Perspective

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The bit I don't get about Zorba the leak is much of the stuff being spread is detrimental to the Penns. Zorba wouldn't be that stupid would he?

Some of us are dismayed by the decision and others about the process. My argument is that this is not much different to what happens behind closed doors in footy clubs. The problem is that it is being played in the media!!!

The leaks seems aimed at disrupting the side thus justifying the descision made before round 1 to punt Tooves who did not go in to bat for Zorba when he got the punt first time around. Everyone can see this even the anti Penn side so why would they help it?

I said as much last year, what Penn needed to do was offer a sacrificial lamb to the " other side", that being ZtH.

Even though they would have replaced him with somebody who would just vote the same way , the decision would have made a bold statement " we may hold the reins but we come in peace ".

They didn't , the leaks continue, the bad feelings from the " old school" remain and now their reputation has been perhaps irrevocably tarnished.

I don't share any outrage at all over Toovey getting sacked. There are two certainties in life for a coach:
Certainty 1: Eventually you're gonna die
Certainty 2: Eventually you're gonna get sacked.
And you can't necessarily predict when "eventually" will arrive for either certainty.

The Penns can, and should, appoint/sack who they want. They own the joint. And what a windfall for 2V if he's sacked! Lottery winning levels of money coming out of his ears for doing nothing. I just hope the Penns are taking the right advice from the right people before making replacement decisions.

As a fan I can accept failures. Everyone fails at times. However, as a fan, what I do expect - and what has been lacking - is utter professionalism.

It is highly unprofessional to leak stories which damage anyone associated with the club. It is highly unprofessional to see damaging leaks and not take strong action to fix it - to totally eradicate it.

It is highly unprofessional to not communicate effectively with your fan base. eg How can we have other clubs repeatedly announce OUR signings, players announce they've signed with us, and zilch in communication from the club?

That all these damaging stories have continually flown around without any denial or clarification from the hierarchy speaks volumes. We saw what happens (with Lyon) when a story starts circulating that they don't want circulating.

The Penns will regain my support when they start acting uncompromisingly professionally, and expecting - demanding - EVERYONE associated with the club to do the same.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4