Post-Game Discussion Panthers v Manly [Round 6, 2023]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Game Information

Panthers
Vs
Sea Eagles
44 Bluebet Stadium
08 Apr 2023 17:30
80:00 minute

Match Stats

Well they didn’t play much better in the 2nd but got even share of the ball and didn’t really give up
But very dissatisfying first half. Hopefully put that one behind them and on to next week

43 missed tackles.
Only 3 players ran for 100+ metres (Harper, Jake and Josh A).
Completely outplayed.

And just wait someone will say

We drew the second half with the Panthers.

Panthers took the foot of the pedal the second half ..only saving grace for us.

That capitulation tonight makes me even angrier with Tisschu. Needed in a big game and not there. Can't be relying on two glass stars in such key spine positions. It's untenable moving forward. Add in the Headless Chook and his inability to lead this team with composure under adversity and a Clayton's hooker... is it any wonder we see such diabolical inconsistency in our performances.

**** can't believe our season is still alive

Im trying to put some perspective on this and acknowledge that we got pumped at home against the two time defending. But that first half was so bad.

We are too easy to get around the outside of due to lack of speed in the centers, notice when Koula is there teams dont go around us so easily on the right as he has the speed to slide. Morgan needs to run backwards to have any chance of cutting them off. But tonights not the night to bash Harper as we were poor in a lot of areas.

And i seem to say this weekly...we have zero ability to stop second phase play. Every team knows they can throw offload after offload against us... It killed us in thr first half!

Im just going to move on from this one, though the Storm are looking ok at the moment too. Tough night at Brookie coming up..

It’s only round 6 and we have almost our entire backline that’s different to the first couple of games. Injuries mid game don’t help with players out of position.

Hopefully this opens up opportunities for players like Vaega to play next week, and another big guy on the bench as our bench is small compared to other teams. Keppie, Bully and another genuine forward needs to be in, not Lawton. Weekes will get utility until GCK is eligible for 1st grade.

I am not writing off the season just yet - we have shown enough in the early rounds - just need a consistent 17 week in week out.

Is there something going on we dont know about???
No-one knows about this. I just made it up. Things could always be worse.

That was a terribly disappointing effort.

I am disappointed with myself because when I found out Weekes was playing 6 I thought that was a good idea. It wasn't.

Johns is a better five eighth at the moment. He's older and smarter and more tenacious because he has lesser athletic gifts. He cattle dogs a bigger player to the ground in defence and has the nouse to know how to do it.

The only thing worse could be seeing your team play for no points after being caught cheating or watching them go around year after year as known cheats like the Roosters, who the game doesn't have the balls to clamp down upon.

Tough night manly fans, you'll get through it.

Premiers 2026.

The overall attitude is very poor. Some teams just look like, they can’t wait to play each week. Manly look like, they’re just showing up because they’re getting paid to play.
And that is demonstrated no more clearly than when we let in a try out wide and instead of turning around and at least keeping them out wide we all drop our heads and let ‘em just waltz on in closer to the post. That is just total lack of effort and commitment. That pisses me off no end seeing that.

Closed Game Day thread, can't reply to posters who are giving up on our team. Oh well, sayonara to them I guess.
I am pissed off and embarrassed by us tonight but won't be going anywhere.

That was ugly from us tonight and I just don't think we come back from this tonight in 2023.

The overall attitude is very poor. Some teams just look like, they can’t wait to play each week. Manly look like, they’re just showing up because they’re getting paid to play.
7 of em didn't even do that last year

Can’t believe people are surprised. our form line was horrible. And our tam isn’t very good and our best player may as well not be playing

We best a depleted bulldogs team
Had a bye
Just beat the eels and did our best to lose it
We’re unlucky against the bunnies but still lacked the polish, professionalism and desire to win
Drew against a hopeless knights

Our captain is a huge ****ing issue and had been for years

Parker and Harper both need to go

Croker can’t even tackle anymore

Whole squad needs a massive attitude adjustment.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4