Parker

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
My point was Coote, McCarthy, Menzies were stars of the game while Parker is pretty much relying on good fortune.

I'm suggesting Parker may have been placed in the wrong spot and could have been far more effective as lock. Just conjecture there but his performance strikes me much like a forward playing in the backs. Comparing apples and oranges at the moment until we see them in comparable roles.

My mate who watched our last game pinpointed Parker as our weakest player vs the Storm. I'm not so sure. He is probably the best defensive centre in the game at the moment. Although he is one of the slowest centres in the game, his defence, courage, passion and determination evens things out. He also runs some pretty nice lines running with a full head of steam and If used effectively can see him score a try relatively untouched. He is a keeper in the centres for the remainder of the season if his form is good. But yeah let's bulk him up a bit in the off-season (7-8 kgs perhaps) and use him as a bench forward next year and see how he goes.

My mate who watched our last game pinpointed Parker as our weakest player vs the Storm. I'm not so sure. He is probably the best defensive centre in the game at the moment. Although he is one of the slowest centres in the game, his defence, courage, passion and determination evens things out. He also runs some pretty nice lines running with a full head of steam and If used effectively can see him score a try relatively untouched. He is a keeper in the centres for the remainder of the season if his form is good. But yeah let's bulk him up a bit in the off-season (7-8 kgs perhaps) and use him as a bench forward next year and see how he goes.
Is your mate a parramatta supporter? Just sayin’ because their supporters have no idea!

Just sayin’

Is your mate a parramatta supporter? Just sayin’ because their supporters have no idea!

Just sayin’
Nah, he actually supports the Broncos. He was amazed with our tough defence though. I told him before season kick off that I predicted a Manly vs Broncos grand final with Broncos 1st Manly 2nd after 27 rounds. I've only known the guy for 9 weeks so more of an acquaintance than anything but he is a Queenslander through and through. He grew up in far north QLD.

I thought the same. I was having a quick look through every teams centre combination and I can’t see any club wanting to sign him.

Our top 3 highest paid players are reportedly on over $3 million per season between them. We have a few very good players who are on a decent salary and/or who are getting upgraded so they aren't tempted to leave. We recently had to trade out some promising young players to help keep one of our stars on the books.

All the while, we have to pay 30 players while staying under the salary cap. This means that we need some players who will do a solid job on a (comparatively) modest salary.

If Croker or Parker were getting paid $600k to do the job they are doing, then this would be a different conversation.

Our top 3 highest paid players are reportedly on over $3 million per season between them. We have a few very good players who are on a decent salary and/or who are getting upgraded so they aren't tempted to leave. We recently had to trade out some promising young players to help keep one of our stars on the books.

All the while, we have to pay 30 players while staying under the salary cap. This means that we need some players who will do a solid job on a (comparatively) modest salary.

If Croker or Parker were getting paid $600k to do the job they are doing, then this would be a different conversation.
We only have to pay 29 this year. Woods is costing us $0 on the cap.

Parker is good defensively - most of the time.

However, he has been exposed a couple of times this year badly - especially by Cody Walker who isn't exactly lightning fast.

My mate who watched our last game pinpointed Parker as our weakest player vs the Storm. I'm not so sure. He is probably the best defensive centre in the game at the moment. Although he is one of the slowest centres in the game, his defence, courage, passion and determination evens things out.

Your mate has a good eye. Against the Storm, Parker got scorched on the outside after a poor defensive read twice in the first half, one which led to Melbourne’s only try.

Against Souths got scorched on the outside after a poor defensive read which was the only time Souths crossed our line with the ball in hand.

The Newcastle and Penrith centres both had field days against Parker for the entirety of both matches which led to multiple tries.

Parker's injury seems severe. Might have to try push for Talau to come early, we are light on centres right now with Koula still expected for round 10 as well.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7