• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Terry Zarsoff

First Grader
I hear Zorba has ordered a Cone of Silence to protect these clandestine meetings from being overheard. Streets are in full production and have tipped off the Guinness Book of Records as it will be the world's largest waffle cone!

Zorba: Don't tell me I shat my pants.
Snake:You shat your pants, Zorb.
Zorba: I asked you not to tell me that!

It's a shame Zorba didn't use his media links for niceness instead of evil.

Last edited:

Nike

Reserve Grader
I don't get all the Walker hate? Nothing wrong with being a drug dumpster and sizzling your brain.

TagMonster

Reserve Grader
We just have to accept that we are in one of those non-Manly Manly eras. The ones where the playing ranks are seemingly dominated by players who made their names elsewhere, rather than being Manly juniors or unknown/largely unknown imports prior to joining. Providing another layer of un-Manlyness (sic) is the reality that the head coach and his two key assistants never played for Manly-Warringah.

The one constant in these un-Manly eras is that Fulton is generally in and around it somewhere. So is his substitute dad, Arko. Think 1980-83. In the pursuit of instant on-field gratification, nice guys like Matt Ballin are often dispensable. And the results of these un-Manly eras are mixed, like the early 1980s. Fulton and ZtH have torn down the house that Hasler (re)built and Toovey tried to maintain.

How is the current side un-Manly? Would you call the 2008 side a Manly side? We bought Jamie Lyon, Matt Orford, Steve Bell and Josh Perry for that side. I would call it aamly side though.

I agree the coaches being Non-Manly players is not typically the Manly way. However, we have bought Nate Myles, Marty Tapau and Api Koroisau (plus maybe Dylan Walker) for this years team. As I said in previous posts, we still have a significant number of Manly bred or developed players in the top 25.

For a number of years we have not bought any big name players. Teams generally will snag one marquee player each year. We are catching up this year because we have the cap space.

Honest question, would everyone rather we kept players on the backend of their careers and field a less competitive side or bring in talent so Manly can dominant once again?

I'll now await the ridicule and dummy spits for being "un-Manly"

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
If they wear Maroon & White they'll be Manly to me.

I'll never forget when that bloody pommie bastard Mal Reilly came to play for us, and guess how he turned out!!

Shoe1

Journey Man
There is certainly a manly "look" in my opinion. Type 1 are dark haired handsome Ian Martin, terry Randall, Phil Blake, Daniel Gartner and Michael oldfield and robbo. Type 2 is sandy haired eg gibbsy, bozo, tooves, glow-head. Type 3 is ornery headed eh Haggett, Nate Myles, broadhurst.

Non manly types are plain faces such as frew.

Shoe1

Journey Man
There is certainly a manly "look" in my opinion. Type 1 are dark haired handsome Ian Martin, terry Randall, Phil Blake, Daniel Gartner and Michael oldfield and robbo. Type 2 is sandy haired eg gibbsy, bozo, tooves, glow-head. Type 3 is ornery headed eg Haggett, Nate Myles, broadhurst.

Bearfax

Grizzly old fart
In Manly's first premiership title win only Ian Martin, Terry Randall and Fred Jones were Manly juniors. The rest came from all over the state and one from England. Even the coach was a Canterbury junior

• 📚
Reactions: Rex

double hoops

First Grader
There is certainly a manly "look" in my opinion. Type 1 are dark haired handsome Ian Martin, terry Randall, Phil Blake, Daniel Gartner and Michael oldfield and robbo. Type 2 is sandy haired eg gibbsy, bozo, tooves, glow-head. Type 3 is ornery headed eg Haggett, Nate Myles, broadhurst.

What about ranga's? If any club has a ranga we have a ranga.

southsideeagle

Reserve Grader
Premium Member
Every dedicated player we push out the door hurts. If Peta goes it will be hard. He can play the 4 positions in the back line but we have him on the wing. We have better players in front of him in the other 3. He is the 3rd best winger we have. TT brings speed to the backline that we need.

If he is let go there is something I am sure of, his worth to that club will be greater then it is at Manly. I hope and expect this would mean an increase in contract.

Ryan

Journey Man
Every dedicated player we push out the door hurts. If Peta goes it will be hard. He can play the 4 positions in the back line but we have him on the wing. We have better players in front of him in the other 3. He is the 3rd best winger we have. TT brings speed to the backline that we need.

If he is let go there is something I am sure of, his worth to that club will be greater then it is at Manly. I hope and expect this would mean an increase in contract.

I felt the same mate, but as much as it kills me (apart from Matt Ballin so far), we have replaced them with upgraded, younger (or more quality) players.

Sorry, I don't rate Matt Parcell (how much 1st grade has he played again, and what is his experience against what type of opposition?), and Api Koroisou who has never established himself as an 80 minute guy who could defend anywhere NEAR the quality of Matt Ballin.

If we lose Hiku, we've lost 17 players. If Buhrer or another goes, that would be 18-19, and they have been replaced by many less.

Loobs

Living in the demountable.

Speed and height. Don't discount having some tall timber out wide...

Alby

Reserve Grader
Triple M stating Hiku will most likely sign with Eels this weekend. Why wouldn't he take drag's offer and go for fullback?

pjayz

הנשרים ישרור בעוד שנתיים מיום הנשרים
Triple M stating Hiku will most likely sign with Eels this weekend. Why wouldn't he take drag's offer and go for fullback?
I agree, Parra is where careers go to die.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
11 9 2 82 20
11 8 3 112 18
11 8 3 75 18
11 7 4 65 16
12 7 5 135 14
12 7 5 57 14
11 6 5 -9 14
11 6 5 -38 14
12 6 5 36 13