Pre-Game Panthers v Manly [Round 6, 2023]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

44 12
Bluebet Stadium
08 Apr 2023 05:30 PM

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it is the coach's job to pick a team that gives the best chance of winning. This game is vital for our season going forward and our best 13 (which excludes Johns) should start, IMO. Des persevered with non performing players. I hope Seibold doesn't have this predeliction. If Johns is selected ahead of Weekes, I think the wider NRL community will start asking questions about Seibold's coaching ability.
Exactly, Johns is a reserve grader and was getting 'dropped' for Schuster this week anyway. The spot is not his and Weekes should have the opportunity there this week.

Penrith will send the house at Tommy knowing our halfback is a non factor at the moment, our hooker doesn't run and we have the two slowest centres in the comp in the backline. At least if Weekes is there he could create something different as a threat, rather than Johns who would dish up similar to what we saw last week but worse against a far better side

That is bad news on Schu. I really don't want to see Coop named there, no offence. If I was coach I would actually be tempted, just for the one game, to move Turbo to 5/8 (our best ballplayer last week) and Weekes to FB.

Has anyone seen much of Weekes' kicking and got an impression of that? There is going to be a problem with spreading the kicking duties, with Schu out.

If it is only D C E the Panties will cluster on him and our meterage and tactical game will be in All Sorts.
I think Turbo to 5/8th & Weekes to FB is a great idea.

I think Turbo to 5/8th & Weekes to FB is a great idea.
Don't think so! We lose a player so let's change everyone else's positions?
Anyway I assume Schu hasn't been able to train much so whichever way Seibold goes at least they should have been practising for that all week. (Assuming Seibold has any idea about coaching, of course!)

Don't think so! We lose a player so let's change everyone else's positions?
Anyway I assume Schu hasn't been able to train much so whichever way Seibold goes at least they should have been practising for that all week. (Assuming Seibold has any idea about coaching, of course!)
Weekes apparently trained all off-season as back up full back & Tom basically played 5/8th last week.

It’s hardly disrupting the whole team making those changes, considering Schuster is out.

Would you prefer Johns at 5/8th again?

With the Johns, Parker, Harper combination I cant see Manly winning. With Weekes at 5/8 there's a better chance. But the Shoe seems to be cursed at the moment with these injuries.

Cooper played 11 games for the Storm yet I doubt Bellamy's coaching credentials were questioned for picking him more than once.

The thing as I see it is that by putting Coop to 5/8, frankly we give the Panties a thing they can easily control. We put Turbo there, we give them a thing they have to worry about. Biggest problem though, the tactical kicking load.

With Schu out we have some problems, need to do something a bit audacious if we are to upset Penrith's pattern and give ourselves any chance.

Note however a comment on NRL.com in Late Mail that if Schu is ruled out then Coop comes into the squad. If true, I suggest our questions are answered.

Note however a comment on NRL.com in Late Mail that if Schu is ruled out then Coop comes into the squad. If true, I suggest our questions are answered.
So far this year Johns has been picked when Schu has been out. I reckon we'll go the same way against the premiers, there is something to be said for players getting used to playing together.

I know it's not his fault but geeez I'm over not having him on the field coz of injury. If it's correct, of course.
Yep, I'm so over Schu and his injuries too. Along with the constant bagging (imo unwarranted) of Harper and Johns being useless, at least they're on the field. Schu's the useless one when he's not playing and all it does is destabilise the spine/team. Rant over!

Cooper played 11 games for the Storm yet I doubt Bellamy's coaching credentials were questioned for picking him more than once.
A difference is that most times when Cooper deputised, it would been in relatively strong sides with well organised defensive & attacking structures.

He wasn't very good there either and they were more than happy to let him go. In fact I remember him having a shocker at Magic Round last year against the very team we are playing this week.

It is strange to see some here accepting and trying to justify him being the 6 without Schuster. This is the same sort of rubbish we saw from Des last year and one of the main reasons he isn't here anymore. Especially considering Weekes is off contract and we have a chance to play him in a preferred position of his. Penrith's success is built off putting faith into and playing their young guys but it seems we haven't quite worked this out yet - and no, playing Weekes 20 minutes off the bench at hooker is not it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10