Pre-Game Penrith v Manly [Round 1, 2022]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

28 6
BlueBet Stadium
10 Mar 2022 08:05 PM

Team Lists

ALinda

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I'm very happy to see the team list. After a horrendous day, torrential rain, bailing out water for hours, etc this has made my day!

Haumole and Marty in unexpectedly, Sipley starting, Koula at 14, it's all looking good (though would've been stronger with Walker in).

Living not far from Narrabeen HQ, I'd say it's flooded out. The team would be having plenty of wet weather training at Brookie this week and should be use to it by now.

Really looking forward to Thursday night!

ALinda

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Got to say in Jake interview he doesn't seem confident they are going to win. Philosophical and realistic based on the past I guess. I think they can.
I think Jake's keeping his emotions in check. He use to take losses so badly that imo he's learning not to let his emotions get the better of him. Feels confident but plays it down and not get too excited, so then he's not as devastated with a loss.

Eagle 1

First Grader
No,I can’t imagine it.A 19 year on debut thats predominately a Fullback or Centre,playing in the middle against the reigning premiers forward pack and having to make a ton of tackles.I’m not a fan of Walker playing in the middle either but at least he has a seasoned body,injury prone as it is.If he does stay on the bench,knowing Des,he’ll be lucky to see 5-10 minutes,if any time at all,unless there’s an injury
At this stage of his career not yet, he'd be rag dolled by the Penrith fwds anyway...later !!

Marto1970

Reserve Grader
Koula stepped up for the hard runs in the trials and his defence was very good wouldn't surprise me to see him in the middle roaming around

manly al

First Grader
Oloka - atu is a big in , Lawton would never let the side down but impact wise , no comparison as Panthers still have a fairly formidable pack . Lawton can cover the half "s as well . Can only see Koula being used as an outside back - full back option , probably only Weekes and Tippytoes as other bench options and deserving for Koula after his solid trial form . Must be in it with some sort of a chance , players looked very committed and willing in the two trials , Just have to maintain the intensity and good completion rates for the full 80 , talent and ability is certainly there .

Nordburg

First Grader
Or maybe one of our backs is out injured, and selecting Koula on the bench is Des's ploy for him to debut in the NRL without excessive media attention?
Think he’s already had excessive media attention prior to yesterday’s selection.It’s not the 80’s and 90’s anymore and players today can’t be hidden and many don’t want to be,given their social media output

Eagle 1

First Grader
All I can say is, the chance of us running out 1-17 as named is extremely unlikely knowing Des.
No doubting Des's ability to bamboozle and play mind games on the opposition on the eve of a game. He really is an evil mad scientist of a coach. Maybe that's why we love him so much..lol.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
11 8 3 75 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
11 6 5 -9 14
10 6 4 -10 14
12 6 5 36 13
11 6 5 107 12