Pre Game thread: Manly v Sharks [Week 1 Finals, 2019]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
"If he comes back and plays the way he did when he was first here, I might have to kiss him," Fonua-Blake said of the man who played 73 games for Manly from 2009-2012 including winning the 2011 premiership.

Love it! @:D
Now that would be a gif at the end of our winning game :giggle:

giphy.gif

Lets get real - we're not winning the comp this year. We hope to win 1, MAYBE 2 finals.....

If we face into that level of reality, then the answer around the 17 players is simple - build the experience of our future champions to prepare them for future finals football.

This is an audition for next year/2021 and winning important finals.

My heart says T-Rex for fun.... but my head says youngsters for experience. We need to build their base of experience under pressure and in an atmosphere like that.

This is literally a free hit without GF pressure. It just makes sense. Chose the youngsters.

Lets get real - we're not winning the comp this year. We hope to win 1, MAYBE 2 finals.....

If we face into that level of reality, then the answer around the 17 players is simple - build the experience of our future champions to prepare them for future finals football.

This is an audition for next year/2021 and winning important finals.

My heart says T-Rex for fun.... but my head says youngsters for experience. We need to build their base of experience under pressure and in an atmosphere like that.

This is literally a free hit without GF pressure. It just makes sense. Chose the youngsters.
Probably not the best message to send to the players - we don't rate our chances so we will just give your spot to someone who will possibly do better in the future. Compared with giving them a never give up attitude. The younger guys get plenty of opportunity in the lower grades, trials and through the regular season and I don't think throwing them straight into the deep end of NRL finals pressure is the best idea for confidence or moral. If we had a great young forwards prospect (who isn't already listed) then yes playing TREX would be a poor choice, but we don't so he plays.
That being said, I'd like to see Cust back, he provides more options in attack and that is something we appear to have run out of.

Sharks full strength. Admittedly this includes Josh "Cruiser Bottle, as in Made of Glass" Dugan and Matt "one of three worst buys this decade" Moylan. But could be dangerous.

We need to do the old motor racing tactic of getting out front early and being able to control things from there. Make them play catch up.

If we let Cronulla get the sort of start that we let Melbourne and Doesn't-matta get off to in the past couple of weeks.....we could be in for a very long night.
Agree, imperative for semi final footy.
We need Fainu to start otherwise it ain't Gunna happen.

I’d really like to say a gigantic **** YOU to injuries that’s really taken the “ fun” out of this years final series.

And I can’t believe after a pretty good run for about 8-10 weeks , bingo they all hit at once!

giphy.gif

Hard to do with our current strike power. Especially with most of our opportunities coming by exploiting tired forwards through the middle. Hopefully we catch them napping early but I doubt it in a elimination final.
I think Des will more likely try and hold tight for the first 20 and then strike with Fainu like he has in the past two weeks - I just hope our defence is up to the task this time.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10