PRE-GAME DISCUSSION: Manly v Storm [Round 24, 2019]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Good interviews with a few of the Manly lads.
Siro hopes the big crowd will earn us a couple of crowd penalties, hey I'll be doing my bit. Boo, get off him, off-side, boo, forward pass!! Boo!

Nothing better than when we get our first penalty of the match in the opening set and we tell the ref in no uncertain terms "They've been doing it all day ref!"

Most important game of the year so far. #MIGOTY

I hope we're sharp this week. There is no way we will get away playing the same type of game we did last week. There's no way.

If Bellamy was serious he’d rest Smith, bromwiches, Munster, addo until the grand final. In case they get injured in the nothing games coming up, including the semis

They need to start clicking and playing good footy together running into he finals. I don’t think now is the time to rest players. Would of been last week for mine. Nows the time to start the run

Not sure if it’s been mentioned but the 360 crew said Hasler is the only coach to get over Bellamy
Across Manly and Dogs it’s 17 to 11
That’s a carve up
We are lucky to have the great man back

Yep. Des won the first 3 games between the two coaches and has continued the dominance from there. It wasn’t until 2011 that Bellamy finally got a win over Hasler with a team that was “deemed” to be under the salary cap

'We owe them': Smith revved up for Manly grudge match

Melbourne hooker Brandon Smith has plenty of reasons to be excited by Saturday night's clash against Manly as a new chapter in one of the game's biggest modern rivalries is ready to be written.

All Storm players receive an extensive lesson on the history of the club when they first arrive at AAMI Park and Smith knows just how important Saturday's road trip is for his club.

The two NRL powerhouses have had some epic clashes over the years and their blockbuster round-24 contest will have massive ramifications on the make-up of the top four.

A victory for the Storm will clinch the minor premiership, while the fourth-placed Sea Eagles can move a step closer to avoiding a first-up sudden-death playoff if they upset the league leaders.

"We owe them about 20 and they owe us about 20," Smith said on Thursday while promoting the NRL Australian Apprenticeships program as part of National Skills Week.

"It's that rivalry continuing on from that 2007 [Storm grand final win over Manly] and 2010 era and beyond.

"What Des Hasler has got going on down there at the moment is something special as he has taken Manly from a bottom five team to arguably one of the best teams in the comp."

When the sides met in Melbourne last month the Sea Eagles won 11-10 courtesy of a Daly Cherry-Evans field goal deep into extra time and there's the ongoing rivalry between the two veteran coaches that always seems to add further fuel to the fire.

Saturday's clash also marks the 100th appearance in the purple jersey for prop Nelson Asofa-Solomona.

He does much of the grunt work early in games and Smith is in awe of the giant Kiwi.

"To be able to play 100 games in four years is something special," Smith said of Asofa-Solomona.

"He is 23 and playing 100 games, so that shows the kind of player he is.

"I don’t really want to sign at any other place because I don’t want to have to tackle him, as tackling him at training is hard enough.”

Smith said Asofa-Solomona's century milestone had not yet been brought up by Craig Bellamy or the rest of the Storm coaching staff, but he expects that to change before kick-off on Saturday.

"He is only 23 and he has played 100 games, while I am 23 and I haven’t even played 40 yet, so it's a testament to the player he is," Smith said.

"He is a pleasure to play with, a cracking guy and I look forward to ripping in for him this weekend."

A95D0020-4D2D-4016-8C2B-DC5F6A9A603F.jpeg

Other clubs since the Dragons sides of the 1960s have gone through a season losing only two or three games – fewer than the four losses the Storm have suffered so far – but none have kept things as tight as the sides on this list.

It is Manly who have the best chance of spoiling Melbourne's party.

The Storm will need to win the Lottoland clash this Saturday or lose it by three or less to be the best side since the old Dragons teams in terms of net total loss points.

Of course, that all assumes their final-round match, a home game against the struggling Cowboys in round 25, does not finish in a boilover.

Please,lets crush their dreams and keep them out of the history books.

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10
10 5 5 -56 10