Pre-match Finals [Week 1, 2017]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

HappilyManly

Journey Man
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...l/news-story/789aed69c098d2f0ffbf724f38c4bb8a

DYLAN WALKER’S EXPLETIVE-LADEN RANT RILES UP PENRITH PANTHERS AHEAD OF NRL ELIMINATION FINAL

Christian Nicolussi, The Daily Telegraph
September 5, 2017

PENRITH have vowed payback on Dylan Walker after the Manly centre unloaded with a series of expletive-laden sledges during the Sea Eagles’ crushing victory over the Panthers last weekend.

Walker has reignited the traditional Fibros v Silvertails feud that will resume on Saturday night when Manly face Penrith in a must-win elimination final at Allianz Stadium.

Emerging as public enemy No. 1 in Sydney’s west, Walker flattened Panthers pair Tyrone Peachey and Trent Merrin last Saturday with his shoulder, gave Merrin two animated sprays, and was involved in a further two incidents with Tyrone May and Sione Katoa as the Sea Eagles ran away 28-12 winners.

Panthers players admitted Walker’s antics had got the better of them — but are relishing the prospect at only having to wait a week for revenge.

“We probably did let him get to us,’’ prop Reagan Campbell-Gillard said.

“There were little things on the field that made us see red.

“You can have that confidence to spray a team or players when you’re leading 28-0.

Whoop-de-do, he did it. We were pretty poor on the weekend, but we’ll do a job this Saturday and turn it around.

“He’s one of those sledgers, but we’ll manage it.”

Campbell-Gillard did not reveal the content of Walker’s sledges, but Fox Sports audio picked up the in-form Sea Eagles centre directing obscenities at the Panthers.

“I couldn’t tell you what he said. I wouldn’t have been surprised if there were a few ‘c-words’ in thrown around there,” Campbell-Gillard said.

“That’s football. It was a bit of banter. you leave that stuff on the field.

“Full credit to them, they did their homework.

“What they dished out to us we obviously want to do back to them and get a bit of payback.’’

Backrower Corey Harawira-Naera watched Walker get under the skin of his teammates from the other side of the field, and the Manly centre was a hot topic of conversation in the sheds afterwards.

“You could see him being chirpy and the boys chirping back. He was playing really well, which was a bit of a bummer,’’ Harawira-Naera said.

“After the game the boys were saying he was chirpy and they were glad to get another shot at him this weekend and try to rectify it.

“It’s funny how it’s worked out. It might be the football gods giving us another chance. I know the boys will be up for it this week.’’

Walker has become known as one of the game’s biggest pests, challenging for the mantle once occupied by Mick Ennis and Justin Hodges.

Canberra players surrounded Walker when he botched a conversion in the nation’s capital earlier this year, only for the 22-year-old to get the last laugh and boot the winner in golden point.

Panthers winger Dallin Watene-Zelezniak, who is known to give plenty of cheek, said his team “needed to react better’’ to Walker.

There were several blow-ups last Saturday, with Walker and Brenton Lawrence both finishing the game with ripped jerseys after a couple of melees. Lawrence and Isaah Yeo traded verbal barbs late in the game after a consolation May try, while there were claims winger Matthew Wright clocked a Panthers player on the jaw that went unnoticed.

Five teams have clashed in the final round of the regular season and met again in week one of the finals.

The team who has won the final round has gone on to win again three times.

v2

v2

Last edited:

Terry Zarsoff

First Grader
Trying to flash up the Silvertails-Fibros ****e again I see.

A club that joined Slurperleague, with a whopping great leagues' club, fun park, centre of excellence, etc. who are now apparently 'Fibros.'

Though I do wish Walker would learn to shut the f-ck up.

Last edited:

Fluffy

Journey Man
love the whinge from DWZ who does the same thing.....

think this is media going for a storm in tea cup.

pjayz

הנשרים ישרור בעוד שנתיים מיום הנשרים
Interesting in a preview Brad Fittler mentioned his almost 100% Waqa Blake will be out this week with a shoulder injury.
If that is the case, I'd expect Dylan Edwards to be a late inclusion.

HappilyManly

Journey Man
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...h/news-story/569eac2934d3f730720f8e4e57a98fdf

SEA EAGLES’ STAR BRENTON LAWRENCE REVEALS WHY NRL PLAYERS LIKE IT ROUGH
Jon Geddes, Manly Daily
an hour ago

SEA Eagles prop Brenton Lawrence has revealed the inconvenient truth about the real appeal of rugby league — it’s a rough game played by blokes who like getting punched in the head, shaking it off and going again.

As Manly prepares for what is shaping up as a fiery elimination final against Penrith on Saturday night at Allianz Stadium, Lawrence was as uncompromising in his honesty about the gladiatorial nature of the NRL as he is in his approach on the field.

“We tend to forget what the game is like at it’s purest - it’s blokes running at each other and hitting each other as hard as they can,’’ Lawrence said.

46718d5813aa423fa8fa0cd51c050883

Manly's Brenton Lawrence leaves the field as the rain pours duringa game earlier this year. Picture: Brett Costello

Maybe there needs to be an argument for the fact if you don’t want to play a rough game then don’t play rugby league, I don’t know.

“I’ll probably get shot by the NRL for saying that.

“That’s what it is — a rough game. It’s played by people who like being rough.

“We’re blokes that like getting punched in the head or hit hard, shaking it off and going again.”

Lawrence said there is a thrill in that which most people don’t understand, but that is what a rugby league player gets out of bed for.

“The fans love it, absolutely,” Lawrence said. “That’s what fans of our game tune in to watch. That’s what they like to see.”

Lawrence also appreciates the efforts to clean up the game to protect players safety.

“We’ve all been playing since we were kids,” he said.

“There are times when I forget something, it could be anything, but there is that element that asks whether it’s because I play rugby league.

“But at the same time I am sure coming into the finals everyone will lift a level and you’ll see some physical football.”

And for Lawrence, Saturday’s showdown with the Panthers has added meaning as his time at Manly is coming to an end as he is heading up to the Titans next season.

“The motivation for me is putting on the jumper and I don’t want it to be the last time,” he said.

“There is still another game after this week and another game after next week and I want to make sure I am wearing it as long as I can.”

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
13 10 3 97 24
14 10 4 118 22
14 10 4 78 22
13 8 5 66 20
14 8 6 143 18
13 7 6 81 18
13 7 6 -55 18
14 7 6 42 17
14 7 7 37 16
15 8 7 -8 16