• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Biting at everything is how they get that way!

Hey, I resemb.....er.....resent that :p

However, it must be said that there are more reasons than just being lazy (no exercise) and over eating that makes some people fat. Some of it is medical conditions that they can't avoid.

Lets put it this way, not everyone who is overweight is how they portray them at the start of each Biggest Loser season. Believe me most overweight people don't just sit on the lounge all day eating buckets of ice cream and scoffing down loads of fast food while watching television and hiding from the world. The way that show portrays the contestants before they go into the house is pretty extreme.

Last edited:
  • 👍
Reactions: Rex

However, it must be said that there are more reasons than just being lazy (no exercise) and over eating that makes some people fat. Some of it is medical conditions that they can't avoid.

Yeah for sure. There are some pretty alarming stats about obesity though. Like by 2020 85% of Aussie males will be obese. That more people in the world today are obese than malnourished. That's it's the #1 killer right now in the western world.

Lets put it this way, not everyone who is overweight is how they portray them at the start of each Biggest Loser season. Believe me most overweight people don't just sit on the lounge all day eating buckets of ice cream and scoffing down loads of fast food while watching television and hiding from the world. The way that show portrays the contestants before they go into the house is pretty extreme.
TBL is a disgrace on so many levels and that has nothing at all to do with the contestants. It's glorified fat shaming for profit.

No, from what I was told it was just that there was going to to be BIG changes, and getting him " onboard" with that.

The discussions on who was to go or stay came with TB in attendance.
It still leaves me confused as to why Matt Ballin would be considered 'trouble' and worth stating at that time. We had already purchased two new options at hooker (Api and Parcell) so the comment seems superflueous given the club had already given an obvious indication of its 2016 plans for the '9'. And even if he stayed and was forced into NSW Cup for the majority, would he have been the kind of bloke to whiteant Barrett or the club? Hardly.

It's another layer of disappointment in how ZtH operates, if he seriously thought of Ballin as an issue during the transition.

TBL is a disgrace on so many levels and that has nothing at all to do with the contestants. It's glorified fat shaming for profit.

Not exactly. One of my good mates was on the show and it completely changed his life around (and yes he has managed to keep the weight off and runs a successful PT business)

Not exactly. One of my good mates was on the show and it completely changed his life around (and yes he has managed to keep the weight off and runs a successful PT business)
PT business? Pie Throwing business?

Better than eating them I suppose unless he is throwing them to ZTC

Seriously what is your problem? You bring up the junkie thing when ever you can.
Sorry Stevo, was just a nickname related quip which obviously crossed a line with you and for that I apologise.
As for my other comments which clearly you've been watching closely, you may have misinterpreted them. I've had a hell of a lot to do with troubled young people and, usually when someone gets to a point of overdose there are issues for which pastoral care is a must. This is so rarely mentioned with this kid, it's all about speed (not the drug) and position. My posts have questioned the ability of ANY club who takes him, to look after his welfare. Upon reflection the junkie quip was probably eat another attempt to raise the fact that we're talking about a possibly troubled human being who fits very squarely into red flag world: Young. Admired sportsman. Free time galore. Lots of money. Initial serious incident.
So yes, junkie was unfair. Sorry.

It still leaves me confused as to why Matt Ballin would be considered 'trouble' and worth stating at that time. We had already purchased two new options at hooker (Api and Parcell) so the comment seems superflueous given the club had already given an obvious indication of its 2016 plans for the '9'. And even if he stayed and was forced into NSW Cup for the majority, would he have been the kind of bloke to whiteant Barrett or the club? Hardly.

It's another layer of disappointment in how ZtH operates, if he seriously thought of Ballin as an issue during the transition.

I'd only be guessing at the thought process but I guess with him being put into, at best, 3rd spot, and being part of the " old brigade" ZtH considered him " a potential trouble maker" ( the actual words used).

I agree it's an odd comment , but I'm guessing as his circumstances had changed they probably thought he might revolt, and being a senior player may have commanded some respect.

Remember the other comment as well " we need to get Skivvy onside with this as well", Matai wasn't under any pressure as there hadn't been another two centres signed to play in front of him so he may have been considered " easy" as such.

We just have to accept that we are in one of those non-Manly Manly eras. The ones where the playing ranks are seemingly dominated by players who made their names elsewhere, rather than being Manly juniors or unknown/largely unknown imports prior to joining. Providing another layer of un-Manlyness (sic) is the reality that the head coach and his two key assistants never played for Manly-Warringah.

The one constant in these un-Manly eras is that Fulton is generally in and around it somewhere. So is his substitute dad, Arko. Think 1980-83. In the pursuit of instant on-field gratification, nice guys like Matt Ballin are often dispensable. And the results of these un-Manly eras are mixed, like the early 1980s. Fulton and ZtH have torn down the house that Hasler (re)built and Toovey tried to maintain.

I hear Zorba has ordered a Cone of Silence to protect these clandestine meetings from being overheard. Streets are in full production and have tipped off the Guinness Book of Records as it will be the world's largest waffle cone!

Sorry Stevo, was just a nickname related quip which obviously crossed a line with you and for that I apologise.
As for my other comments which clearly you've been watching closely, you may have misinterpreted them. I've had a hell of a lot to do with troubled young people and, usually when someone gets to a point of overdose there are issues for which pastoral care is a must. This is so rarely mentioned with this kid, it's all about speed (not the drug) and position. My posts have questioned the ability of ANY club who takes him, to look after his welfare. Upon reflection the junkie quip was probably eat another attempt to raise the fact that we're talking about a possibly troubled human being who fits very squarely into red flag world: Young. Admired sportsman. Free time galore. Lots of money. Initial serious incident.
So yes, junkie was unfair. Sorry.

Thanks for the clarification. No problems here. Just sounded as if you were driving an anti Dylan Walker agenda. I think it's worth noting that no other substances were used and drugs were all prescribed by doctors.

I think the biggest question that needs answering is why 2 seperate GP's were willing to hand out strong pain medication to two different players that had obviously just undergone surgery without any consultation with the surgeon.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
11 7 4 59 14
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12