• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Is it really a shock when a player leaves one club and then speaks about the advantages of being in another? Especially when it is pre season and content is at a premium....

• 🤝
Reactions: Rex
I recall Choc last pre season rubbishing Manly and talking up how good the training staff were at Parra and saying how last season was the first one he was heading into injury free - and that worked out really well. He's actually done it again this pre-season and is saying the same thing like it's his first season there. Is it Groundhog Day..?

Is it really a shock when a player leaves one club and then speaks about the advantages of being in another? Especially when it is pre season and content is at a premium....
Agreed.
Journos just revisit the stories they wrote 12 months earlier, which they had re-written from 12 months before. The gist is: XYZ player/team has never trained harder, never been fitter and faster, never been better placed to play finals football, and never looked forward to the season more...
It's all so predictable.

The last couple of years quite a few of our players looked to be carrying a bit extra around the middle and its been pointed out enough in these forums for it not to be that big a secret (and we all know that some at the club read these forums so they would know what the fans thought).

Guys like Peta, Gifty, Killer, Feleti, just to name a few. Hell, last year even Snake looked like he had a bit of a pot belly (though I will concede that looks can be deceiving, the skin tight jumpers they wear these days show a lot more than what they did even just 10 years ago. Back then it was only the bigger forwards who looked like their jumpers were tight). But from the pictures I've seen and from what I've been reading, the players are fitter now than they have been for a while which can only be a good thing.

But a diet of Maccas? How in hell didn't the club at least try to put a stop to it when they could see Peta was putting on a few kilos? Maybe that is part of why we have an almost entirely new coaching staff?

The last couple of years quite a few of our players looked to be carrying a bit extra around the middle and its been pointed out enough in these forums for it not to be that big a secret (and we all know that some at the club read these forums so they would know what the fans thought).

Guys like Peta, Gifty, Killer, Feleti, just to name a few. Hell, last year even Snake looked like he had a bit of a pot belly (though I will concede that looks can be deceiving, the skin tight jumpers they wear these days show a lot more than what they did even just 10 years ago. Back then it was only the bigger forwards who looked like their jumpers were tight). But from the pictures I've seen and from what I've been reading, the players are fitter now than they have been for a while which can only be a good thing.

But a diet of Maccas? How in hell didn't the club at least try to put a stop to it when they could see Peta was putting on a few kilos? Maybe that is part of why we have an almost entirely new coaching staff?

Must be embarrassing to hear but Peta still has a few kilo to get to last years (Manly's) playing weight.

• 📚
Reactions: Rex
Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4