PRE-GAME DISCUSSION: Manly v Penrith [Round 4, 2021]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Like I said previously, the players know he wont drop them and what really scares me in the page with the team lists, is Des on the side with a huge smile as if to say,Im not changing my boys again this week Silvertails fans, I am the coach and I know what I am doing, yeah destroying our great club

Jethro

Star Trekkin' across the universe
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Don't expect any favours from the Vidiot Box this week. Hairy Pair-of-arseholes is in control.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MATCH OFFICIALS:

Matt Cecchin

Referee

Peter Gough
Touch Judge

Liam Kennedy
Touch Judge

Henry Perenara
Senior Review Official

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Peter7

Reserve Grader
Don't expect any favours from the Vidiot Box this week. Hairy Pair-of-arseholes is in control.

MATCH OFFICIALS:

Matt Cecchin

Referee

Peter Gough
Touch Judge

Liam Kennedy
Touch Judge

Henry Perenara
Senior Review Official

How does he keep his job?
I wish I could do a half arsed **** job at work and not worry about getting sacked.

The Who

Journey Man
We have zero depth, we have assembled a squad of Reserve, Massey, quality.
How will we know unless these 'reserve grade' players are given a chance?
We know we have 4-5 players continually selected who are not First Grade standard. We don't need to see them any more.
Our only hope is that our 'reserve graders' show they are NRL quality. If they fail we are no worse off.

Fibro Eagle

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
The side might actually change , according to
MITCH KEATING
DEPUTY EDITOR of Zero tackle
Not sure how reliable this guy is though

Manly Sea Eagles vs Penrith Panthers​

Incumbent trio Daly Cherry-Evans (leg), Martin Taupau (ankle) and Dylan Walker (shoulder) are all in a race against the clock to play by Thursday. Jack Gosiewski is unlikely to feature after sustaining a leg injury in the loss to St George Illawarra in Round 3.

madmax

Bencher
same ****, different week, same result

the club is a joke and a laughing stock

Panthers 21+
You forgot the coaching staff are a joke & laughing stock also.....my interest in Manly is seriously beginning to wane. I’ve supported them since the mid 70s & never have I been more despondent. I’m actually not looking forward to the weekend. I use to have withdrawals waiting for game days & now it’s become an embarrassment. It saddens me that this once mighty club has become such an abysmal failure. I’m not even sure whether it’s the players fault but I’m truly sick of Hasler & his obvious inability to be a leader & make the decisions to turn this around.

Last edited:

TagMonster

Reserve Grader
Honestly, I don't get it. It's the se team that have been smashed every week. I understand keeping Walker at FB if Tom is coming back so why change it for one game. But why still pick that backline and back row? Surely that aren't all going to keep playing long term? Or is Haslers theory that Tom will solve all problems? Because if that's the thought process, we are worse off than it appears

It was laughable last year when Des kept it a secret that Albert Hopoate was going to make his debut against the Storm.I wonder if Bellamy’s plans went out the window when he saw Alberts name on the team sheet?And if a player can’t handle the media attention then how will he go playing in front of a crowd.Des,in their current position,needs to sell hope to fans,a reason to spend their hard earned on turning up to a game or watching on TV.The weekly tripe named on Tuesdays is not inspiring
Im sure Bellamy had sleepless nights

Eagles4Life

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Do I rationally think we are going to win? No.

Do I support this team rationally? No.

I will be tuning in expecting (based on nothing) we will win on Thursday.

It is the hope that kills you

Yes it does. I have no words in seeing our team sheet for this round. Hoping against hope that Des could somehow see the irrationality of picking the same players in the same spots each week, and expecting a different result. Its a bit hard for us to support the club rationally, when Des the "mad scientist", and previously described as "Intellectually gifted with a flare for unorthodox creativity", has clearly gone mad and completely lost the plot.

Yes I will also be tuning in and expecting a win.

That probably says more about me than it does about Des.

eagleron

Bencher
I'm not going to watch the game live on TV after seeing this team sheet. I will record it and fast forward through it..stop for the one try Manly will score..then fast forward through the 9 tries the Panthers score. Should take me 5 minutes all up
Sounds like a plan

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
13 10 3 97 24
14 10 4 78 22
13 9 4 110 20
13 8 5 66 20
14 8 6 143 18
13 7 6 81 18
13 7 6 -55 18
14 7 7 37 16
15 8 7 -8 16