Parra 2016 - tin foil hat theory

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I hear you nicci, your idea has merit. We all know the NRL like to favour certain teams each year and pull the strings on the team they would most like to see premier. The only problem with Parra being given a legup is that the team has to be genuinely good, have the ability to win some tight games so that the refs bias is not too obvious. Parra, despite their obvious strengthening, are still Parra, they are fairly useless and will find a way to fk it all up. The NRL's bias can only take them so far. Im sure the NRL will have another team to favour in mind (because they know Parra are ****)

It will be horrible, just horrible if they do well. My very best mate is a Slime supporter we have known each other since the first day of Kindy (1960) and its only in football that we disagree about anything.

Ive given him hell for 30 years, it has to change one day but please don't let it be 2016!!

Barrett better get a win against the slimes if he wants us to warm up to him .
If he wants to become one of us the only way to get there is by winning the games that count most

I've said it before,
If Paul Gallen announces 2016 as his last season put your money on Cronulla for the NRL planned fairytale

I've said it before,
If Paul Gallen announces 2016 as his last season put your money on Cronulla for the NRL planned fairytale
Put your money on us screwing the Sharks and Gallens fairytale hopes . We screwed them in the 1973 and 78 grand finals and all other semi finals .

O
Oh please @BOZO , u have been man loving him for months....dont start trying to throw us off your scent. We know u r one of "them"
I love the club and nothing that gets in the way of the clubs success .
I am one of them and that is I am a passionate Manly supporter that loves the club first and daylight second .
Go the mighty Sea eagles !!!

imagesXTFPO9UI.jpg

I've said it before,
^^^ see this is something that i would believe. The NRL love their fairytales and if they can pull the strings (within reason) to get a fairytale to happen they wont hesitate to do it.

You're really wearing your tin foil hat when you can think of a fairytale for just about every team but yours.
Apart from the Slime and the first ever for the Sharkies there could also be -

Cows - 1st back to back in ages. Continue spreading the JT love
Donkeys - Master Bennett returns them to former glory. It's permanently written up as an Australian Policy, that they will only ever play on Friday nights.
Titans and Tigpies - basket cases against the odds
Warriors - trophy to NZ. Hangis in backyards everywhere
Bunnies - return of Burgess motivates the resurgent pride of the league - hurl
Dogs - Justifies Hasler defection. Greenslime celebrates with himself
Panthers - battlers from the west. Gus's plan clicks against the odds
Newcastle - plenty of hard times recently and no success since the Joey days
Raiders - long time between drinks
*Rorters - they'll probably have to wait for an SBW return so maybe 2017
*St Merge - can't think of reason for their fairytale as they had it with Bennett - maybe a renewed Benji lovefest

Definitely unscripted for fairytales, Manly and Melbourne due to too much recent success. Manly's legitimate, Melbourne's still reeking of cap cheating. This tin foil hat is fitting uncomfortably well.:p
GO MANLY!!!

You're really wearing your tin foil hat when you can think of a fairytale for just about every team but yours.
Apart from the Slime and the first ever for the Sharkies there could also be -

Cows - 1st back to back in ages. Continue spreading the JT love
Donkeys - Master Bennett returns them to former glory. It's permanently written up as an Australian Policy, that they will only ever play on Friday nights.
Titans and Tigpies - basket cases against the odds
Warriors - trophy to NZ. Hangis in backyards everywhere
Bunnies - return of Burgess motivates the resurgent pride of the league - hurl
Dogs - Justifies Hasler defection. Greenslime celebrates with himself
Panthers - battlers from the west. Gus's plan clicks against the odds
Newcastle - plenty of hard times recently and no success since the Joey days
Raiders - long time between drinks
*Rorters - they'll probably have to wait for an SBW return so maybe 2017
*St Merge - can't think of reason for their fairytale as they had it with Bennett - maybe a renewed Benji lovefest

Definitely unscripted for fairytales, Manly and Melbourne due to too much recent success. Manly's legitimate, Melbourne's still reeking of cap cheating. This tin foil hat is fitting uncomfortably well.:p
GO MANLY!!!

Exactly right. No matter which team wins there will be an ability to justify a conspiracy theory...as an aside considering how incompetent the NRL has been does anything think that they could successfully carry out any sort of conspiracy? I mean they can not even get the draw right.....

Exactly right. No matter which team wins there will be an ability to justify a conspiracy theory...as an aside considering how incompetent the NRL has been does anything think that they could successfully carry out any sort of conspiracy? I mean they can not even get the draw right.....

Yeah.....but they do that on purpose!!!!

:tinfoil:

I'll believe that Tin foil hat theory, but for another season down the track. The nrl won't green light them until the salary cap problems are swept a little more under the carpet. Maybe 2018

Here is the problem I see for the Speels in 2016....

Yes they now have Kieran Foran and lets face it, he is a good rugby league player. He can play halfback and has played that position for the Kiwis, but he is no Peter Sterling (for one thing, he has hair). And while their backline of Michael Gordon, Semi, John Folau, Ryan Morgan, Gutho, Corey Norman and Foz isn't all that bad when you look at it, having a talented backline doesn't mean much when your forwards aren't up to scratch.....

Choc and Tim Mannah are past it. David Gower is serviceable at best. They do have a bunch of talented kids, but that is the operative word - kids. Most are barely out of the Holden Cup. They've lost Lussick and have gained Hasson and no prizes for guessing who got the better of that deal.

And when your forwards aren't doing a lot of go-forward, what doesn't help is having kickers who have much better short kicking games than long. We all know Foran can kick, but there was a reason that DCE is the main kicker for Manly and Foz wasn't.

Having two talented goal kickers in Gordon and Gutho will be a bonus for them though.

Personally I think that at best they are a top 8 chance. But other than that, as they have done since 1986 the Speels will be making up the numbers.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6