PRE-GAME DISCUSSION: Storm v Manly [Round 16, 2020]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Bizarre selections by the Mad Professor (meant in a nice way).

Injured centre replaced by back rower. Only two regular centres selected in the 21. Last minute switch could be Hoppa at the back & Funa to centre. No real point in speculating - see what happens on the weekend. An unsettled line up could be disastrous against the Storm who rarely lose two in a row plus have their two best players returning :confused:
unfortunately a settled line-up could be disastrous too... i mean, the Storm are a sh*tload better than the bunnies...

Well, unless Dessie does a game day shuffle, along the lines of KaZa’s suggestion
Wont be the same come kick off.
1. Hopoate
2. Miski
3. Parker
4. Funa
5. Garrick

surely...................
then I reckon the drizzle will make last weeks scoreline by the vermin look like a soccer score; with a few changes it’ll only be by 30; if the boys turn up with last week’s attitude and effort.

God strewth, I hate being brought to having such low expectations of my Mighty ‘Eagles. Last week, my rabid vermin supporting brother, actually sympathised with me on Manly’s predicament, I can’t stand the sympathy; I want the hate, fear and loathing from other supporters.

Last edited:

Des is either gonna shake it up on gameday or he has gone senile... ffs GoJetSki isn't even any good in a position that he does know...

Jetski has done pretty well at centre this year ( for a backrower ), he's had to cover it a few times and has probably scored more tries in that position than Parker & Suli.
I'd say he'll drop back to the bench, he offers more than Waddell in my opinion.

After seeing this team, I really hope that it is not the final 17 we take into this game. Surely the lesson that we seem to fail to learn is playing guys out of position and sticking with players who continue to fail or who are carrying injuries.

We will not make the finals and there wont be a better chance to test some guys against one of the top teams.

My fear is that it will be a familiar story on Sunday.

I do not understand why Des is so reluctant to give some of these boys a go? Surley Oka has to be in the 17 and offers a lot more than Waddell on current form. Funa should be at centre and give young Hoppa a chance at full back. We will never know unless hes given a chance.

Our selection policies over the last month at times have been really strange!!

Olakau’atu was actually good and got dropped. Gosiewski, Waddell, Croker were awful and keep their spots.
I think the goat photos have gone digital, shared amoungst our backing, and Des thinks he's still able to stop them going viral

Jetski has done pretty well at centre this year ( for a backrower ), he's had to cover it a few times and has probably scored more tries in that position than Parker & Suli.
I'd say he'll drop back to the bench, he offers more than Waddell in my opinion.
They both offer less than my dead grandmother for f**ksake. Olakuatu should just sign up elsewhere now. I wouldn't blame him. F**k me dead.

Wont be the same come kick off.
1. Hopoate
2. Miski
3. Parker
4. Funa
5. Garrick

surely...................
Not sure about Miski....no faster than Taufua & not as good a defender but maybe just maybe he’ll bring some newbie determination & score 3 tries. Hoppa to run rings around the Storm......Our father who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name ...

MATCH OFFICIALS:

Grant Atkins
Referee

Phil Henderson
Touch Judge

Peter Gough
Touch Judge

Henry Perenara
Video Referee

Ashley Klein
Senior Review Official

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No favours from the Vidiot Box again this week.

I notice that Hairy Pair-of-arseholes has been demoted from Senior Review Official to Video Referee this week.

yeah, that's probably a fair call and i am likely a bit harsh on him... I think his errors just stand out a little more because of the hair...

i would much rather someone with speed at centre tho...

Schuster, Hopoate and Olokatau are probably on the phone to their managers right now asking for help to get out of the club.... embarrassing. I keep thinking of Dylan Brown playing really well at 19 at Parra... our poor youngsters have to watch on as our tried, tested and failed squad plays on... vomit

Not sure about Miski....no faster than Taufua & not as good a defender but maybe just maybe he’ll bring some newbie determination & score 3 tries. Hoppa to run rings around the Storm......Our father who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name ...
He can't possibly be any slower than slowfua. At least because he looks like Mansour we can imagine we have a decent winger

Last edited:
That's because he won't pass the football.

If the side selected runs on the field we will get flogged. Again a missed opportunity. Got to admit I at the stage where I'm over it and probably switch off.

So we have to go through this boring charade all week will he make last minute changes.Gee Des is making it hard to watch and enjoy the game. A reserve grade backrower named in the centres that will keep Bellamy guessing.

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10
10 5 5 -56 10