Penn calls for calm as Manly look at Brookie security for Gallop

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Another massive fluff piece on hero hardman Goose. Not a pretty read but he obviously has folks willing to win favoritism from the IC is about all I can think of. Am I too harsh? - don't think so.

Facing the music: Gallop enters lions' den with his head held high

Manly and Melbourne in a Friday blockbuster. Fierce rivals. A big crowd. A possible grand final preview. Who would not want to be at Brookvale Oval tonight?

Given the lingering bad blood between Manly and the NRL over the Brett Stewart suspension, you could forgive David Gallop for pulling on the sloppy pants and plonking himself in front of the television. The NRL boss lurches towards understatement when he says his night at the footy is ''unlikely to be a pleasant experience''.

A likely trip to Melbourne in a fortnight to present the J.J. Giltinan Shield to the minor premiers could also be fraught.

Which, regardless of your opinion of Gallop's handling of Stewart and the Storm's salary cap rorting, puts into focus the price high-profile sports executives sometimes pay for making difficult decisions. How they are considered fair game for the type of public humiliation usually avoided by better paid and more powerful executives in other fields, whose most challenging experience is an unusually rowdy gathering of disgruntled shareholders at the annual general meeting.

Before stepping into the lions' den, Gallop was eager not to be seen as taking a ''woe is me'' approach about the inevitable criticism his job brings, or to give the impression he was a reluctant visitor to Brookvale and AAMI Park. While he is likely to receive a hostile reception at those venues, Gallop claims that ''99 of the 100 people'' who recognise him in the street are pleasant and supportive. ''I think that's because the game as a whole is going well and people appreciate that,'' he says.

more @ http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/facing-the-music-gallop-enters-lions-den-with-his-head-held-high-20110825-1jcev.html

Horrible visions of Gallop " pulling on the sloppy pants and plonking himself in front of the television". Gallop may be a plonker but that's his business. What Gallop does in the privacy of his own home should remain sacrosanct.This article goes too far!

Of course if he's seen pulling on the sloppy pants and plonking at Brookie tonight that's a different matter. The extra security measures could come in handy!

Let's hope we don't have any mentally unbalanced forum posters (besides Shane) that are likely to believe this stuff and go there tonight keen to make a name for themselves.

Chip and Chase said:
Let's hope we don't have any mentally unbalanced forum posters (besides Shane) that are likely to believe this stuff and go there tonight keen to make a name for themselves.

I'd prefer watch you or someone else do it

I'll cheer your stupid ass on i promise!

Do you have a preferred method Eagle ?

I have a black belt in Ikebana so I'll see what I can arrange.

bones said:
When asked how will David Gallop be treated by the Manly fans on Friday, Paul Fatty Vautin said on the Big Sports Breakfast this morning that Manly fans should treat him with respect. He said Manly fans believe Gallop was wrong in the way he handled the Brett Stewart case. However, he (Vautin), believed David Gallop did nothing wrong in dealing with the Brett Stewart issue.
I have a reply for the Fatman here and that is we should treat Gallop with the same respect as he has shown the player who represented his state and country , the role model manly fullback who earned the title with his conduct as the face of the league. and that is we should treat Gallop with no respect. Gallop has finally decided to show his face at Brookvale let us all show what we think of him. I dont mean violence I mean vindication for Brett.

Bradza said:
He's not as much of a fool as he portrays on telly but he and his Ch 9 mates do flip flop around when it comes to controversial issues or defending the NRL.

I know a lot about him form when he worked in the Commonealth bank as well as someone who worked with him at ch 9.

Trust me he is a complete idiot who thinks that everyone should laugh whenever he opens his mouth.

The Eagle said:
Chip and Chase said:
Do you have a preferred method Eagle ?

I have a black belt in Ikebana so I'll see what I can arrange.

You know how to turn a man on C&C ;)

Be careful, I know Karate, and other Japanese words

Vautin is looking after his career. Of course, we'll never get the media to shift one inch because:
1. Gallop is News Ltd's man
2. News Ltd = career
3. Puppets lack independent thought.

The latest justification of Brett's suspension by Gallop:

"[Gallop] compares Stewart's position at the time as the official ''face of the NRL'' to a judge who tries to avoid parking tickets. ''The judge goes to jail for that offence; someone else without those responsibilities might not,'' he says. ''I don't think that point has been made clearly enough.''

http://www.theage.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/facing-the-music-gallop-enters-lions-den-with-his-head-held-high-20110825-1jcev.html#ixzz1W7DTufqF

So Gallop is pleading with us to be comfortable that no-one else ever has been suspended for even one week for the new suspendable offence he invented especially for Brett, nor ever will be.

Just another slander of Brett Stewart by Gallop. Stewart has never lied, yet Gallop chooses to compare him to a lying former judge who was jailed for his dishonesty. Brett's lawyers might be interested in this one :)

Rex said:
Vautin is looking after his career. Of course, we'll never get the media to shift one inch because:
1. Gallop is News Ltd's man
2. News Ltd = career
3. Puppets lack independent thought.

The latest justification of Brett's suspension by Gallop:

"[Gallop] compares Stewart's position at the time as the official ''face of the NRL'' to a judge who tries to avoid parking tickets. ''The judge goes to jail for that offence; someone else without those responsibilities might not,'' he says. ''I don't think that point has been made clearly enough.''

http://www.theage.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/facing-the-music-gallop-enters-lions-den-with-his-head-held-high-20110825-1jcev.html#ixzz1W7DTufqF

So Gallop is pleading with us to be comfortable that no-one else ever has been suspended for even one week for the new suspendable offence he invented especially for Brett, nor ever will be.

WTF. This guy is truly a moron, what sort of analogy is that ? Perhaps he would be better to compare it to the case of Lindy Chamberlain, where an innocent person is persecuted on the basis of hysterical media coverage. Gallop is on the public record as stating that Brett was suspended on the basis of the Manly club report and a "suggestion" that he was refused service at another venue. He even admitted that the NRL did not undertake any investigation of their own, preferring to just act on an out of context club report into the incident and hearsay. Gallop wilted under the intensity of the media frenzy and crucified Brett becasue it was easier then doing the right thing. I have lost respect for the guy and the longer he goes on trying to justify his very weak position on this matter the less and less respect I have.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6