[Resurrected] Parcell the next to go?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
I think Parcell is one of the biggest myths to ever be spoken of on the forum...done nothing, promises nothing. Just get rid of the deadwood now. He has absolutely no mongrel or emotion...he looks half asleep at the ruck and like he wants to go to the corso for a coffee. At least Api rips in!
Api is that you???:giggle:

Great post, you've finally said what I have been saying all along accept I get troll ratings whenever I say Parcell is overrated. Parcell has potential but he has done nothing for this team. Koroisau has played his heart out for this club, gives 100%.
or is this you???@;)

Based on Zorbas lavish praise of Parcell in his column in today's Manly Daily I say that he is not going anywhere

Maybe Peters does read these items, saw another wedge developing between supporters and admin and they changed their mind. Then again it could be showing that in getting rid of him, the Club is sad to lose him. So many scenarios, so much subterfuge

Last edited:
Maybe Peters does read these items, saw another wedge developing between supporters and admin and they changed their mind. Then again it could be showing that in getting rid of him, the Club is sad to lose him. So many scenarios, so much subterfuge

Yeh just read the item. That's the Clubs indirect way of saying he's safe (for now) to the fan base. They've been reading our stuff.

Last edited:
Based on Zorbas lavish praise of Parcell in his column in today's Manly Daily I say that he is not going anywhere
Alternatively Zorbas article highlights Matt Parcell had a recurring hamstring problem and missed a lot of football this season.

That is the kind of seed you would like to diseminate if you were about to cut him loose.

How the article gets to Parcell is a bit off topic, they wanted to make a mention of him today, that's for sure.

The Penns do play the media games extremely well, its still in the area of too early to call.

Seriously?
Oh dear God - here it comes: @mave - let it go mate. No matter how right you are, @Woodsie will always be MORE right than that - just ask him.

preacher-pulpit2-r2.jpg

Alternatively Zorbas article highlights Matt Parcell had a recurring hamstring problem and missed a lot of football this season.

That is the kind of seed you would like to diseminate if you were about to cut him loose.

How the article gets to Parcell is a bit off topic, they wanted to make a mention of him today, that's for sure.

The Penns do play the media games extremely well, its still in the area of too early to call.

Its all a question of timing. Peter's has jumped the gun in a sense in that he's made this out of context comment to indirectly appease supporter angst. But he's done it too obviously. He should have left it several weeks and allowed the issue to die a little and then said it. Then it would have seemed that the decision had less to do with supporter pressure and more an uninfluenced management decision.

A squad to compete in the Nines will be chosen early with a view to do better in the Auckland based tournament.

One player who is certain to be selected is somewhat forgotten hooker Matt Parcell.

After an outstanding start to his NRL career Parcell was hit hard by recurring hamstring problems in the second half of the season.

Parcell showed enough while fit to suggest he has a big career ahead of him at Manly.

The smart young hooker will hit the ground fit and ready to go at summer training.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...l/news-story/013166f907deedd488b680acba5668fb

Zorba doing anything for the fans?

Nah. Just trying to take the heat off his paymaster until they make a deal one way or the other. At this stage I think he's staying. But if they find a buyer, and quite frankly he's worth it, their position will no doubt change. these guys are better than Monopoly champions

Paging Mr George R.R. Martin...

Interesting trade. Seems Sharks really are keen on another Hooker and we are after a Centre. I think we would probably win this one especially with us having Api in our stocks.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
11 7 4 59 14
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 -10 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 5 5 -56 12