PRE-GAME DISCUSSION: Dragons v Manly [Round 3, 2021]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
I don't think Foran will play. One of his legs was taped from mid thigh to mid calf yesterday and he was limping on it and defened on the wing all game, but maybe he's struggle on.

I think Schuster will start and it's time for the failed experiment of Walker at FB should end. Parker to back row walks to centre and Funa or Harper to FB.

And someone to come in for Davey, obviously.
I watched the game again and foran didn't defend on the wing. I seen him there maybe twice. He wasn't limping I think the rain and beer has clouded your judgement

Guys, all of Paseka, Aloiai and Marty have played backrow in the past. Both Aloiai and Paseka deserve to start in my opinion. Who in the right mind would start Brad Parker in the backrow over either of these players?

I don't even think Dessie is that stupid....hmmmm.....well.....we'll see I guess.

I watched the game again and foran didn't defend on the wing. I seen him there maybe twice. He wasn't limping I think the rain and beer has clouded your judgement

Foz, apart from a few plays was extremely slow in everything he did. Jesus, it even looked painful for him in feeding the scrum(s). He was MUCH more explosive and vigorous at bother The Warriors and Dogs

idk people calling the walker experiment to end aren't realising the fact that no other alternatives have chemistry with the team. In midfield / edge attack walker links up the best with 6 7 9 and 13 than say harper, funa etc who have hardly player with these boys in top grade. Funa at least has some experience with them.

i'd also like to leave walker there as I really want to see tolu koula given a go and he won't be given one at fullback, likely centre or wing.
I think it's because he's a good footy player people think he can do everything. I think Des has to realise Walker is a so-so fullback, an alright 5/8 and a good centre. IMO just leave him in the centers where he's good and bring in another so-so fullback until Tom comes back.

I think it's because he's a good footy player people think he can do everything. I think Des has to realise Walker is a so-so fullback, an alright 5/8 and a good centre. IMO just leave him in the centers where he's good and bring in another so-so fullback until Tom comes back.
you reckon 'alright' 5/8? I know no one raps him at five eighth but I remember in our last half-decent season in 2019 he outplayed chez for MOM in the loss to souths IMO.

he looked pretty trash on the weekend so fair. I just don't think Harper will be any better and doesn't strike any fear into the opposing team. If dylan adjusts to the positioning & role in the next couple games theres a lot more upside in him performing (in a crucial position) than say harper or funa

Haha well there you have it. I think it's his best position. Too slow for the backs but can run a good line and defend well. Bench spot? Can't see him starting
i'd imagine he'll be starting over schuster
Des says how theyre going to have to make someone a backrower and then preceded to talk about parker. Said schuster played 'admirably' as well... but knowing des... just can't imagine him starting schuster at 11 over parker. I'd honestly rather schuster off the bench so he can play some 13 or 6... depending if Cust is out

01. Morgan Harper
02. Jason Saab
03. Dylan Walker
04. Moses Suli
05. Reuben Garrick or Christian Tuipulotu
06. Josh Schuster
07. Kieran Foran or Daly Cherry-Evans
08. Marty Taupau
09. Cade Cust
10. Taniela Paseka
11. Josh Aloiai or Marty Taupau
12. Jack Gosiewski
13. Jake Trbojevic

14. Daly Cherry-Evans or Kieran Foran
15. Sean Keppie
16. Toafofoa Sipley
17. Ben Trbojevic or Morgan Boyle
I don’t mind these suggestions but I think Parker will get a gig in the back row. As much as sone hate the idea.

I think the middle rotation of Marty, paseka, keppie and Aloai must stay in tact with none shifting to an edge. That rotation is powerful and possibly our biggest strength right now in a side that lacks a lot of bright spots.

at least Parker in tgebackrow gets him away from a matchup v Lomax.

The middle rotation was good, but of the 4 paseka is the quickest and would be a better option than Parker in the second row, obvious replacement for him up front is sip, he has plenty of power we lose nothing, question is getting enough mins out of paseka in that role, not ideal but the dragons have a good pack we are going to need to be strong up front, it will no doubt be wet next weekend to which will suit that idea!

you reckon 'alright' 5/8? I know no one raps him at five eighth but I remember in our last half-decent season in 2019 he outplayed chez for MOM in the loss to souths IMO.

he looked pretty trash on the weekend so fair. I just don't think Harper will be any better and doesn't strike any fear into the opposing team. If dylan adjusts to the positioning & role in the next couple games theres a lot more upside in him performing (in a crucial position) than say harper or funa
I just reckon he's a centre, a good one. if we put haprer/funa at FB he'll be about the same as walker, but if walker goes to centre it's an upgrade on parker.

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10
10 5 5 -56 10