Pre-Game Penrith v Manly [Round 1, 2022]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

28 6
BlueBet Stadium
10 Mar 2022 08:05 PM

Team Lists

How awesome to be in the season opener!

It will be a soggy pitch and a likely scrappy game as a result I think - and looking at the Panther's Forwards....wow. Manly haven't won round 1 for years, and this will be one of the hardest in recent years.

On our side, interesting move to have Keppie/Tent start from the bench. Lawton is our 14-equivalent I am guessing and Koula...well something is brewing there. Late change I guess, else Des is just looking to use him in a very limited way.

Panthers have the obvious omission of Cleary, but their backline is stacked regardless - with the exception of their new young Centre. Directing some traffic his way seems inevitable.

If its a wet soggy track, its a game around Forwards, Posession, Ball security and field position. Bashing them up the middle over throwing it wide. I think that helps the Panthers team more than us. If it is drier and not as heavy underfoot, then we have the pace to put points on.

Should be a great start to the season!

f its a wet soggy track, its a game around Forwards, Posession, Ball security and field position. Bashing them up the middle over throwing it wide. I think that helps the Panthers team more than us. If it is drier and not as heavy underfoot, then we have the pace to put points on.

Should be a great start to the season!
I expect the ground to be OK, it won't be a lake or a mudheap.
Kicking game will be key and the loss of Cleary is massive in that area, so my hopes are high.
Looking forward to seeing Koula unleashed from the bench, could be a matchwinner.

From the SMH "experts":

Penrith Panthers v Manly Sea Eagles, BlueBet Stadium, Thursday 8.05pm

The loss of Penrith pin-up Nathan Cleary was enough to convince the bookies to install Manly as the new favourites. The Sea Eagles have not won in round one since 2013, but coach Des Hasler is desperate to change all that by rolling out all his big guns, including Tom Trbojevic, in the first two trials. Penrith have some of their own star cavalry, including Isaah Yeo, yet to trial at all. They might be a gallop short. Manly by 4 in front of a heaving Panthers crowd. Christian Nicolussi

Seems to me with Jake and Des interviews, the result doesn't seem that important, but the process is. Am I reading that right, or no? Not sure you'd get that mentality out of someone like Craig Bellamy?

I expect the ground to be OK, it won't be a lake or a mudheap.
Kicking game will be key and the loss of Cleary is massive in that area, so my hopes are high.
Looking forward to seeing Koula unleashed from the bench, could be a matchwinner.
Apparently Penrith Stadium has the best drainage system out of all the grounds.

Seems to me with Jake and Des interviews, the result doesn't seem that important, but the process is. Am I reading that right, or no? Not sure you'd get that mentality out of someone like Craig Bellamy?
That has always been Des's mantra, "it's all about the process". Because if you don't master the process you aren't likely to win.
However don't worry he still wants to win!

So only Alioi, Shuster and Walker are the main outs, our depth is looking impressive. In seasons past these sort of outs would have us in a gloom and dome head space but not these days.
Did you read some of the doom and gloom on here over past week? Fear not the bad juju is alive and well and living healthily within some on here.

Just a teensy bit concered with our bench. Brought it up last year before the finals started that I feel like carrying two utilities is a real risk against the top sides. We gotta match them in size so we don't lose that forwards battle. Especially if Des does what he normally does and doesn't feature Koula for too long. Can't have a one-man disadvantage against the defending premiers.

Just a teensy bit concered with our bench. Brought it up last year before the finals started that I feel like carrying two utilities is a real risk against the top sides. We gotta match them in size so we don't lose that forwards battle. Especially if Des does what he normally does and doesn't feature Koula for too long. Can't have a one-man disadvantage against the defending premiers.
Boyle has remained in the squad after the latest cull so it wouldn’t surprise me if he comes onto the bench.Boyle seems to be a Des favourite,not sure why though

Staff online

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10