Parramatta 40 - 8 Manly

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Mal Cochrane said:
i don't like eels either, but let's be fair. Ricky got a crap roster and he is cleaning out. No coach would be doing much good with that roster.

haven't heard too many great signings for next year, but if no top 8 in year 3, then i would be tapping Ricky on the shoulder.

I think Ricky is at least as much to blame as the roster. His coaching record is abominable, and no team has improved under him. With the 2 decent props he has, and some backs with promise, he could make them play no nonsense straight footy, get to your kick on the fifth, tackle as best you can, no fancy stuff. They would still lose but not by 30 each week. Look at how manly rebuilt in 2003 and 2004. Not pretty but effective in the end.

Some games from manly back then were dominated by dummy half running, often by hoppa. It was boring, but we still won enough to avoid the spoon easily.

Last night in the 1st 20 parra dropped it every time they tried to string a few Passes together. Bad coaching.

I don't buy rebuilding by becoming even less competitive than they were last year, you need to make some progress, regardless of where they finished last year they played better. I also don't buy into dropping your half back thats there long term when you're being beaten by 40 each week anyway.

Re-building what they have one of the biggest junior areas to choose from and they go out buy crap players. They need Sterlo or Brett Kenny in their to help them out but I love watching them get smashed so Ha Ha.

God said:
I don't buy rebuilding by becoming even less competitive than they were last year, you need to make some progress, regardless of where they finished last year they played better. I also don't buy into dropping your half back thats there long term when you're being beaten by 40 each week anyway.
I would say that the reason Sandow has been dropped is not only because of poor form, but because they no longer want him,and the best way to get rid of a player that has been signed long term is to drop him, after a season in NSW cup, he'll want a release, as it would be career suicide to try and see out your contract in reserve grade, that's what they did to Daniel Mortimer.

I'd buy that theory IF they hadn't told half a dozen under contract players they weren't wanted next year (and they're stating publicly they want him there) , they'd just do the same with him you'd think as the others they're culling.

Here is a "tin foil hat" special!!!!

In a conversation with an elderly Eels supporter, ex board member the other day, he suggested that the church group, Hillsong, pulled the strings at Parra. Sort of made sense :)

anthonyb1965 said:
Here is a "tin foil hat" special!!!!

In a conversation with an elderUly Eels supporter, ex board member the other day, he suggested that the church group, Hillsong, pulled the strings at Parra. Sort of made sense :)

That's awesome! Makes sense too, I recall they trotted hayne and maybe even hoppa out there once, saw it in a paper. Even though hoppa is a Mormon, but let's face it what's the difference? That would explain why sandow is in reserves, doing penance for his gambling. Hills ong hates gambling because it is sinful, Or maybe because it gets in the way of people being able to donate 15% of their earnings to them.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4