PRE-GAME DISCUSSION: Dragons v Manly [Round 3, 2021]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
1. HARPER
2. SAAB
3. SCHUSTER
4. WALKER
5. SULI
6. FORAN
7. CHERRY-EVANS
8. TAUPAU
9. CROKER
10. PASEKA
11. ALOIAI
12. GOSIEWSKI
13. TRBOJEVIC
14. CUST
15. KEPPIE
16. PARKER
17. SADDLER / SIPLEY
do u reckon aloiai on edge over marty?

I reckon marty 1 on 1 vs a halfback would be a massive chance of scoring each match... aloiai probably less threatening 1 on 1 but more mobile i guess for defence

thats good then because it looks like itll happen from des's presser

I'm still left wondering if it means Harper or Funa at fullback ... or a sooner than expected return from Tom?

Because honestly, I'd take even a 90% ready Turbo over any other option we have (and by 90% I mean his hammy is fine, he just needs fitness).

boyd cordner gets concussed heaps... doesn't mean he shouldn't be in the pack

parker has nil attributes of the modern day back - no speed, no passing game.
he has the attributes of a back rower - runs a strong line, great in defence, aims up hard.

yes he's small but if he bulked up he'd be a better 2row fill in off the bench than a centre long term IMO
Boyd Cordner 6ft 2, 102kgs
Brad Parker 6ft 4, 100kgs. Only comparing size not skill level.

do u reckon aloiai on edge over marty?

I reckon marty 1 on 1 vs a halfback would be a massive chance of scoring each match... aloiai probably less threatening 1 on 1 but more mobile i guess for defence
Good point. I also think Paseka would be a weapon on an edge too... I guess I went with the safe option (i.e. defensively). Out of all the options, Aloiai has played on an edge the most recently, is proven, and the more mobile of the 3

As much as Harper played fullback in the trial game you’d think if he was in the mix to play there in first grade he’d be being selected there in ressies, neither he nor Funa are filling that role.
The guy playing fullback isn’t going to play first grade.
Seems like the ( failed) Walker experiment will continue...

As much as Harper played fullback in the trial game you’d think if he was in the mix to play there in first grade he’d be being selected there in ressies, neither he nor Funa are filling that role.
The guy playing fullback isn’t going to play first grade.
Seems like the ( failed) Walker experiment will continue...
Possibly but I think injury has twisted Des arm and he’ll put Parker to the back row. Whether that means Walker back to Centre or not remains to be seen. God I hope so.

That's a good team! I reckon you are 100% on the money and as a whole probably looks our best side all year
I can’t agree that any side with Garrick is our best available side.

Im not sure what more (or less) Garrick needs to do to prove he is not a first grade player. Tuipulotu or Koula must come in for him.

I think even Des might be ready to drop him.

I have a sneaky feeling this is the team Des will run with:

1. Harper
2. Saab
3. Suli
4. Walker
5. Tuipulotu
6. Foran
7. DCE
8. Paseka
9. Croker
10. Taupau
11. Gosie
12. Parker
13. J Trb
——————————
14. Cust
15. Aloiai
16. Keppie
17. Schuster
——————————
18. Sipley
19. Funa
20. Saddler (exemption granted)
21. Boyle

I can’t agree that any side with Garrick is our best available side.

Im not sure what more (or less) Garrick needs to do to prove he is not a first grade player. Tuipulotu or Koula must come in for him.

I think even Des might be ready to drop him.

I have a sneaky feeling this is the team Des will run with:

1. Harper
2. Saab
3. Suli
4. Walker
5. Tuipulotu
6. Foran
7. DCE
8. Paseka
9. Croker
10. Taupau
11. Gosie
12. Parker
13. J Trb
——————————
14. Cust
15. Aloiai
16. Keppie
17. Schuster
——————————
18. Sipley
19. Funa
20. Saddler (exemption granted)
21. Boyle
I agree re Garrick but Koula is a development player so forget about him! And after watching Tuipulotu on the wing in the trial he is a centre and definitely a winger. Garrick keeps his place by default..... for now

Koula might be in the main squad but would expect just a bit more time for him in the juniors before i st grade consideration . Parker to the 2 nd row in the present circumstances could be a good move , hasn ':t been that injury prone for some time now and seems to have improved his running style , runs a strong direct line and is capable of busting the first tackle attempt not infrequently . Could be an improvement on plays closer to the opposition's line and ex centres moving to the back row usually have more intent to try and set up outside supports and his defence tends to be on the reliable side . Then probably Harper to full back , Walker to centre . , Schuster as the super sub and not that far from being a run on player soon . Hope that Cust can be available as the 9 , he does have more to offer and probably can get the side on the front foot more with his ability and enthusiasm

Parker to the 2 nd row in the present circumstances could be a good move , hasn ':t been that injury prone for some time now
Hasn't been that injury prone???
He got the staggers in our trial after taking his first hit-up.
In fact if he played for the Roosters (which obviously he wouldn't because he's not a test star) he'd probably be stood down for 3 months.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8