think the wider NRL community will start asking questions about Seibold's coaching ability.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8