Petition to Stephen Humphreys

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Regardless of your opinions I think the collective issue we have is WE CAN ALL SEE THE GAME HAS CHANGED AND MANLY HAS NOT.
Watching other teams adapt and play smarter while we flounder is the annoying part.
Wether the reasons are Des, the players, recruitment or Penn is what we debate.
FFS pick the best 17 to suit the Comp you are playing in.
I'd just like to have a 17 that wants to play, willing to play, have a commitment to play, and cares for the logo they wear on their jumper rather than the $'s their contracts bring.

I will support the club as I've always done , I've supported this club for over 50 years and seen the highs and the lows , I've seen this club nearly lose it's identity . I've enjoyed the wins not so the losses . To sign a petition that states
" As fans, we have collectively agreed to boycott any further memberships until someone is held accountable and there is real change that sees this once great club back on the rise."
That is not me they are not my thoughts
The club has made some decisions that I might not be happy with . The coach has made choices that I don't understand , I don't know the inner workings of this club .
I get to a game or watch on tv win or lose I move onto next week to cheer again . The club / team is in a rut ,a good season followed by a poor season then now a bad start , Still time to turn it around and have a good season , Is the club on a downward spiral for such drastic outcry 3 rounds into the comp , Is the club in financial trouble that can be confirmed , there are improvements going on at the ground there are juniors that have signed and not leaving.
I get the frustration but to threaten club memberships to damage the club is not what I stand for
If you have a grievance with the way it's run , Personally write directly to club put your name and membership # to it , March with Ryan put a face to what you want , faceless petitions, I don't see the point
These are my thoughts

I will support the club as I've always done , I've supported this club for over 50 years and seen the highs and the lows , I've seen this club nearly lose it's identity . I've enjoyed the wins not so the losses . To sign a petition that states
" As fans, we have collectively agreed to boycott any further memberships until someone is held accountable and there is real change that sees this once great club back on the rise."
The club has made some decisions that I might not be happy with . The coach has made choices that I don't understand , I don't know the inner workings of this club .
I get to a game or watch on tv win or lose I move onto next week to cheer again . The club / team is in a rut ,a good season followed by a poor season then now a bad start , Still time to turn it around and have a good season , Is the club on a downward spiral for such drastic outcry 3 rounds into the comp , Is the club in financial trouble that can be confirmed , there are improvements going on at the ground there are juniors that have signed and not leaving.
I get the frustration but to threaten club memberships to damage the club is not what I stand for
If you have a grievance with the way it's run , Personally write directly to club put your name and membership # to it , March with Ryan put a face to what you want , faceless petitions, I don't see the point
These are my thoughts
no worries mate, no need to sign

These are my thoughts
Well said Fibro. I couldn’t have put it any better!

This petition is just so embarrassing. We would be cacking ourselves if Eels supporters did something like this in their many spoon years. We are not fair weather supporters. And no, being passionate does not mean you create a culture among supporters to derail our club.

I have written to the club 3 times with my membership number. No response.
They refuse to respond on social media and the questions raised by fans there.
The leadership and coach refuse to give any real answers being content to issue BS press.

They club are clearly demonstrating they simply don't care what the fans think.

The club needs derailing before it crashes out into oblivion.

I have written to the club 3 times with my membership number. No response.
They refuse to respond on social media and the questions raised by fans there.
The leadership and coach refuse to give any real answers being content to issue BS press.

They club are clearly demonstrating they simply don't care what the fans think.

The club needs derailing before it crashes out into oblivion.

It's called accountability mate. They don't have to reply, because there's no repercussion if they don't.

Same as the performances by the coach, and the players on the field. They can continue to lay duck eggs, without reprisal.

The media are intimidated by Des Hasler, and now there is a core of fans buying the lip service, celebrating mediocrity and the adage, do nothing, that'll work, eventually. Sad on so many levels.

Top to bottom, this club has forgotten it's a spectator sport and entertainment. Goodwill (the fans) are paramount to success. The club's currently losing fans, and they don't care.

Not everyone is die hard like us.

I love the passion of the petition and I just think that those who don’t want to sign should leave it at that rather than being embarrassed by such passion.
My problem is the lack of passion of the other side - above the CEO.
I cannot understand for the life of me how you can actually own a club you supposedly love and not be actively addressing the serious issues of your loser club. Worse, they re-sign the coach with zero pressure from any outside interests to do so.
Uncle Nick acts swiftly. Russell Crowe acts swiftly. The Family Penn offer extensions to the loser coach. That being the ‘results driven business’ family.
There is no part of me that understands this. No part.
The only thing I do understand is passionate fans wanting their voices heard. Wanting someone in charge to actually notice that this is not Manly.

People have short memories.
Things will turn around ,they always do.
We are not getting no spoon.
We are not the Eels or the rabbits.
We are Manly ,don't forget that.

Very @BOZO esque.
We proudly celebrate our 75th anniversary of Greatness
Because of the Never say die Great Manly people like you feathered friend @robbie

I cannot understand for the life of me how you can actually own a club you supposedly love and not be actively addressing the serious issues of your loser club. Worse, they re-sign the coach with zero pressure from any outside interests to do so.
Uncle Nick acts swiftly. Russell Crowe acts swiftly. The Family Penn offer extensions to the loser coach. That being the ‘results driven business’ family.
There is no part of me that understands this. No part
What? You like that Uncle Nick acts swiftly, Russell Crowe acts swiftly. But you don't want Manly to act swiftly?
As to an explanation for that which you consider inexplicable - namely the action Manly performed swiftly, extending the coach - I assumed it was to provide stability and certainty while we are going through a painful process.
I guess the club hasn't been reading all those Silvertails posts which conclusively prove the coach is the problem!

As fans we have to accept losses, and lean periods . As customers you can vote with your wallets .

We can send emails letting the club know its in a sorry state but im sure they know that. Its footy , and players need confidence so public bloodletting by the clubs has never proved to be great tactic. In fact MANLY and its culture is very in house. What are we expecting from the club

Contracts and injuries to key players has smashed this team/ results and the club.
New blood is required and if rumours are correct the club is actively looking for the types of players we need with some tougness and resillience and are actively looking at letting some dead wood go

Chezs contract and toms hammies are vital pieces to the puzzle. All the rest seem to be able to be rectified

Im not into blooding 15 juniors just yet and while i would like to drop or rotate chez if they are trying to find a suitor it will be harder from reggies . Im more open to the short term pain if thats the case.

I applaud your right and passion to petition as i love people power, but im still on the fence at this stage
Hi James,
Can you let us know who we are chasing, and who is off contract at the years end?
I feel for Des as he inherited some average players. I believe we can turn it around, but I would also like something to look forward too.
Thanks.

Hi James,
Can you let us know who we are chasing, and who is off contract at the years end?
I feel for Des as he inherited some average players. I believe we can turn it around, but I would also like something to look forward too.
Thanks.
There was some media speculation we were interested in Nathan Brown or Matterson or Jaydn Sua. Hardly a shock, we urgently need some oomph in our back row,
As to current contracts, try this:

What? You like that Uncle Nick acts swiftly, Russell Crowe acts swiftly. But you don't want Manly to act swiftly?
As to an explanation for that which you consider inexplicable - namely the action Manly performed swiftly, extending the coach - I assumed it was to provide stability and certainty while we are going through a painful process.
I guess the club hasn't been reading all those Silvertails posts which conclusively prove the coach is the problem!
SeaEagleRock8: I enjoy and respect your opinions but disagree with this comment about having to appoint DESpicable to "provide stability".
If "stability" is losing matches in record numbers then I want to see "upheaval". We must have change or else the club will be reduced to competing for the Spoon each year, and Membership numbers will plummet.
DESpicable has been in charge for three seasons now so he has had a chance to get the roster he wants. He selects the same team each week and only makes changes when there is an injury. If the coach is not the problem than who/what is?

SERiously? That wasn’t acting.

Love your work @Ryan but I haven’t signed as even if you were able to get a meeting with Humphreys his hands are tied.

He reports to a NYC based boss who I think is more interested in his new wife and baby boy than anything Sydney based.

His hands are tied with Hasler ( he would have been instructed to resign him as he was no doubt cheap).

So frankly I think you’d be pushing **** up hill.

Only one thing will affect change , their bottom line.

When no one goes to games , when sponsors desert them , when they run last and get zero free to air games and when next years membership numbers plummet.

That’s when the penny will drop!

I salute your passion ( it comes from the heart I know), but I really doubt this achieves diddly squat at this point in time.

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10