PRE-GAME DISCUSSION: Manly v Rabbits [Round 2, 2021]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
I actually like the forward matchup (not Cook v Croker of course) but I think we can hold our own up front. The backs on the other hand.......

We did well for first 25 minutes of the game - therefore Croker will come off and Cust can come on. There is still a chance that someone from outside the 17 will be in the final 17. We will only know who Des drops on Friday which will indicate who starts where.

Can someone go to training and see who is training where.

I guess Dessie knows the Souths left side attack will be preferred and he's put Garrick back over on our right to get some tackling practice.

Firstly - Aaaagggghhhhhhhhh

Secondly - we are playing the top teams in the comp over the first month. What does it take to get a free to air televised match. The Bunnies were good enough for free to air last week and the Roosters are good enough for free to air this week.

The last time that these two teams played each other was on Round 15, Saturday 22nd August 2020 at ANZ Stadium, Sydney.

Full Time Score:

Rabbitohs 56 points, Sea Eagles 16 points.

I still remember Wayne Bennett laughing at us and the scoreline up in his Coach's Box.

The team that played that day was:

01. Reuben Garrick
02. Jorge Taufua
03. Brad Parker
04. Moses Suli
05. Tevita Funa
06. Cade Cust
07. Daly Cherry-Evans

08. Taniela Paseka
09. Danny Levi
21. Addin Fonua-Blake
15. Corey Waddell
12. Curtis Sironen
13. Jake Trbojevic

10. Martin Taupau
14. Lachlan Croker
20. Jack Gosiewski
16. Sean Keppie

There are not many differences from that team to what Des has picked this week.

I'm expecting a similar scoreline to what it was the last time they played each other.

Apologies for bagging SuperCoach Des, he’s used all his guile and experience to keep the same backline (brilliance) and swapped Davey for Gosiewski(so clever) and changed our bench so we now have 2 strike players in Cust and Keppie (again a move only coaches at top of their game would make)
And to top it off he has kept our 9 , Croker to belt Cook.
And so smart leaving out Shuster , Harper because last thing we need is young players that show enthusiasm
Imagine the fear in Mitchell ,Johnston,Gagai,Campbell,Paulo, Walker and Reynolds when they line up against that backline that terrorised Syd City.
Well done Des and I’m sure that u would have adjusted our defensive and attacking patterns to make us a lethal team
Go Manly

Firstly - Aaaagggghhhhhhhhh

Secondly - we are playing the top teams in the comp over the first month. What does it take to get a free to air televised match. The Bunnies were good enough for free to air last week and the Roosters are good enough for free to air this week.
I think you answered your own question... obviously it is the lack of quality in our side that has kept our opening 2 rounds off FTA...

Des picking the same team reminds me of a scene from the Blackadder series-

Blackadder:- It's the same plan that we used last time and the seventeen times before that.

Melchett:- Exactly! And that is what is so brilliant about it!
It will catch the watchful Hun totally off guard!
Doing precisely what we've done eighteen times before is exactly the last thing they'll expect us to do this time!
There is, however, one small problem.

Blackadder:
That everyone always gets slaughtered in the first ten seconds.

Attachments

• 2E084DC8-7C16-4142-AF9A-35DD5F4FCD24.jpeg
    2E084DC8-7C16-4142-AF9A-35DD5F4FCD24.jpeg
    20.5 KB · Views: 2
Apologies for bagging SuperCoach Des, he’s used all his guile and experience to keep the same backline (brilliance) and swapped Davey for Gosiewski(so clever) and changed our bench so we now have 2 strike players in Cust and Keppie (again a move only coaches at top of their game would make)
And to top it off he has kept our 9 , Croker to belt Cook.
And so smart leaving out Shuster , Harper because last thing we need is young players that show enthusiasm
Imagine the fear in Mitchell ,Johnston,Gagai,Campbell,Paulo, Walker and Reynolds when they line up against that backline that terrorised Syd City.
Well done Des and I’m sure that u would have adjusted our defensive and attacking patterns to make us a lethal team
Go Manly
Thanks Graham. How are Mark and Garry going these days?

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10