[Resurrected] Parcell the next to go?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
I reckon he's a decent half, just not a dummy half. Not being able to pass well to both sides has 'grown up playing in the halves, on one side of the field only' written all over it.

I get the feeling that his first thought as a half is "what can I do" and when nothing is on, he then looks to players outside him.

A natural half will always back himself, but his first thoughts are how can I create something for my outside players, how can I set them up.

Great post, you've finally said what I have been saying all along accept I get troll ratings whenever I say Parcell is overrated. Parcell has potential but he has done nothing for this team. Koroisau has played his heart out for this club, gives 100%.
Your full of it turbo. You said parcell was a gun who would play origin. you continue to guess your way around this forum it's only because of your age??? I don't really give it to you.

I get the feeling that his first thought as a half is "what can I do" and when nothing is on, he then looks to players outside him.

A natural half will always back himself, but his first thoughts are how can I create something for my outside players, how can I set them up.

His first instinct is definitely to run, which can be a good thing - if he was a bit quicker/more accurate at getting the ball to the guys outside him once he realises nothing's on, he'd be great. As it stands, it's probably the other thing that also makes him unsuited to hooker - the good hookers concentrate mostly on distributing the ball, and pick their moments to go for a scoot every now and then. Api wants to run more than he should in that position.

That said, I reckon he would go ok in the Heath L'Estrange type role - bring him on at hooker 15 mins before halftime, and late in the second half as well, and just let him run. You can afford to sacrifice perfect ball distribution in short bursts, when it's done so you can get a quick little runner going at tired opposition.

His first instinct is definitely to run, which can be a good thing - if he was a bit quicker/more accurate at getting the ball to the guys outside him once he realises nothing's on, he'd be great. As it stands, it's probably the other thing that also makes him unsuited to hooker - the good hookers concentrate mostly on distributing the ball, and pick their moments to go for a scoot every now and then. Api wants to run more than he should in that position.

That said, I reckon he would go ok in the Heath L'Estrange type role - bring him on at hooker 15 mins before halftime, and late in the second half as well, and just let him run. You can afford to sacrifice perfect ball distribution in short bursts, when it's done so you can get a quick little runner going at tired opposition.

When all is said and done, the basic job description of a 7 and 9 is to get the best performance out of the 11 players around them. If they achieve this end then they have done their job.

Playing well as an individual may impress the viewer, but it won't impress a coach for long at the video sessions if he sees his star centres and 2nd rowers starved of good service.

I am desperately keen to see Api improve in this area because I love his commitment.

Fancy calling me a kennel type supporter too, ha ha you must be a silvertail lol
Thanks I'll take that as a compliment.
And I didn't call you a Kennel type supporter, its just that I don't want to see Silvertails taken over with Kennel-style posting.
How can we purport to be superior if we are not, so we need higher standards.

Thanks I'll take that as a compliment.
And I didn't call you a Kennel type supporter, its just that I don't want to see Silvertails taken over with Kennel-style posting.
How can we purport to be superior if we are not, so we need higher standards.
It was tongue in cheek, I am sure it passed you by. Come on, I am only stirring you xxx

I don't think those missed tackle stats tell the whole story. At times Api is that keen he attempts tackles that are not his to make and could stay out of, that another player would just let go to the blokes in front of the runner. He doesn't just take "his man" he tries to take them all.

Also he tries to hit hard, that can make you miss the odd one ... but worth it, I don't think our defence suffers with him in the middle.

"Tackles that arent his to make" ????

He is on the field, in the middle of the field ,,,,,,every tackle is his to make, along with his 12 mates.

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8
9 4 5 -19 8