Preseason 2024

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
I love how every coach is renown for their pre-seasons...like is there a coach out there that doesn't work the players hard during pre-season?

We'll also hear the phrase 'toughest pre-season yet' a fair few times.
FWIW I can't recall Wayne Bennett teams getting this kind of press.

SUP contacted blokes can play as of Rd 1 in 2024. I'm not sure how many SUP contracted players a team can have yet? Train & Trial + Development contracted players can play NRL from Rd 11 in 2024.

This year the narrative will surely include that Manly has assembled the fastest backline in the history of RL.

The Notorious Serial Speed Killers
Saab
Koula
Garrick
Tom
1699304711204.png

Another 4 months to be bombarded with slick videos and carefully marketed optimism. As always we will need to wait until the season starts to see if there's any steak after the off season sizzle

Our preseason began just a week ago and I saw Seibs departed on Tuesday for Las Vegas. Apparently is looking for a suitable ground for the team to train before our round one game. Most grounds over there are synthetic and Seibs wants to find a grassed ground to reduce the risk of players being injured. Amazing this wasn't considered when deciding to stage the game in Vegas!

Meanwhile, it appears from the preseason photos so far that Ennis and Dymock are conducting proceedings in Seibs' absence. Again, I'm amazed this Vegas trip has been timed at the start of preseason training...

Our preseason began just a week ago and I saw Seibs departed on Tuesday for Las Vegas. Apparently is looking for a suitable ground for the team to train before our round one game. Most grounds over there are synthetic and Seibs wants to find a grassed ground to reduce the risk of players being injured. Amazing this wasn't considered when deciding to stage the game in Vegas!

Meanwhile, it appears from the preseason photos so far that Ennis and Dymock are conducting proceedings in Seibs' absence. Again, I'm amazed this Vegas trip has been timed at the start of preseason training...
Yeah, I wondered why it was so important for Seibold to personally scour the Las Vegas area for a grass training ground. Hasn't he ever heard of Google Maps? Or even, you know, calling someone who lives in Vegas and asking for tips?

There are good reasons why none of the other teams going to the States are staying in Vegas, and access to suitable training grounds is one of them. But of course, we have to do everything our own way, including picking the team hotel first and worrying about where they might train later.

Yeah, I wondered why it was so important for Seibold to personally scour the Las Vegas area for a grass training ground. Hasn't he ever heard of Google Maps? Or even, you know, calling someone who lives in Vegas and asking for tips?

There are good reasons why none of the other teams going to the States are staying in Vegas, and access to suitable training grounds is one of them. But of course, we have to do everything our own way, including picking the team hotel first and worrying about where they might train later.
Umm ! I don’t know if we would be saying this if we get over there and turbo was to roll an ankle on a synthetic field! … google maps? Dial a friend ? I personally don’t think that is 21st century due diligence!

Just sayin’

Not sure if Faulalo is in the development squad or on a train and trial for i st grade but presume is still contracted to Blacktown irrespective .
Certainly had. a very impressive season for Blacktown in 23 .
Might see Humphries being given a run the halves for next season 's ist grade trials .
Has some potential as a 9 on past indications but with Gordie making a good impression as a future i st grade 9 , maybe better for him to focus on a half "s role .
Whether he may be able to show more then Arthur as a 7 could be another unknown but Brookes can obviously slot in there also if required .
Arthur , all things normal likely to be considered as a 6 and even 13 option as well .
Bit of a step up for Faulalo to be rated ahead of the likes of Paulo , Tippytoes and [ Ray ] Vaega but certainly has some ability

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10