Parramatta appreciation thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Where's our friend Chief now? He was happy to come on here trying to antagonise people, making jokes about our club and gloating about Brad Arthur, Watmough and Foran earlier in the season.

He almost cried when someone had a go at him back and now he's nowhere to be seen.

Where's our friend Chief now? He was happy to come on here trying to antagonise people, making jokes about our club and gloating about Brad Arthur, Watmough and Foran earlier in the season.

He almost cried when someone had a go at him back and now he's nowhere to be seen.

Typical Troll, they come on to gloat but cannot handle the heat when the boot is on the other foot.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/chris-sandow-sledges-peter-sterling-on-warrington-wolves-debut/story-fni3fbgz-1227468905024

Chris Sandow sledges Peter Sterling on Warrington Wolves debut

• MIKE COLMAN
  • THE COURIER-MAIL
  • AUGUST 04, 2015 8:57AM

PARRAMATTA discard Chris Sandow reported for duty at Warrington Wolves on Monday to a warm reception from fans and officials, but couldn’t resist a parting shot at Eels legend Peter Sterling, claiming the former champion halfback had relied on his all-star teammates to do his tackling for him.:giggle:

Sterling, who played in Parra’s four premierships in the 1980s, was scathing in recent comments about Sandow as he fought the club over a release to the Super League.

Speaking on Channel 9 after Sandow had put in a seemingly disinterested performance against the Bulldogs, Sterling said Parramatta was better off without him.

“You cannot be responsible for setting up two smashing tries but then be directly responsible for conceding three,” he said.

story-fni3fbgz-1227468905024

Sandow, standing on Warrington’s home ground Halliwell Jones Stadium after receiving his first Wolves jersey in front of around 200 cheering fans, said Sterling benefited from the quality of the players around him during his playing days.

“Sterlo is a legend of the game,” he said. “He’s got his own opinion but he’s probably done that a bit in his time too, set up a few tries and let a few in. He didn’t play with any slouches in his team. He played pretty much with a whole Australian team behind him.:D

“With Ray Price in the forwards and Mick Cronin and Steve Ella doing all their stuff, Sterlo probably didn’t have to do much.”

Which, he said, was in direct contrast to the situation at Parramatta this season where he was criticised by fans and media alike.

“It’s been a tough year,” he said. “People have got to realise it’s not a one man team. There’s 16 other people out there on the field. It’s tough to take the criticism on board; frustrating too as a player, because I can only do my best. It’s up to the other boys as well to work together as a team.”

While Sandow’s teammates were reportedly fuming with his performance against Canterbury, he and Eels coach Brad Arthur have not seen eye to eye for much of the season. Sandow said there was no one incident that caused the breakdown in relations.

“I don’t know when it happened to be honest, but you can sense things,” he said. “Brad’s a good coach but he had other opinions on how he wanted to play me. You can’t change the way you play. I’m an instinctive player and that makes it hard.

“There were some times he wanted me to do stuff I wasn’t comfortable with. Sometimes you have to listen to the coach but it’s hard to teach what I do.

“That’s why I wanted to come here. (Warrington coach) Tony Smith spoke to me on the phone and we’re on the same page. The Wolves play a pretty good brand of footy and that’s the style I’m going to fit into. That’s my game.”

Sandow had a chance to watch the Wolves in action in their losing Challenge Cup semi-final against Hull KR on the weekend and said the passion of the supporters was an eye-opener.

“I had goosebumps the whole time,” he said. “I asked Tony if I could run on.”

Hailed by former Eels captain Nathan Cayless at the time of his transfer from South Sydney in 2012 as “the biggest signing in the club’s history”, Sandow struggled both on and off the field after making the move.

He said his much- documented issues with drinking and gambling are a thing of the past.

“That’s behind me,” he said. “It’s just the culture of the NRL. All the boys like to have a beer and a punt and I got caught up in the middle of it.

“It’s what football players like to do in their time off, and we’re entitled to our time off and to do whatever we want, when we want. There were plenty of blokes at my last club, and the one before that, that were probably worse than me, but I’ve got it under control and it’s all a fresh start here.

“I’m pretty happy with my game. I just have to work with my teammates. Sometimes I try to do my own stuff but that’s the type of player I am, I hate losing. Johnathan Thurston hates losing too, but he has the good players around him. I think I’m going to go real well with the players they’ve got here at Warrington.”

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...els-salary-cap-stuff-ups-20150815-gizojf.html

Dunce cap: The secret dossier revealing Parramatta Eels' salary cap stuff ups

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...-stuff-ups-20150815-gizojf.html#ixzz3ivdhEGjx
Follow us: @smh on Twitter | sydneymorningherald on Facebook

EXCLUSIVE: Well before Corey Norman's car was repossessed, the Hayne Plane had flown or the club proposed punting Chris Sandow before the start of the 2014 season to appease the NRL, it should have been evident Parramatta had salary cap troubles.

Yet the Eels ignored repeated warnings from head office to properly manage their roster, resulting in the club blowing its entire second-tier salary cap for 2014 in its very first game of that season.

If Parramatta begins its 2016 campaign four competitions points in arrears, below are the reasons why. Fairfax Media obtained the breach notice the NRL issued after the club again overspent on all of its salary caps for the first-grade and NYC squads. The document shows that, despite repeated warnings, the top-tier NRL cap was breached on 17 occasions, while exemptions for players were often requested only after they had already taken the field.

Advertisement
The 29-page notice, along with additional appendices, states the "breaches … illustrate a continuing deterioration in the Club's management of the Salary Cap. In the absence of a compelling explanation, this reflects poorly both on the management of the Salary Cap by those staff directly responsible and the effectiveness of the Club's overall governance structure."

Many observers marvel that Parramatta has overspent on a team that has been uncompetitive for so long, including the earning of wooden spoons in 2012-13. The NRL initially sent the Eels a breach notice for $525,000, although the actual fine was reduced to $465,000 after the club clarified aspects of second-tier payments.

Parramatta management self-reported some of the rostering issues it had inherited after years of poor retention and recruitment decisions, but failed to properly remedy them. The result was a large fine, the threat of competition points being deducted and the need for an independent governance review to be conducted to the NRL's satisfaction.

Fairfax Media can reveal that a car the Eels provided to playmaker Norman from January to October of last year was in contravention to the rules, resulting in a breach amount of $13,096. The breach came to light after the NRL audited Parramatta's 2014 post-season declaration of remuneration, which also found:

- Jarryd Hayne's flights to Seattle, ostensibly as part of a study tour which instead hastened his departure to the NFL, were "outside of Player Hayne's employment as a Parramatta Player and therefore not a cost of business". The breach, when fringe benefits tax was factored in, was $15,571.

- Lee Mossop's agent fees, totalling $5000, were paid for but not disclosed by the club.

Those, coupled with other breaches, resulted in $52,606 of undisclosed payments, which – when added to those disclosed – put them $101,718 over the NRL top 25 cap. Later, hooker Nathan Peats was forced to hand over the keys to his vehicle as well.

That the Eels were heading over the precipice should have come as no surprise. Salary cap auditor Jamie L'Oste Brown was in regular contact with Parramatta's general manager of football, Daniel Anderson, and his staff about the current and pending issues.

In December of 2013, at Anderson's request, the NRL sent a calculation projecting the Eels would bust the cap by $290,879 for the following season. At a meeting a month later, "Mr Anderson proposed potential solutions for the Club included releasing Players Chris Sandow and [Daniel] Harrison, renegotiating Player Mossop's contract; loaning Player Vai Toutai to the London Broncos; and finalising a belated injury allowance claim from 2013."

The statement is proof the club was keen to shift Sandow, who was taking up a considerable chunk of Parramatta's funds, well before the enigmatic halfback was eventually released to Warrington last month.

Over ensuing weeks, Anderson told the NRL of his intention to also terminate the contracts of Ben Smith, Ken Sio and Joseph Paulo, but did not do so.

The Eels began their 2014 campaign with a victory over the Warriors, but it was an inauspicious start from a salary cap perspective. It was only the opening game but already the club committed a second-tier breach totalling $28,555. Anderson was warned continually throughout the season to seek cap exemptions before fielding players outside of the club's top 25, but usually only did so after the event.

L'Oste Brown would go on to approve $566,216 in "total approved ex-cap payments" to players including Semi Radradra, David Gower, Junior Paulo and Tepai Moeroa.

"Notwithstanding their subsequent approval, and despite the instruction of the Salary Cap Auditor that approvals were to be sought prior to the relevant match, many of the applications … were only made after the relevant match was completed," the report stated.

However, they were stung for 17 of the appearances made by Junior Paulo, Gower and Taniela Lassalo. The cost, according to the initial breach notice, was $232,000.

"The club fielded these players in circumstances where it knew that to do so was in breach of the Second Tier Salary NRL Cap," the report stated.

NRL CEO Dave Smith concluded in the notice that he had no option but to come down hard on the Eels, who presumed they would escape with just a meagre fine.

"The seriousness of the Club's breaches in this instance appears to be aggravated by the fact the Club was well aware significantly before the commencement of the 2014 Season of its problems with the Salary Cap and despite this knowledge it took no adequate steps to ensure that it complied with the Salary Cap," Smith wrote.

"Rather than address the issues the Club appears to have decided to participate in the 2014 NRL Competition in conscious breach of the Salary Cap."

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...-stuff-ups-20150815-gizojf.html#ixzz3ive0DHS3
Follow us: @smh on Twitter | sydneymorningherald on Facebook

What really pushed them over this year is getting BoChoc at 600k.
He was not meant to start till 2016, but lucky for us, he forced 2v to release him by threatening to 'tank' in games @:cool:

He was not meant to start till 2016, but lucky for us, he forced 2v to release him by threatening to 'tank' in games @:cool:
It's funny. I thought BoChoc hated Manly, yet here he is providing comic relief and is part of the reason one of our oldest and most hated foes are in severe cap trouble and on the ropes yet again.

Well played BoChoc, well played ;)

I think Dalai Arthur has cooked his own goose the last two weeks...he cheered from the side lines like a fan when they beat a terrible Penrith by 6 points in the worse game of the season, and he has come out and emphatically praised his side for losing last night. Once you accept mediocrity it's very hard to demand more.

I think Dalai Arthur has cooked his own goose the last two weeks...he cheered from the side lines like a fan when they beat a terrible Penrith by 6 points in the worse game of the season, and he has come out and emphatically praised his side for losing last night. Once you accept mediocrity it's very hard to demand more.
Ricky Stuart syndrome?

So he went to parramatta and tanked in all fo their games this year instead.

Good stuff 2v letting him go

How long can the parra board listen to Arthur say they played well for 60 minites every (game) time they lose?

He is the eternal broken record that never changes or improves.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7