Pre Barrett backline

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Tom is OK but is inconsistent and doesn't live up to hype or his pay packet. 100% over rated.

All of those players are on big money now. Geez people on here have 20:20 hindsight. It’s phenomenal. Everyone is a genius. And if they had let Turbo go because he had big money offers from everywhere silvertails would have gone into absolute melt down. Meanwhile if gutho had torn his acl and Tom played well enough to get an Aussie jumper last year people would have lost their ****.

At least have some perspective with all this. Bozo was controlling recruitment and retention. When hiku left everyone was bagging him. It’s taken him 3 long years to mature to where he is now. Gutho took big money from parra while we still had killer, snake and matai on the books for big dollars.

If anything blame offering big money to ageing superstars over paying going up and comers. From what I read Jesse Ramian took less than what the sharks offered because of a child or family or something up in newy

1 Gutherson $300k
2 Tafua $250k
3 Peta Hiku $300k
4 Jessie Ramien $150k
5 Tom Turbo $250k
6 Dce $1M
9 / back row Jamie Buhrer ( knights captain) $300k

$2.3 m

What was wrong with the players we had ?

Hiku is on fire at the warriors

Gutherson is on fire at the eels Captain

All we need was an overhaul of the forward pack

Sorry, whats with the salary figures you have put in there?

Genuine question. What is the relevance of these figures?

They have nothing at all to do with current salaries obviously (as those numbers are way off current contracts for most). But then you have Ramien on $150k and he would have not even been on a top 30 contract pre-Barrett. So just confused as to where the numbers are from and their relevance?

And wasn't Fulton brought in to "save the day" and handle all the hiring and firing?

Is Barrett now the one who signed and sacked all the players? I can't keep up!!

Sorry, whats with the salary figures you have put in there?

Genuine question. What is the relevance of these figures?

They have nothing at all to do with current salaries obviously (as those numbers are way off current contracts for most). But then you have Ramien on $150k and he would have not even been on a top 30 contract pre-Barrett. So just confused as to where the numbers are from and their relevance?

And wasn't Fulton brought in to "save the day" and handle all the hiring and firing?

Is Barrett now the one who signed and sacked all the players? I can't keep up!!
Don't bother using facts,journalists don't use them and people believe their garbage,no need for them here either.....

I could name a heap of players from the past who were on less money than the current squad... What's the point in comparing salaries from years ago to today...?

I've got it.

If we just freeze salaries forever, then years down the track when everyone else will be paying more for their players because the cap has gone up... we'll still be on 2018 salary. Genius.

I was just thinking the other day ... that if Bronco's players do get a $20 Macca's voucher per day .... that is more than but a few FG players were on for a season back in the 70's ...

Our win bonus in the u/23's was $20 .... $10 a draw .... nil a loss .....

Few of you blokes need to look at number of games played by the likes of gutho and ferris. I agree both good players and both pretty good blokes but lucky if they have played a season between them in the last 3 years.
Very true, however the guys we bought like Dylan Walker isnt exactly mr bulletproof.

I was just thinking the other day ... that if Bronco's players do get a $20 Macca's voucher per day .... that is more than but a few FG players were on for a season back in the 70's ...

That was back when players actually had a working life outside of the game. The days when they would be changing in the car between work and training because they had no time to change once there. The sight of football players changing at every set of red lights they got stopped at used to be a common thing.

Times have changed. Now instead of working, most (well, the younger and probably single ones at least) usually hit the PlayStation or X-Box or Twitter and Instagram between training sessions instead of working 9-5.

I don’t think we need a new 9, Api has been doing a good job and is one of the few blokes that can hold his head up high.

Burhrer could have done for the team what Menzies did during the dark Northern Eagles days - keep the manly culture alive and inspire the younger blokes coming through.
Yeah in terms of attack I agree, but he's a **** defender and games are both won and lost in the ruck

That was back when players actually had a working life outside of the game. The days when they would be changing in the car between work and training because they had no time to change once there. The sight of football players changing at every set of red lights they got stopped at used to be a common thing.

Times have changed. Now instead of working, most (well, the younger and probably single ones at least) usually hit the PlayStation or X-Box or Twitter and Instagram between training sessions instead of working 9-5.
Actually you’ll find most of them are enrolled in something even full time nrl players. Whether that’s uni or tafe because it’s benefits outside the cap and the nrl encourages it. And the training commitment is a bit more than a couple of nights a week. What with film study and off the paddock stuff they’re at work for a fair amount of each day. Plus any community work which a lot of them also do

So you made $10 in your career, nice.

One draw (and that was when the other team didn't turn up.)

@:D@:cool:

John Newcombe said he got $50 pounds for winning Wimbledon. Talk about being born in the wrong era!

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
7 4 3 49 10
9 5 4 42 10
9 5 4 -14 10
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 3 5 -55 8