Petition to Stephen Humphreys

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Someone suggested perspective, which is always a good thing. I would suppose that 2019 might provide some of that perspective.

This is the team that ran out against the Raiders on 25/9/19, to win their 8th game out of the last 10, on the way to the finals that year. It was just a bit over 18 months ago.

Fullback
1.Tom Trbojevic
Wing
2.Jorge Taufua
Centre
3.Brendan Elliot
Centre
4.Mosese Suli
Wing
5.Reuben Garrick
Five-Eighth
6.Dylan Walker
Halfback
7.Daly Cherry-Evans (c)
Front Row
8.Addin Fonua-Blake
Hooker
9.Apisai Koroisau
Front Row
10.Martin Taupau
Second Row
11.Joel Thompson
Second Row
12.Jack Gosiewski
Lock
13.Jake Trbojevic
Bench
14.Manase Fainu
Bench
15.Corey Waddell
Bench
16.Morgan Boyle
Bench
17.Taniela Paseka
Coach
Des Hasler

To be honest, having Addin Fonua-Blake (released with no return), Joel Thompson (didn't take up his option), Apisai Koroisou (one of the leagues best at present) added to this group, we'd have much MUCH more starch.

That team would flog this one.

This is how I see our present dilemma.

1-Tommy Turbo is the lifeblood of this side, closely followed by Manase Fainu. All one needs to do is go back and watch Fainu's impact during our 2019 season. Turbo didn't play in the finals and missed a large chunk of the year, yet we almost made a preliminary final.

2-No one can predict injuries, and if we didn't re-sign Turbo EVERY last Manly fan would have been screaming from the rooftops. Api is injured again I see.

3-The Fainu brothers are all going to be stars. Watch their efforts yesterday. If we didn't show loyalty to Manase, then we inadvertently lose the other boys as well. Oh yeah, he still hasn't been found guilty in a court of law either.

4-Dce's contract. That has nothing to do with Des.

5-If Turbo comes back and plays out the season, we win more than we lose. It ain't rocket science.

6-We are moving in the right direction with the signing of Haumole, Paseka, Keppie, Schuster, Aloiai, Saab, and Tuipulotu.

7-The pathways program is providing the club with the best junior talent in the world.

8-I choose to be patient because I believe the wheel will turn.

9-I don't believe instability, division and upheaval is the answer right now.

10-Who do you replace Hasler with? We are still paying the price for sacking a Manly legend in Geoff Toovey, and the thought of having another untried outsider in the coaching box gives me a headache.

11-I love the club and care about results.

Absolutely fantastic , well thought out , balanced post mate , have to say.

I'm still trying to work out why we only had the one trial this year. Who knows, those youngsters who may not have performed the best during that one trial because of nerves or whatever may have had blinders in a second or third trial but what did we do? We have only one trial and give them only one chance to shine and because they didn't for whatever reason, Des appears to have written them off and instead he keeps picking the same underperforming incompetent plodders and playing others out of position and only brings the young ones into the side when he is forced to because of injuries.
Spot on mate

Mate, we had a similar circumstance previously, where the members and fans got together, and pulled together an extra-ordinary meeting that was actually cast to our members. It added plenty of value, and from that meeting, tangible changes occurred. It was done respectfully, appropriately, and formally.

Fans wanted answers, and got quite a lot that night.

I wish I could find some media about it (and it was possibly done prior to you being here) - does anyone else recall this?

Now, you "keep" saying perspective, and "it's only 3 games". Not sure if you're trying to get a rise in saying that, but it's not. It's 13 losses in 14 games. It's record after record (not in a good way) getting smashed (i.e. clubs worst ever defeat in 75 years, a player scoring more against us in one game ever, losing streak possibly). It's also off field issues. It's team selections.

Are you wanting people to ignore all this, to conform with your way of thinking? Maybe pretend it all didn't or isn't happening, so it can be roses?
I really don't care how people think and no. No one needs to conform to my way of thinking.
Guess at the end of the day it's just a bit depressing listening to people moan and bitch when a turn of form and a winning run will have those same people dancing in the street.

Good luck to you all. I'm going to start treating this forum like a pre covid supporters pub. Just because we all follow the same side doesn't mean we have to like each other. In a pub if someone is talking **** (in your own eyes) you can either walk away or kick off. Walking away is actually the bigger thing to do.

Hopefully I will see you guys and girls in another thread about how we turned it all around and are heading into the finals.... hopefully.......

Take it easy all.

I really don't care how people think and no. No one needs to conform to my way of thinking.
Guess at the end of the day it's just a bit depressing listening to people moan and bitch when a turn of form and a winning run will have those same people dancing in the street.

Good luck to you all. I'm going to start treating this forum like a pre covid supporters pub. Just because we all follow the same side doesn't mean we have to like each other. In a pub if someone is talking **** (in your own eyes) you can either walk away or kick off. Walking away is actually the bigger thing to do.

Hopefully I will see you guys and girls in another thread about how we turned it all around and are heading into the finals.... hopefully.......

Take it easy all.

I apologize, that's not the affect I wanted to have on you.

I was just trying to say that our problems are greater than just three games or performances. Agree to disagree, and when we start smashing the opposition, happy for you to give it me (hopefully in a funny, kind way).

I'm with you, on that I hope we meet in another thread, talking about the finals, and how we could & would possibly keep this roster together, because they are worth so much more.

Honestly, this is a very sad descriptor of myself, but my happiness is very much tied to the performances of this team, because I don't have much else, which I guess is the reason my tantrum;s are so out there. You stay mate, I'll piss off. Again, sorry mate.

Take it easy all.
Difference of opinion doesnt meen you have to walk away or fight..i listen to what everyone says if i dont like it i certainly dont try to fight..i just except what that person believes i dont have to agree but i have an open mind and everybody deserves a say..but the truth is important to and we have a 7 win from 24 record we dont look like a team thats hungry or skilled enough to win or be consistent and im afraid we actually could take out the spoon..now thats pretty bad after 75yrs..why shouldnt passionate fans and members be concerned and critical

Difference of opinion doesnt meen you have to walk away or fight..i listen to what everyone says if i dont like it i certainly dont try to fight..i just except what that person believes i dont have to agree but i have an open mind and everybody deserves a say..but the truth is important to and we have a 7 win from 24 record we dont look like a team thats hungry or skilled enough to win or be consistent and im afraid we actually could take out the spoon..now thats pretty bad after 75yrs..why shouldnt passionate fans and members be concerned and critical
Isn’t that why we come on here to hear different points of view. Be boring as if we all agreed.
:)

I love and admire passionate fans like you @Franko that get all their family members to become club members and contribute towards the future of our Legendary clubs success

YOu are my Hero Franko !!!
We are all Manly brothers! ;)
you are a legend Bozo we need more blokes like you supporting our team

We are all Manly brothers! ;)
Yes we are . Even Jerry 1 is as well .

. I dont believe he meant anything bad with his quote of

"Isn’t that why we come on here to hear different points of view. Be boring as if we all agreed."

I'm still trying to work out why we only had the one trial this year. Who knows, those youngsters who may not have performed the best during that one trial because of nerves or whatever may have had blinders in a second or third trial but what did we do? We have only one trial and give them only one chance to shine and because they didn't for whatever reason, Des appears to have written them off and instead he keeps picking the same underperforming incompetent plodders and playing others out of position and only brings the young ones into the side when he is forced to because of injuries.
You are on to it @Jethro. We are underdone big time. Let's lay it out.
  1. Shortest off season in history due to Covid
  2. DCE was out of off-season for a chunk due to SOO duties / rest
  3. The team was stood down for 2 weeks for the Titmuss tragedy (not challenging this decision)
  4. As Jethro pointed out we only had one trial. Why?
  5. Backups such as Schuster played bugger all in 2020 due to lack of lower grade
  6. A signficant amount of incoming new talent having less time than usual to gel
  7. Donnie's Hasler 2.0 pre-season approach (I preferred the canoe carrying of Hasler 1.0)
There are 7 reasons we are underdone and not performing well out of the gate based on pre-season related issues.

Its not about naysayers. I'm a supporter of the club just like you. I feel the pain just like you.
I get where Bomb Voyage is coming from but turning on ourselves and the club we love isn't the answer.
Good for you getting 10k to support a Brookvale upgrade. That's something to be proud of and a worthy cause. I would say it's a lot different to marching on the club demanding change thou.
And you know what. We need all types of fans. Happy, supportive, angry, frustrated and the list goes on.
I've been here since 2014 and I really feel this is as poisonous as I've seen it it's only round 3 for ** sake. Can we not get some perspective and calm the ** down just a little bit.
There’s no room for perspective on ST mate.

I apologize, that's not the affect I wanted to have on you.

I was just trying to say that our problems are greater than just three games or performances. Agree to disagree, and when we start smashing the opposition, happy for you to give it me (hopefully in a funny, kind way).

I'm with you, on that I hope we meet in another thread, talking about the finals, and how we could & would possibly keep this roster together, because they are worth so much more.

Honestly, this is a very sad descriptor of myself, but my happiness is very much tied to the performances of this team, because I don't have much else, which I guess is the reason my tantrum;s are so out there. You stay mate, I'll piss off. Again, sorry mate.
Mate your good.

I'm not directing my version of frustration at any individuals or ideas. It just spews out in all directions in a different way to many of you.

I too support this team to my fullest and as you it hurts to see the mess we are in.

Let's hope we can discuss a manly GF team sometime soon.

It's a cliche but the only way is up from here.

should always respect someone else’s opinion no matter if you like it or not.

everyone has the right to their own opinion,

if you don’t agree go and get ****ed.

if people want to voice their opinion via a petition power to them it’s their right.
Except if your on MAFS

Regardless of your opinions I think the collective issue we have is WE CAN ALL SEE THE GAME HAS CHANGED AND MANLY HAS NOT.
Watching other teams adapt and play smarter while we flounder is the annoying part.
Wether the reasons are Des, the players, recruitment or Penn is what we debate.
FFS pick the best 17 to suit the Comp you are playing in.

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10