Peta Hiku - 2013 Content Thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Yes disappointed with a few drop balls and a lose carry - but the way he went looking to attack and win the game with his last touch and the penultimate touch of the game - that is not something you can train, that is instinct, I want players in the team who want to win. He shows promise

excellent game from Peta considering the pressure. He is still a juniour. They all have to start from somewhere. Solid

Chip and Chase said:
I like his confidence and his willingness to back himself. Good stuff again tonight.
Exactly. He doesn't hang back, he wants to be in there getting involved.

Yeah further credit to the kid from me.

He has played consecutive tough games and has delivered for a rookie.

No problems with Hiku. Dud call let him down a bit, but still a strong game.

Great first half by Peta, but got the commentators curse and made a few errors in the 2nd half. Overall I thought he went ok. I'm just glad he got to play in probably the game of the year intensity wise. I think though he had a rough 2nd half, it will only help his
progression as a player because he now understands the level you need to play at. You need to pick yourself up when you make mistakes and continue to play and take it play by play. Not his best game so far but considering the magnitude of this game I'm glad he got to play a part in it. On a positive note I was pleased with his defense which was a big improvement from last week. I also think he is feeling a bit more confident in running the football now bar the lost ball in the 2nd half. He obviously has work to do still but I feel he has shown there is some talent and potential in him. Hope he can continue to improve and develop his game further. Good on ya Peta keep it up boy!!!

Manly coaching staff will look after Petas progress.

Love to see him in a few years playing with one or two Hopoatas in the backline.

getting better as one would expect from a bloke in just his third game.

Looked really tired towards the end but that extra fitness will come in time.

CAMBO said:
I thought for a second him and Wolfie were going to get us a miracle win

Yeah i got out of the chair hoping. Was there a chance for Wolfie to pass on the outside. Thought Killer was in the open

Loved how he listened to Snake and was directing the Team.

Great to see him improve each game :angel:

I was upset to read that he can't afford to bring hirs partner and child over till he secures a long term contract:(

Proud of Hiku tonight, he really stepped up to be counted & didn't drop his head when he made a few mistakes. Will go far :D

I thought the last play summed it up.He could have just kicked it out but he put wolf in a hole and gave us a chance at stealing the game.That shows the attitude you need in young players-confidently chasing victory to the death and not being content with the draw.

Well done Peta Hiku,I hope you are rewarded with an upgraded contract and we hang on to you long termmgot a feeling you,ll be playing first grade a lot more this year

Jax24 said:
... On a positive note I was pleased with his defense which was a big improvement from last week …
The ability of Snake to organise from the back has often been referred to as critical to our defence. It is a great sign that the team could defend so magnificently last night with the youngster in the role. Bodes very well for our future.

It doesn't bode very well for our other aspiring backline reserves. I reckon Hiku could probably cover an injury anywhere from 5/8 to fullback.

Did well last night considering circumstances. I distinctly remember brett having a few dropsies early in his career, he will only get better.

He has been a very astute purchase. I'm sure he was purchased with Brett Stewart's dodgy knees and hamstrings in mind.

A shot of confidence under the high ball and for the speeding grubber and he'll go far i reckon.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8