Pre Game thread: Manly v Sharks [Week 1 Finals, 2019]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Interesting to see both Tevita and Haumole will debut this weekend according to a telegraph article tonight.

Funa will make his NRL debut against Cronulla, as will Olakau’atu. Keppie has played just one game.

For what its worth .....

tipsters-r26_20190911.jpg

Looks like Gosiewski is struggling and probably won't play. That means T Rex into the 17. I'd say Olakauatu will go right backrower with Waddell at left. Bench Fainu, Keppie, TRex, Sipley. I think Perrett has to start instead of Keppie.
Too may rookies.. What can you do hey...

Potential team
1. Walker
2. Jorge
3. Suli
4. Tevita
5. Garrick
6. Croker
7. Dce
8. Afb
9. Fainu
10. Jake
11. Trex
12. Waddell
13. Api

14. Elliot
15. Ola
16. Perrett
17. Keppie

Im not sure what desmond will come up with but we could find walker playing fullback and maybe even fainu or api wearing the 6... elliot is solid but we need points. Jake playing 80 at prop makes sense to me and afb can play big minutes. Anything can happen no point holding back.. dessy might even go with the same team as last week .....

Very exciting for a player to make a debut at home during a finals match. Will be even better if they can help us get the win

Apparently there is a great bond between Funa, Fainu and Haumole so if they are all playing, I hope they run riot this weekend and make it a day to remember

For what its worth .....

View attachment 12624
What I learn from this is men are losers and
Potential team
1. Walker
2. Jorge
3. Suli
4. Tevita
5. Garrick
6. Croker
7. Dce
8. Afb
9. Fainu
10. Jake
11. Trex
12. Waddell
13. Api

14. Elliot
15. Ola
16. Perrett
17. Keppie

Im not sure what desmond will come up with but we could find walker playing fullback and maybe even fainu or api wearing the 6... elliot is solid but we need points. Jake playing 80 at prop makes sense to me and afb can play big minutes. Anything can happen no point holding back.. dessy might even go with the same team as last week .....
big call
If Des is going radical it will be more subtle, more to do with game plan rather then positional changes
I like the use of API Jake and bringing Trex into the mix (off the bench)
At this stage I think Des has to stick with his core group and bring in the players he thinks will execute his game plan the best
The game plan I’m thinking of is ‘offence the best form of defence’
I mean what choice do we have ...just go mongrel
It worked for Parra

'....the Sharks don't view Lottoland as a threat to their finals hopes despite an abysmal five wins from the 46 matches played between the two clubs at the famous ground.

Cronulla players addressed the lack of success at Lottoland before Morris dismissed any talk of the Northern Beaches hoodoo.

"Most of the squad haven’t played there in a Sharks jersey," Morris said. "We are not worried about it at all.

"From our perspective it’s naught-naught there.
'

Morris overlooks the fact that 41 other Sharks Teams are also 'naught-naught there' :D

'....the Sharks don't view Lottoland as a threat to their finals hopes despite an abysmal five wins from the 46 matches played between the two clubs at the famous ground.

Cronulla players addressed the lack of success at Lottoland before Morris dismissed any talk of the Northern Beaches hoodoo.

"Most of the squad haven’t played there in a Sharks jersey," Morris said. "We are not worried about it at all.

"From our perspective it’s naught-naught there.
'

Morris overlooks the fact that 41 other Sharks Teams are also 'naught-naught there' :D
LOL @ Morris. Keep convincing yourselves of that. They're gonna go off like a rotten sardine when they run out there. Massive upset coming.

LOL @ Morris. Keep convincing yourselves of that. They're gonna go off like a rotten sardine when they run out there. Massive upset coming.
Nope Toddy has the pinkies primed for a big one - Sharks 13+

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10