Please, please Trent... Pick Tom Wright

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
I'm just astonished that Barrett isnt waking up and realising that safe and slow dont win games. We lose our our two outside speedsters in TT and Walker and replace them with safe and slow. That's why Canterbury have been failing. They had safe and slow and have been heading south ever since. Barrett has to bite the bullet and take a few risks. Tom Wright and Anderson may be a bit young and inexperienced and they may make mistakes but they will set the game alight because they have speed and evasiveness. .Take out Kelly tonight from the backline beyond 5/8 and you've got prop paced joggers. As for the forwards we have Api and Taupau and perhaps the aging Thompson and little else with Jake away. But first Barrett has to stop this safe and slow policy. Time to get on some players who can spark a team, score a try, without having to always rely on TT, Walker, Kelly and Jake.

Will TB pick Wright this week?

he is after all the only Manly first grader that has not tasted defeat in 2018

Anyone who watched Tom Wright play in the 16 and 17 Holden cup teams understands that this boy is very creative, smart running game, great kicking game and kicks a few goals and plays in several positions.

Our first team is crying out for creativity right now, our halves are reduced to finding the line on the 5th tackle because there is no confidence that we will score from an attacking kick.

Surely we cant be any worse than at least trying the kid to see what he has got, you look at Pongia smashing it at Newcastle who has a roster not much better than ours leaves me cold about the reluctance of our coaching staff to try young players, Our season is gone , use the remaining games to blood these kids or they will leave and we are really in trouble for next season!

the respected David Morrow was talking on the radio just now and the name Tom Wright came up
he does not understand why T Wright hasn't been used this season he says he's a he is a big fast unit and has terrific skills from his Rugby Union days you don't lose those skills. surely he has to be a better option and better potential than the current 5/8 they have used.
if Manly don't play him some other Club will snap him up.

I'm really troubled by Barrett's apparent inertia. He's like a record caught in the groove. He doesn't seem able to move forward, preferring to flog a dead horse over and again. I don't think I'm assuming I've got superior awareness of what seems to work in league. I can see the frustration in so many other supporters on this forum, and they cant be all wrong in saying that what Barrett is presently doing is not working. The excuses are just not believable any more. The selections and strategies are just not working.

Manly have always been a club to bring up young talent reasonably quickly. If they fail, they get dropped. But often their talent and enthusiasm rises with the promotion. Barrett has been forced to make some changes with Suli and Parker. Both perform reasonably well but surely at this stage of their career Barrett can see they are not what is needed to stir the troops into action.

I'm not a Rugby League strategist, but I can see other teams are awake to how Manly are playing the game. At the moment even Parramatta could beat them and the wooden spoon still lurks real. What Manly needs is some full on risk taking. I know Anderson is not in the 30, but I would bring him in. I would then do the unexpected until Walker is back. Put Tom T into five eighth, drop Parker to the bench, and bring in Tom Wright to centre and Anderson at full back. Take the captain's role off DCE and give it to Jake. I'd also try someone else as goal kicker and interchange Wright and Tom T. for attacking strategies to utilise Tom T's height for bombs. I'd also consider Funa on the bench to cover the inner backs and hooker.

Now what I have suggested is way out there and probably no chance of happening. But the Sea Eagles need to change what they are doing and take the risks with the young speedsters. They may struggle but it will prepare us better for '19.

I hope that Trent picks him too, at least that way we will get the answer as to whether the Great Wright Hope is hype or can actually play. I'm sick of seeing his name thrown up every week, for every position, as if he is the answer to all our season woes.

He has been playing centre for ISP, and from what I've seen he certainly doesn't push either Kelly or Walker out, and clearly in Trent's mind he is behind Suli and Parker - which I tend to agree with. Maybe give him a go on Uate's wing and get it over and done with.

I hope that Trent picks him too, at least that way we will get the answer as to whether the Great Wright Hope is hype or can actually play. I'm sick of seeing his name thrown up every week, for every position, as if he is the answer to all our season woes.

He has been playing centre for ISP, and from what I've seen he certainly doesn't push either Kelly or Walker out, and clearly in Trent's mind he is behind Suli and Parker - which I tend to agree with. Maybe give him a go on Uate's wing and get it over and done with.

Chip and Chase, I consider your comments quite valid. I am not suggesting Tom Wright is the answer to Manly's problem. He is only one facet of an overall rethink that's seriously needed.

Tom Wright has not been apparently setting the game alight in the Reggies. But what I saw of him in the 5 minutes he was on in first grade, told me that given the opportunity he would perform much better than what we are seeing at present. Like Anderson, Tom W has that X factor ability. He doesn't use it enough but I think a good coach would motivate him. I suspect his previous serious injuries have tempered his willingness to make the big plays. But the talent is there.

And having someone like Wright and Anderson in the centre or wing etc would be an extra option to a three quarter line that is not a shade of what it was in 2017. Same players, just not getting the good ball. That's where something innovative needs to be considered for 5/8 if Hodko is past it. Perhaps Walker at 5/8 is the answer. His last game was exceptional in that spot. But most importantly Manly need to change tactics. They are too predictable.

And the reason you haven't told us earlier about this magic wand of yours is? @:) Our 30 is full.

You are probably quite right. I'm only giving options to overcome what is not working. By the way I would like to know what our 30 is. Have never seen it. Can someone give the list.

It's really only an imaginary 30 anyway, since guys are on the list and now on year long holidays,playing in the UK or rotting in reggies for reasons unknown.

You are probably quite right. I'm only giving options to overcome what is not working. By the way I would like to know what our 30 is. Have never seen it. Can someone give the list.

I would pick him as well if I could mate. The top 30 has been discussed here ad nauseum and is clarified on the contract thread... kind of.. Hodko was # 30.

Tom Wright born 21 July 1997
Nathan Cleary born 14 November 1997

Why aren't we giving our kid a shot?

Actually referring to the Sea Eagle site Manly has only 29 players presently registered in their 30 allotment. They are

Forwards

AFB
Api
Sironen
Winterstein
Gosiewski
Jake T
Thompson
Tanginoa
Brown
Perrett
Taupau
Line
Paseka
Sipley

Backs

Uate
Parker
Kelly
DCE
Walker
Hastings
J. Wright
Taufua
Croker
M.Wright
Suli
Funa
Tom T.
T. Wright
Hodkinson

No mention of players who have moved elsewhere such as Myles etc. If this is the case there is room for one more player in the 30

Actually referring to the Sea Eagle site Manly has only 29 players presently registered in their 30 allotment. They are

Forwards

AFB
Api
Sironen
Winterstein
Gosiewski
Jake T
Thompson
Tanginoa
Brown
Perrett
Taupau
Line
Paseka
Sipley

Backs

Uate
Parker
Kelly
DCE
Walker
Hastings
J. Wright
Taufua
Croker
M.Wright
Suli
Funa
Tom T.
T. Wright
Hodkinson

No mention of players who have moved elsewhere such as Myles etc. If this is the case there is room for one more player in the 30

Apparently Darcy is still a member of our top 30 because we paid over a certain amount of his freight.@:(

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11