Parramatta appreciation thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Interesting point Jen. Imagine if Hayne had been playing at Manly, the Roosters, Souths or Brisbane during his NRL career.

In other news, I've just come across some recent revisionist advice suggesting that 'Parramatta' roughly translates as "The dysfunctional gift that keeps on giving".

I'm pretty sure it means "place where the Eels lie down" or something.

It wouldn't surprise me. It would be fitting given that's become their go to move. :rofl:

My very best mate ( since we were 5 at school) is an Eels fan, more bastard has had to suffer it for over 50 years .

He gave it to me when they signed Hoppa Jnr, since then I've given it back to him in spades about the $925k Man!!

He gave it to me when they signed Watmough, well I've indeed had the last laugh there!!

And he gave it to me again when Foran signed, the Fat Lady hasn't sung yet but she's warming up the vocal cords on that front!!

Mark, he was just trying to stir you with one of their many wooden spoons. Isn't it great no manly supporter can do the same thing we don't have any wooden spoons.

It's been a quiet week for the eels. No massive dramas. Even their salary cap rort with Roy Spagnolo and Eddie Obeid has gone silent. I expect they are being audited this week and next.

a9PKWVK_700b.jpg

Last edited:
Despite being 2 points apart on the table (possibly equal points after Monday night), the premiership odds are $26 for us and $501 for the Eels.

Ahh, schadenfreude. I'm not proud of it, but it feels good.

1eyedEel forum is priceless tonight.
Best ive read in a long time.

Oh god the website design on that site is so ugly, it hurts my eyes. Thank god this site looks nice and pretty. I also love that they have Foran on their banner despite the fact that he is still playing for Manly. You can tell they are desperate.

1eyedEel forum is priceless tonight.
Best ive read in a long time.
They're a rabble, no-one wants to call for Dalai's head because he's bringing Foran, the silly bastards seem to believe things will get better, there's something in the water out there, they're all delusional but an obvious source of pride is their possibly third spoon in five years, what an achievement, well done slugs !!!

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8