Pre-Game Panthers v Manly [Round 6, 2023]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

44 12
Bluebet Stadium
08 Apr 2023 05:30 PM

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s not rocket science, eh Mark? I’m not privy to the inner psychological games or long term plans of the club, but for me, as a sausage-roll eating numpty supporter, it makes sense to give the kid opportunity, especially when one of our porcelain dolls is out.
As I’ve said , everyone has their opinion , none is 100% right or 100% wrong.

I’m not here to criticise an opinion.

But as I’ve said , there’s an awful lot of people up there at the top , with all the inside information, and I’m simply backing them to be making the right choice.

The Manly NRL site can piss the profile pic of Woodsie off the site.(below). How long has Kelma Tuilagi been signed up with us. Yet he’s still got no Manly profile pick. While Martin Tapas has got his pic up with in a Broncos jersey. You shouldn’t put a profile pic in a teams line up with his old club jersey on. No other team has it. And just because Woods was a last minute deal I would rather see his name and that’s it. It’s sacrilegious to have a goons jersey amongst our own.

Just so you know , I believe the NRL manage the websites , with input from the club. So I’d say Manly haven’t sent them a photo yet , if they have the work experience kid may have used the wrong image.

Last edited:
You can almost be guaranteed that Cooper Johns will be given another opportunity if Schuster is out. But obviously there are other options including Weekes or even Croker into the halves and Lawton at Hooker interchanging with Weekes.

You can almost be guaranteed that Cooper Johns will be given another opportunity if Schuster is out. But obviously there are other options including Weekes or even Croker into the halves and Lawton at Hooker interchanging with Weekes.
Crocker was originally and naturally a half, right?

I still haven't given up on Cooper but this is not the game to be bringing him back. He needs some time in reserves to sort out his tackling technique.

Just so you know , I believe the NRL manage the websites , with input from the club. So I’d say Manly haven’t sent them a photo yet , if they have the work experience kid may have used the wrong image.
Yes, that’s what I meant. The Manly/NRL site. As I said, how fkn long before Kelma gets a photo in a Manly jersey? To see a St. Merge jersey in our line-up is shiite. I know some might think WGAF, but it’s the details that matter. Like how fkn hard would it be for the NRL photographer to get to Narrabeen. Throw a Manly jersey on Kelma and Woodsie, and whack it up on the website. It’s not like the old days, and he has to take his roll of film down to the nearest photo shop and come back next day to get them.

Weekes is not the new messiah… but, we need to be smart with giving him the opportunity to shine instead of inhibiting him.
No he is not , But giving him an opportunity will give an insight to where his development is
Koula is a good example held back for a while and given an opportunity after injuries and he has gone on leaps and bounds , But he hasn’t been the try scoring machine many thought, he may well be soon
Johns is a capable back up , Until Weekes gets an opportunity we will won’t know for now if he can offer something else when Schuster is out

Yes, that’s what I meant. The Manly/NRL site. As I said, how fkn long before Kelma gets a photo in a Manly jersey? To see a St. Merge jersey in our line-up is shiite. I know some might think WGAF, but it’s the details that matter. Like how fkn hard would it be for the NRL photographer to get to Narrabeen. Throw a Manly jersey on Kelma and Woodsie, and whack it up on the website. It’s not like the old days, and he has to take his roll of film down to the nearest photo shop and come back next day to get them.
I can’t disagree , but I do know that’s how they are done these days which saves the clubs from each having an IT department.

No he is not , But giving him an opportunity will give an insight to where his development is
Koula is a good example held back for a while and given an opportunity after injuries and he has gone on leaps and bounds , But he hasn’t been the try scoring machine many thought, he may well be soon
Johns is a capable back up , Until Weekes gets an opportunity we will won’t know for now if he can offer something else when Schuster is out
A fair point that!!!

As I’ve said , everyone has their opinion , none is 100% right or 100% wrong.

I’m not here to criticise an opinion.

But as I’ve said , there’s an awful lot of people up there at the top , with all the inside information, and I’m simply backing them to be making the right choice.
I in no way think Weekes is, for consistency, a messiah. And I still have confidence in the coaching group. However, as I mentioned earlier, I have jumped ship to Weekes (only the in absence of Shu) coz he has the potential to add an x factor - something this backline needs. Having said that, if he plays, I hope he has a big game and we can get a win ......... and we can go on about how good Seibs is again. @:)

Last edited:
Schuster aside, we've still got most of our top 17 available so we should be happy while it lasts!! The top backline does seem to always have an aversion to being on the field at the same time though :_
Schu, Koula, Tui, Croker (v Souths and playing busted), Burbo, Saab until now. Light on for adequate reserves is more my gripe tho.

If you think we’ve got 5/8 problems, think again. The Knights have named Phoenix Crossland as their run on 5/8. Imo, the worst player in the NRL. He’s got a lot more than goat photos. The Warriors edge forwards will have a field day running down the Crossland Highway. I want to see Curran run at him like he did to that other turnstyle in Moylan.

Last edited:
Further to this , no doubt he’s a good kid , and talented , but I agree , most on here think he’s the messiah , and playing him at 5/8 will fix everything.

Not that two top line coaches , and a complete coaching team of assistants would know anything though!!
His not the messiah mate, his a rookie busting with potential, has the ability to play the position and speed to burn, so if it comes down to a choice between Coops or Weekes, I’m in the Weekes camp.

I don’t see the upside to Weekes playing 15 min stints at DH, if he was Gordie, I’d get it, (and that’s exactly what Gordie should be doing now) but Weekes is a FB with the natural attributes to play 5/8. We lacked creativity and pace in the middle last week, Weekes can offer us that, I’m not sure Coops does.

Heres another thing, if Tom‘s going to come into the middle and play like a 5/8 why doesn’t he just start there and we play Weekes at FB, it’s a no brainer his a FB after all, he follows the ball anyway and would love running off some of Tom’s work.

Kaeo’s vision in the middle was good at Mudgee, why Seibs took him off and why we tried to defend our way to a win was a little bemusing, he‘d just scored pretty much a solo try and shortly after made the right play sending the ball wide for Kelma’s try to give us the lead. Why we didn’t stay playing attacking footy, is beyond me, we’ve all heard the reasoning, thing is, it just didn’t make sense to pull him off and the result backs that up.

So if shoes out (and watching him closely at Mudgee last week, I always thought he’d be hundreds to play this week) it’s just about playing our best side and that means playing Weekes ahead of Cooper and even Harper for that matter.

The talk around Weekes is about giving him an opportunity and trying to play our best team. I believe we would of won at Mudgee with Weekes at 6 and Lawman in the side instead of Coops and Harper, I think we would of even won if Seibs just left Weekes on. Give the kid a go, we have more to gain.

Last edited:
His not the messiah mate, his a rookie busting with potential, has the ability to play the position and speed to burn, so if it comes down to a choice between Coops or Weekes, I’m in the Weekes camp.

I don’t see the upside to Weekes playing 15 min stints at DH, if he was Gordie, I’d get it, (and that’s exactly what Gordie should be doing now) but Weekes is a FB with the natural attributes to play 5/8. We lacked creativity and pace in the middle last week, Weekes can offer us that, I’m not sure Coops does.

Heres another thing, if Tom‘s going to come into the middle and play like a 5/8 why doesn’t he just start there and we play Weekes at FB, it’s a no brainer his a FB after all, he follows the ball anyway and would love running off some of Tom’s work.

Kaeo’s vision in the middle was good at Mudgee, why Seibs took him off and why we tried to defend our way to a win was a little bemusing, he‘d just scored pretty much a solo try and shortly after made the right play sending the ball wide for Kelma’s try to give us the lead. Why we didn’t stay playing attacking footy, is beyond me, we’ve all heard the reasoning, thing is, it just didn’t make sense to pull him off and the result backs that up.

So if shoes out (and watching him closely at Mudgee last week, I always thought he’d be hundreds to play this week) it’s just about playing our best side and that means playing Weekes ahead of Cooper and even Harper for that matter.

The talk around Weekes is about giving him an opportunity and trying to play our best team. I believe we would of won at Mudgee with Weekes at 6 and Lawman in the side instead of Coops and Harper, I think we would of even won if Seibs just left Weekes on. Give the kid a go, we have more to gain.
I’m not disagreeing with you or anyone but am simply stating we have a perfect good coaching team , who would have all the inside knowledge, be discussing the ins and the outs , and I’m simply leaving it to them to make the best choice.

Be that whoever they choose for which role.

Don’t worry waz, only two more years of DCE being overpaid a under delivering.

The kicker of course is, we will probably have lost Weekes, Humphries or latu fainu in that time!
Further to this , no doubt he’s a good kid , and talented , but I agree , most on here think he’s the messiah , and playing him at 5/8 will fix everything.

Not that two top line coaches , and a complete coaching team of assistants would know anything though!!
They seem to think Harper is best choice centre and deserves a spot..don’t they watch Blacktown…Harper is average at best there let alone nrl...I would have Lawton in the centres to fill in…he is faster has more energy a better player and is a stronger defender

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8