Petition to Stephen Humphreys

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Thanks for

Thanks for the introduction to this site. Looking at the petitions there were some heartbreaking and truely compelling petitions some in which I will sign up for. Whilst I would love to see my footy team in the winner’s circle again this is a petition I can not sign especially when compared to genuine causes of human need. Come on! this is just footy. In saying this I think we have ample opportunity on this site and social media in general to convey our views and if that’s means giving to Dessie so be it! ! But seriously a petition when compared to some other areas of genuine need feels too self indulgent for me.
I hear you but it’s just a platform to be heard, not sure where else I could do something similar

I hear you but it’s just a platform to be heard, not sure where else I could do something similar
Sure, what about this forum? I am sure there a plenty of silvertails that would sign their name next to a group letter. ( I am not one of them personally) what about other offical club members? i am sure you will find solidarity there as well.

Thanks for

Thanks for the introduction to this site. Looking at the petitions there were some heartbreaking and truely compelling petitions some in which I will sign up for. Whilst I would love to see my footy team in the winner’s circle again this is a petition I can not sign especially when compared to genuine causes of human need. Come on! this is just footy. In saying this I think we have ample opportunity on this site and social media in general to convey our views and if that’s means giving to Dessie so be it! ! But seriously a petition when compared to some other areas of genuine need feels too self indulgent for me.
Completely outside of football, how on earth did we become such an 'either or' society? It happens in so many areas. In this case surely you could sign petitions all day every day? Signing one does not preclude others.
Rant over.

Completely outside of football, how on earth did we become such an 'either or' society? It happens in so many areas. In this case surely you could sign petitions all day every day? Signing one does not preclude others.
Rant over.
You are right I guess. I suppose it is what becomes more relevant and meaningful to the individual. I personally think collectively we should place more energy into improving our world and how we experience it. Say like helping people in genuine need vs something that is no longer giving one the same level of entertainment enjoyment it once did. ( my footy team keeps losing) I am not sure in this case i see this as an either or society type choice. As a society I think we are slowly becoming more self focused (selfish) but hey nothing wrong with letting your feelings rip on a site like this. As it is about entertainment the other site initially referred too is not IMO.

Hi all

I've started an online petition to Stephen Humphreys in the hope that we start getting some accountability for the sorry state the club is in. I know it's unlikely to actually make an impact but I thought it's better to give it a go than to do nothing and complain here.

Here's the link: Sign the Petition
Great idea

The on,y way to send a message is to not go to the next HOME GAME
PRETTY SIMPLE
That will be me. Not parting with anymore dollars to see this mob at present. Our owners are accountable, yet we hear nothing from them. They have run the joint to the ground.

Humphreys doesn't select or coach the side. He just presided over an extension to Des's current contract, so that may be some indication about how concerned they are with the current situation

What answers do you think he is going to be able to give you exactly ?

We have a core group of players that should be putting in better performances than they are. We have some crucial injuries. The board have no control over that.

That will be me. Not parting with anymore dollars to see this mob at present. Our owners are accountable, yet we hear nothing from them. They have run the joint to the ground.

I've already given them $75. And that will be where the philanthropy will end as long as they continue to toss up the rubbish they tossed up last night.

If Brookie is all but empty on Thursday, I'm sure they'll get the message.

All they understand is their bottom line. And if they collect next to nothing from ticket sales, they might finally start paying attention to Joe Lunchbucket.

Humphreys doesn't select or coach the side. He just presided over an extension to Des's current contract, so that may be some indication about how concerned they are with the current situation

What answers do you think he is going to be able to give you exactly ?

We have a core group of players that should be putting in better performances than they are. We have some crucial injuries. The board have no control over that.
Not so much about the current roster for me; it's about having a workable plan for making the club competitive again. Do we have a suitor/s prepared to purchase the club? Are we adequately funding recruitment? What is our plan to retain the youngsters in our junior rep teams? Do we have access to hidden talent in the Pacifica?
Why did the club cease its relationship with Christchurch? Why was the club confident in extending the contract to DESpicable given the disastrous performances of late?
And if we ever gained access to DESpicable I would definitely question him about selections.

Not so much about the current roster for me; it's about having a workable plan for making the club competitive again. Do we have a suitor/s prepared to purchase the club? Are we adequately funding recruitment? What is our plan to retain the youngsters in our junior rep teams? Do we have access to hidden talent in the Pacifica?
Why did the club cease its relationship with Christchurch? Why was the club confident in extending the contract to DESpicable given the disastrous performances of late?
And if we ever gained access to DESpicable I would definitely question him about selections.
All good questions, but little to do with current on field performances which seems to be the cause of all the angst and demands for answers.

As for selling the club - are you assuming Penn wants out ? Personally I'd be happy if they did, but their last valuation of the club seemed a bit OTT and not likely to get too many suitors. Have they made any noises about selling ??

As for funding recruitment - the bulk of the salary cap is funded by NRL grant. Our TPA's could do with some work, but I'm guessing the majority of our allowance there is tied up with our highly paid stars.

Nothing breeds success like success. On field performances makes all that off field stuff so much easier. Our squad is handicapped by having too much money tied up in underperforming or injured players. If Humphreys wants to divulge how he is going to solve that issue I'm all ears because we have painted ourselves into a corner there it seems. Bit like the old back ended deals during Dessie's last tenure

What is our short and long term vision?
How are going to achieve it?
Where does the club see the state of the game? And our place in it.
How are we building for 2022 and what players are going to be part of it and why are those players going to be successful?

I think Penn is waiting for an onfield turnaround (whenever that might happen) and the CoE’s completion before he would consider selling.

They’re not going to make a profit but he needs to minimise losses. Mind you, looks like this year will see a lot of red on the balance sheet. So sell up now!;)

I think his mum and dad want out. Junior however still wants in.

What is our short and long term vision?
How are going to achieve it?
Where does the club see the state of the game? And our place in it.
How are we building for 2022 and what players are going to be part of it and why are those players going to be successful?

Ask the 11 people who don't give a **** about change I guess. They are why the club can rest on their laurels (just my opinion) - see my march on Narrabeen thread.

Thankfully most DO have enough passion to do something about it

If you aint got the cattle you aint gonna win..
Put this down to Bozo & Barrett.
Moving forward we need a cleanout.

Now Hasler's selections whilst fkn annoying are probably picking on paper the best side we have. Now we'd all like to see some youngsters being brought through but we'd be baying for blood if we get double digit scores put on us with the young guys getting smashed.

No win situation. We're going to be crap for a few seasons till we can clean out the deadwood & pay people what they are worth instead of bloated salaries for underperforming "superstars".

I'm now in the camp of bring the young ones through & cop the hammerings for a couple of seasons.

If you aint got the cattle you aint gonna win..
Put this down to Bozo & Barrett.
Moving forward we need a cleanout.

Now Hasler's selections whilst fkn annoying are probably picking on paper the best side we have. Now we'd all like to see some youngsters being brought through but we'd be baying for blood if we get double digit scores put on us with the young guys getting smashed.

No win situation. We're going to be crap for a few seasons till we can clean out the deadwood & pay people what they are worth instead of bloated salaries for underperforming "superstars".

I'm now in the camp of bring the young ones through & cop the hammerings for a couple of seasons.

Completely disagree. Hate the old, I'm not getting involved, I'm not making effort to demand change mentality.

Can I point you to Melbourne , who's lost players like Johnson, King, Inglis, Cronk, Slater, Smith etc etc etc and keep competing. Same as The Roosters. Same as The Bunnies these days.

Just because SOME teams (who have awful off field management) rely on this magical "cap" era of ups and downs theory winning cycle, doesn't mean it is what it is. Some refuse that cycle (Storm). Before you say, they aren't cheating now (I think).

To say we have to be bad, to be good, is a point beyond my reasoning.

Completely disagree. Hate the old, I'm not getting involved, I'm not making effort to demand change mentality.

Can I point you to Melbourne , who's lost players like Johnson, King, Inglis, Cronk, Slater, Smith etc etc etc and keep competing. Same as The Roosters. Same as The Bunnies these days.

Just because SOME teams (who have awful off field management) rely on this magical "cap" era of ups and downs theory winning cycle, doesn't mean it is what it is. Some refuse that cycle (Storm). Before you say, they aren't cheating now (I think).

To say we have to be bad, to be good, is a point beyond my reasoning.
Bellyache has been recruiting there for years & has a succession plan. Completely different scenario.

Last edited:
Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
11 7 4 59 14
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11