Perspective..

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
As much as I like Parker & Harper & Croker they’re hindering our momentum right now & lacking confidence. It’s not happening! I’d like to see Walker & Koula given a shot as our Center pairing. Aloiai & Keppie to start, Olakau’atu & Schuster as back row, Jake at lock, Lawton as hooker. Bench…..Marty, Paseka, Davey, Bullemore

Tom
Saab
Koula
Walker
Garrick
Foz
DCE
Aloiai
Lawton
Keppie
Olakau’atu
Schuster
Jake
Res: Marty, Paseka, Davey, Bullemore
Standby: Sipley, Parker, Harper, Croker

Who do you have us beating or bettering right now? There isn't a team we'd beat at present. In fact, apart from SG Ball, our club hasn't won one game in any other grade.

Put it this way, with the opening of the new stand and our first game at home, I’d be beyond disappointed if we didn’t beat the bulldogs.

Clearly with the change in rules in 2022, we struggle to play the same style we did in 2021 and we need to adapt to that. Id like to think that won’t take all season.

Do you truly think that come the last round of the season this team will be sitting 14-16th?

Disagree. This is peoples hobby and passion. They live and breathe this team. They ride highs, they ride lows. They celebrate when we are winning. They lament when we are losing. That's human nature. They will then use a platform like this to express those highs and low's (which, mind you, is what this is designed for all along).

Right now, the team is in a very rough spot (leaking 27 points on average per game against) in our last 5, getting flogging after flogging, yet not learning, adapting, changing, improving week-to-week. It's just the same system, same style, same mistakes, and the results aren't changing.

Who WOULDN'T be disappointed, frustrated, angry, upset. You know, with some people (me included), a win or loss sets up the vibe for an entire week ! hahaha.

This is a perfect place to come, to vent, potentially get some "empathy". Like minded people, sharing the same frustrations / disappointments. Some who may think otherwise (like yourself). But to tell them to get a life because they support differently to you....that's a little much, come on now.

Secondly, they are here, discussing the team, with fellow fans, so they ARE supporting the team, like right now, at a very low point. The people you need to be worried about are the fans not so ironed on, who will lose interest at the continued poor performances. The one's who won't dip into their pockets year on year. The one's who won't turn up to games. Not the ladies and gentlemen here, who are distraught about our woeful performance.
We kind of agree Ryan. I just think a line needs to be drawn.
I wasn't so much suggesting people get a life as much as they need to deal with real emotions in real life. I don't think it's healthy for the success or failure of a football team to dominate the world of someone's life. When that happens, people are at the mercy of a football team for their own happiness. That's very unhealthy when you think about all the variables that can be responsible for the success or failure of a team, everything from governing body and media agendas to the ability to attract the right coaching and playing staff.
Add to that the players are human too, which would mean there'd be the odd one who can't not look at social media and see all the names they're being called just for attempting to do (literally) their job.
I understand game day emotion - I was apoplectic - but that's part of the package we sign up for, the emotion of it all. But I do feel the continued ranting by some well into the next day and probably the week, is less than healthy for all concerned.
That said, I hope your vibe improves in the not too distant future!

The sweeping backline plays from last year are the highlights reel. The team seems to have forgotten that those plays worked so well only on the back of a lot of hard work up the middle. Often we blitzed teams in the last 20 min of each half, only because of the tough stuff in the first periods.

There was a lot of hard inside running to compress the defence before going wide.

This year we seem to be employing the sweep play with Jake as link man on the first few sets of 6 in bad field position.

Jake is not effective when the defence knows he will definitely pass out the back. He needs to run hard early and get the defence interested. Right now they know what is coming and comfortably number up and get in the faces of our attackers.

Why can we all see this and the team seemingly can’t?
Interestingly, Gordon Tallis (of all people) made it really clear last night. He talked about the pride he and all the other forwards would take in running straight and hard. How they'd just keep doing it until Lockyer or Kevvie or I can't remember who else would call for the ball when they could see an opportunity and they'd happily give it to them having laid the platform.
It was such a concise explanation of what is wrong with the way Manly are playing. The forward part should be the easy fix, but who sees the opportunities?

Put it this way, with the opening of the new stand and our first game at home, I’d be beyond disappointed if we didn’t beat the bulldogs.

Clearly with the change in rules in 2022, we struggle to play the same style we did in 2021 and we need to adapt to that. Id like to think that won’t take all season.

Do you truly think that come the last round of the season this team will be sitting 14-16th?

I do mate, sorry. Wish I didn't, and if I said I didn't, you'd see straight through me tbh.

I do mate, sorry. Wish I didn't, and if I said I didn't, you'd see straight through me tbh.
Respect your opinion but man that’s is so depressing. I suppose you are setting yourself up not to be too disappointed. If this is your bar you certainly will be pleasantly surprised when things pick up.

Respect your opinion but man that’s is so depressing. I suppose you are setting yourself up not to be too disappointed. If this is your bar you certainly will be pleasantly surprised when things pick up.
Completely agree mate. This side won’t be in a battle for the wooden spoon come the end of the season.

Absolutely disappointing initial two rounds but that’ll turn at some point soon.

We’ve got Bulldogs, Raiders, Knights and Titans over the next few rounds. I’d like to think we’ll come out of those a bit more positive.

Disagree. This is peoples hobby and passion. They live and breathe this team. They ride highs, they ride lows. They celebrate when we are winning. They lament when we are losing. That's human nature. They will then use a platform like this to express those highs and low's (which, mind you, is what this is designed for all along).

Right now, the team is in a very rough spot (leaking 27 points on average per game against) in our last 5, getting flogging after flogging, yet not learning, adapting, changing, improving week-to-week. It's just the same system, same style, same mistakes, and the results aren't changing.

Who WOULDN'T be disappointed, frustrated, angry, upset. You know, with some people (me included), a win or loss sets up the vibe for an entire week ! hahaha.

This is a perfect place to come, to vent, potentially get some "empathy". Like minded people, sharing the same frustrations / disappointments. Some who may think otherwise (like yourself). But to tell them to get a life because they support differently to you....that's a little much, come on now.

Secondly, they are here, discussing the team, with fellow fans, so they ARE supporting the team, like right now, at a very low point. The people you need to be worried about are the fans not so ironed on, who will lose interest at the continued poor performances. The one's who won't dip into their pockets year on year. The one's who won't turn up to games. Not the ladies and gentlemen here, who are distraught about our woeful performance.
I don't understand you, normally I just skip over your posts.
You go on about passion and dissapointment and the right to express that, and fair call, you do.
But I have never come accross a supporter of any team in any sport who takes as much delight in betting against their own team as you do.
Sure I know punters who bet with their head and not their heart, smart to do so, but you just take it next level, you take great enjoyment out of it, brag about it, revel in it.
Dare say, it's almost like you want us to lose all the time so you can brag about it.
Weird.

Taking the emotion :mad: out for a moment,it's quite an interesting phenomenon.

Manly has good players, including in the forwards. A meticulous and successful coach.
In the off-season the mood in the squad was presumably fairly buoyant and the training hard and focussed, given the strong form last year and the highest of expectations this year. It isn't lack of determination judging by outscoring the Chooks in the second half.

Yet twice performed below expectation. Yesterday was actually worse than the Penrith game.

The only positive from the last 24 hours is these turned out well, my best batch so far. They are quite finicky little buggers :)

1647657939985.jpeg

Manly has good players, including in the forwards. A meticulous and successful coach.
In the off-season the mood in the squad was presumably fairly buoyant and the training hard and focussed, given the strong form last year and the highest of expectations this year. It isn't lack of determination judging by outscoring the Chooks in the second half.

Yet twice performed below expectation. Yesterday was actually worse than the Penrith game.

The only positive from the last 24 hours is these turned out well, my best batch so far. They are quite finicky little buggers :)

View attachment 20556

Why aren't those macaroons maroon coloured???

#traitorous

:p

yes indeed - he was our best agreed totally but not sure if he is fit enough. But again that says a lot that our best and yes he was good but our best was caught out at marker and in the slide defence a number of times. Sort of says how badly we are going that he was indeed our best but if you assess his whole game he was far from perfect. He was good - Walker was good - Davey was.. well Davey all heart and effort - Paseka was absolutely a beast despite the errors and also the fact that he goes into lamb instead of beast mode way to often but his carries were damaging - Keppie's front on defence was brutal.. lateral defence as usual terrible and Jake was well Jake.. again all heart. The rest you wouldn't give a cup of cold water for.
Thought the same thing about Paseka also, he cops a fair bit on here, not sure why. It was a wet and greasy night, so can be forgiven for those two dropped balls. Pasekas now charging into the line at full bore, and sometimes offers up a nice off load after contact. first forward picked for mine.

You go on about passion and dissapointment and the right to express that, and fair call, you do.
But I have never come accross a supporter of any team in any sport who takes as much delight in betting against their own team as you do.
Sure I know punters who bet with their head and not their heart, smart to do so, but you just take it next level, you take great enjoyment out of it, brag about it, revel in it.
Dare say, it's almost like you want us to lose all the time so you can brag about it.
Weird.
100% agree. I have no problem with it as we are all supporters and all have the right to our opinions. Indeed that’s why forums such as this exist. But yes I find these posts curious to say the least.

Weird.
Who are you ? At least I get a skip, but honestly I've never seen your username before?

View attachment 20556
Nice!

Our forward pack is being completely dominated and I think the rot is starting at hooker. As long as Croker is our 9 we either need to change the way we play or we won't beat these top teams.

Who are you ? At least I get a skip, but honestly I've never seen your username before?
I'm not surprise, it must be very confusing being you.
I can't even think how it would be watching Manly play for you.

Having money on the opposition, cheering their every point earning you $$ then having a crack at "your team" for being such a dissapointment to you, and ****tin on the players and coach all the while hoping that was the case.

Then to top it all off, go on a Manly supporter forum and Bragg about it.
Top notch !

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8