[poll] Silvertail Poll

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Your preference Liberal or Labor?

• Liberal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Labor

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I don't disagree with what you have said in the second and third paragraphs, though the world wide economic cycle has plenty to do with that. The change in the tax base has helped them as well.

As for interest rates that is a joke as off-shore pressures impact there. When they were high under Hawke and Keating they were high everywhere in the Western World. Similarly when Howard was Treasurer. There is a view that they were slightly lower comparably under Labor than now, under Howard. (2% lower here than in the US versus 1% more than anywhere else at present.)

The Union scare is just that. Since Hawke took Government strikes have been a thing of the past. Apart from Reith's Shocks on the Docks who can remember the last big strike? Some Unionists will hope for better days for them, just as a few corporate and rural heads look for kickbacks from their mates - John and Peter. Balance between protection of companies and the rights of workers is essential - it has gone too far at the moment. Are you saying that bosses can only work on their own terms? Corporate tax is at record lows, PAYEs still bear a heavy burden and issues such as education, environment and housing are just ignored by the current lot and they are a tired rabble.

Brookvale Oval is the reason I could vote for them but in the end I am gong to put Australia ahead of my footy interests!!!

Howard rode the boom created by the tough financial choices made by Keating post 1983. It was Keating that inherited the dog's breakfast - from Mr 22% interest rates Howard!!!!!!

If Keating was so good then why did the public beat him out of office?

Sure Howard was no treasurere but Costello must be faiorly competant in view of the interest rates that have prevailed over the last 11 years.

Brilliant politician but a jerk personally!!

Also at the end of a tired Government after too many years!!! (Much like now but the other way around!!!)

Howard rode the boom created by the tough financial choices made by Keating post 1983. It was Keating that inherited the dog's breakfast - from Mr 22% interest rates Howard!!!!!!

loan interest rate were capped at 12.5%

Byso it was 13.5% but the Prime rate was 22%.

Keating made all the economic reforms that Howard was unable to make - fiscal and monetary reform!!!

Sure Howard was no treasurere but Costello must be faiorly competant in view of the interest rates that have prevailed over the last 11 years.

Have a look at my sig. That sums it up perfectly. Keating had a vision for the country that was bold and compelling.

[quote author=tookey]
Brilliant politician but a jerk personally!!

Also at the end of a tired Government after too many years!!! (Much like now but the other way around!!!)

[/quote]

The NSW labour government is tired and lacking ideas yet they still got voted back in last election.

Keating made all the economic reforms that Howard was unable to make - fiscal and monetary reform!!!

If he was so good then why did he allow Sheik el hilaly to stay in the country when his own immigration minister, the feds and asio all said not to allow him into the country? Because he was shoring up the muslim and lebo vote like the labor party has done in NSw for years.

Keating couldn't even own up to his own sexuality.

[quote author=Canteen Worker]

If he was so good then why did he allow Sheik el hilaly to stay in the country when his own immigration minister, the feds and asio all said not to allow him into the country? Because he was shoring up the muslim and lebo vote like the labor party has done in NSw for years.

Keating couldn't even own up to his own sexuality.

[/quote]

Been reading Jackie Kelly's bogus nonsense have we? Reminds me of a birthday cake from 1993.

Don't start on dishonesty Byso. Has their been a more dishonest Federal Govt than the current one? John has only announced his retirement as it suits his party poliltically. Also, despite the pretences he and Peter hate each others guts and mask the charade to suit themselves.

And now they sink to new depths of dishonesty with bogus pamphlets and then try to allege it is a Chaser style stunt!

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6