Parramatta appreciation thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Saw this on Facebook. I lol'd.
image.jpg

The interesting part of that article is

The former Melbourne assistant [Arthur] was in a position of strength given he had received a $1 million-a-season offer from Manly, which Sea Eagles officials believed would help convince star halves Kieran Foran and Daly Cherry-Evans to stay. However, Arthur didn't exploit the situation to agitate for further increases, only demanding the club [Parra] keep its word.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...-extension-20150826-gj8hr0.html#ixzz3jvSVBnax
Follow us: @smh on Twitter | sydneymorningherald on Facebook

It just gets better at Parramatta.

Funny if Arthur left parra before next season. Foran would be in tears

He must be a mornon to knock back an offer for $1m to accept one for $500k.

Wow. Half a million more a season than Parra didn't want to offer Arthur and he still prefers to go to Parra? And all this after Parra had reneged on their previous commitments with him, showing how unreliable they are?

Has Arthur got rocks in in head? Does he hate the Penns? This can't be accurate surely?

Wow. Half a million more a season than Parra didn't want to offer Arthur and he still prefers to go to Parra? And all this after Parra had reneged on their previous commitments with him, showing how unreliable they are?

Has Arthur got rocks in in head? Does he hate the Penns? This can't be accurate surely?
G'day all,Maybe he didn't out of respect for Toovey?After all he wouldn't be in that position if Toovey didn't let go from us.
cheers mike

G'day all,Maybe he didn't out of respect for Toovey?After all he wouldn't be in that position if Toovey didn't let him go from us.
cheers mike

Just read the Dalai article.:giggle:
I really hope Manly didn't offer him a million dollar contract. A bloke that finished 9th as his greatest achievement over a club legend that only lost the 2013 GF due to Steggles Hayne.
Has Manly gone mad since the the Penns took over?
I don't see the attraction of the Dalai. He always seems cranky and has a seriously mediocre record.
Keep it coming Parra.
But the Manly stuff is alarming.

As I have said before Parramatta is the gift that just keeps giving.

Now to fixing up that current scoreboard anomaly.

Last edited:
I would be in stitches if Arthur Left. Does Foran have a clause in his contract or did someone at Wattthematta have brains to not get that clause in

http://wwos.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=9023320

Arthur reportedly set to sue Parramatta

Parramatta's off-field woes have taken a new turn with coach Brad Arthur reported to be considering legal action against the NRL club.

According to Fairfax Media, Arthur and his management are looking at their options after the Eels allegedly reneged on a signed contract to extend and upgrade his existing deal.

The club announced it had re-signed Arthur until 2017 in November, but it was to terms less lucrative than those originally agreed to with chairman Steve Sharp.

The report said Arthur raised the issue of the discrepancy and the matter came to a head in February where he demanded a new contract be delivered amid fears he would walk out on the club.

Star signing Kieran Foran, who joins the club for the 2016 season, has a clause in his contract that offers him a get-out clause should Arthur leave the club.

It's understood Arthur wants the matter resolved amicably out of court and has left it in the hands of his manager Chris Orr who believes he may have no other choice to ensure his client isn't left out of pocket.

NSW centre Will Hopoate has already taken Supreme Court action against Parramatta after they allegedly failed to honour a contract extension he was offered, and signed, earlier this year.

The new deal guarantees Hopoate a salary of $570,000 on the salary cap, plus a marquee allowance of $100,000 and third-party arrangements if they can be negotiated.

The Eels are baulking at paying the hefty price after Hopoate's form dropped, but the 23-year-old's management believes the contract is binding.

Parramatta are also facing being docked four points next season with the NRL investigating the club over salary cap breaches.

Of course the $1 million offer could have been fed to Adrian Buyavowelko (or Adrian just plucked it anyway) by none other than Mr Delmege, no friend of Mr Fluffy, Silent P or ZtH. Nice way to infer they lack judgement and reinforces the notion they were 'white anting' our current coach months ago.

I read the article above about Sandow having a shot at Sterling. I don't think it was a bad shot just a statement that highlighted the champions that played for P/matta back when Sterling played for that team. Sadly for P/matta that is not the case now.

I also remember another article a few years back with Sterling having a shot at Killer (October 8 2006 SMH) when he left P/Matta to play in England and eventually playing for Manly.

It just seems to be the culture there that they bag out ex players.

I am just happy that our club doesn't seem to do that very often, choc of course is the exception. We just like to bag out the board and the owners of the club. A different club a different culture.

I also remember another article a few years back with Sterling having a shot at Killer (October 8 2006 SMH) when he left P/Matta to play in England and eventually playing for Manly.
Simplistic comments back in 2006, surprisingly lacking in insight or empathy from Sterlo. Why would a star player drop out of playing at the highest level and return to playing at Wee Waa? Sterlo couldn't seem to get past not liking it and holding a grudge.

http://www.smh.com.au/news/league/i-wouldnt-have-lyons-in-nrl-sterlo/2006/10/07/1159641575815.html

Last edited:
It just gets better at Parramatta.

Funny if Arthur left parra before next season. Foran would be in tears

He must be a mornon to knock back an offer for $1m to accept one for $500k.
Got to love those mornons ......

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8