Pre-Game Penrith v Manly [Round 1, 2022]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

28 6
BlueBet Stadium
10 Mar 2022 08:05 PM

Team Lists

Shoe1

Journey Man
Walker hurt his knee in the trial from memory. I don’t see koula as a bench player. He either plays or is out of the 17, I wonder what will happen on the night?

If the Foran rumour above is true, I don’t see a 6 in the extended squad except for weekes.

Brookie Bob

"I come back to you now at the turn of the tide"
It may be possible to make such conjectures if Walker wasn't injured in the Raiders trial. Interesting that Koula is not a like for like replacement for Walker, but rather a cover for backline injuries. Wonder if he'll get much game time?
Biggest sub-plot to this game. Here's hoping it's a relatively dry track by then; a creative injection of sheer Koula speed at a decisive moment to crack open what may be a close scoreline. Exciting stuff.

40 nil

It's only a game ...
Cleary is more-or-less to the Panthers what Turbo is to Manly.

However, I think man for man, the Panthers have a better side than Manly this week with maybe only three of our players displacing their top thirteen - Turbo, DCE and Garrick or Saab for Staines. Their new centre, Izack Tago, appears to be a very good player

Edit: I overlooked the selection of Haumole. I rate him ahead of Kikau, but will be surprised if he actually plays

Last edited:
Shocked, named a full strength side, Walker dropped for Koula. Most of the injured players are playing or is Des confusing everyone? Sipley to start? Marty to start, Haumone to start in 2nd row?

Will be interesting to see IFFF Haumole plays. Surprised at Koula on the bench.

Eagle 1

First Grader
Shocked, named a full strength side, Walker dropped for Koula. Most of the injured players are playing or is Des confusing everyone? Sipley to start? Marty to start, Haumone to start in 2nd row?

Toff deserves his start, played very strongly in the two trials.

Supreme Leader

Uber L77T playa
It may be possible to make such conjectures if Walker wasn't injured in the Raiders trial. Interesting that Koula is not a like for like replacement for Walker, but rather a cover for backline injuries. Wonder if he'll get much game time?
Maybe cover for Morgan harper, hasn't been seen at trials and maybe be short of fitness. Maybe being told to show us something or we will give the young gun a go. A challenge!

Remy

shuu
Very ecstatic about this team list. Haumole being there is super. And well deserved for Sipley with the starting spot man, he's on a mission this year and I can't wait for him to kill it. Tolu at 14 is exciting but will most likely have like a 10 minute cameo.

Looking at the penny side, cleary out is fab for us. I'm very happy they named staines at wing, pretty bog defender, and on our preferred left side, I expect us to coast in for some tries there. Also Eisenhuth on the bench is a dud. They look quite vulnerable my friends, I know it's been 8 long years since a round 1 win, but we can break the streak on Thursday in fashionable style. Get ready Manly fans !!!!!!!!

Team P W L PD Pts
13 10 3 97 24
14 10 4 118 22
14 10 4 78 22
13 8 5 66 20
14 8 6 143 18
13 7 6 81 18
13 7 6 -55 18
14 7 6 42 17
14 7 7 37 16
15 8 7 -8 16
14 7 7 -50 16