Presser

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Surprisingly agreed with everything he said but that comment. He clearly meant in terms of this year, right? Surely... Hopefully... Give me hope please.
But in all honesty we will be a completely different team with no injuries and no Brayden Williame, Matt Wright and hopefully no Lewis Brown or Nate Myles.

To be fair...and accurate...

Trent said....we have to be at least a 4 game better team next year."

at least

not just

at least

capitals

AT LEAST

The comments were along the lines of.....

"You sit here and see if you won 4 more games you'd be in the eight. So we have to win at least four more games which I believe we can do."

He also said.....

"This chair is rooted."
Do not let facts get in the way of a witch hunt

Should be aiming for 11-12 games better for the top spot....not to battle for 8th place - that's kind of defeatist - aiming for MID table??
Not on the Barrett bash crusade but maybe think before you come up with uninspiring comments - the Manly I support, aims for top spot - not somewhere in the middle....

Surprisingly agreed with everything he said but that comment. He clearly meant in terms of this year, right? Surely... Hopefully... Give me hope please.
But in all honesty we will be a completely different team with no injuries and no Brayden Williame, Matt Wright and hopefully no Lewis Brown or Nate Myles.

I hate to tell you Harry BUT not one of those names were on the dreaded list SO, they'll be amongst the first picked in 2017.

Should be aiming for 11-12 games better for the top spot....not to battle for 8th place - that's kind of defeatist - aiming for MID table??
Not on the Barrett bash crusade but maybe think before you come up with uninspiring comments - the Manly I support, aims for top spot - not somewhere in the middle....
To be fair he said "at least" which I read as a minimum rather than a goal

"This chair is rooted."

Now that's some catchy lingo. I'd like to see some Silvertails off-season work on that gem.

It's remarkable what Freudian slips emerge under pressure...it wouldn't surprise me at all if TB has a season review with the owners booked for this morning and that making the 8 may have been his #1 KPI. But then I didn't watch the press conference, I'm only putting 2+2 together with a healthy dose of disenfranchisement.

Stupid thing to say but i think he worded it incorrectly. Finals football has to be the minimum next yr and then build on that. If he said we want to be premiers he would sound even more stupid based on this yr.
Every team and coach's aim should be to win the comp every year Why bother turning up if it isn't

This is why the dragons never won the the comp when barrett played for them. A successful season was when they made the semi's.

Barrett was also soft when he played which is how manly are playing at the moment. They need to harden up like manly teams of the past 10 years

The bar should be set at the highest possible level every year and you keep improving until you win the comp.

Last edited:
I find it hilarious that at some stage last season we were tossing up between Barrett and Nathan Brown. The slapee and the slapper.

I never gave Brown enough credit. At least he came and said we have no hope this year. We are in a "rebuilding" phase. I am amazed that he has escaped unscathed in what has to be one of the most pathetic seasons from an NRL team in living memory.

Barrett and Brown. Basically cut from the same red and white cloth. It doesn't matter whether you give him 5 or 8 games next season. Another season will be wasted that enables an unworthy team to win the comp.

Every team and coach's aim should be to win the comp every year Why bother turning up if it isn't

Agreed, it would be the aim of every coach at every club. But coming out and openly saying next yr we will win the comp sounds a bit of a stretch given where our club is now. Even as the fans of Manly you would say he must be on something. I think he meant to say we should be playing finals footy. That is Business as usual for us, top 4 outstanding and premiers Blue sky.

He has had one full season as coach and would have learnt a lot. There needs to be a review of what went on this season, what the plan is going forward and how to achieve those aims with the structure in place officially with Bozo being appointed as Director of Football.

We have a good core group of players and last night after the game Jake was interviewed and endorsed the coaching staff and was confident of a stronger 2017 so that was enough for me to take a step back and give them another season to make it work.

The non-stop bagging of everything to do with Manly since last nights loss has been disappointing to the point of what ppl say or do is enough to cross examine to find something negative. Maybe if he came out yelling and bagging the players openly it would have been a better look?

2016 has been one to forget but at least it's over. Get the boys on the operating table asap and work towards 2017

He would have avoided all of this had he just said that finishing outside of the Eight is unacceptable for the Manly club.
Exactly Eagle, exactly! It would be nice to see some acknowledgement from the coaches that this is unacceptable for a club such as Manly. That they will be busting there arses to win the comp! This is truly f$cking unacceptable. Instead just excuses. How about we will play a much better brand of footy?

This is the problem with bringing losers into our club( as in no real experience at winning things, Trent ,Cartright, Ploddymcforhead,brown)losers breed losing and accept mediocrity.
Winners just f$cking win, at all costs and accept nothing less. He gets 4 games from me next year and we need to be at least 3 wins from 4. If not let the fires burn.

To be fair he said "at least" which I read as a minimum rather than a goal
Trent Trent is that you? Stop looking in the mirror Trent over here buddy..

Seriously mate are you off your nut? Anytime anyone criticises the club you defend the f$ck out of every decision!
I commend your obvious blind love of Manly but COME ON mate, we have been a disaster! Injuries don't count for the no defence structure or attack structure. We have been woeful.

Surely you can understand why everyone is pissed? We are not Cronulla or Parra. We are Manly and the Manly Iv known for 31yrs is a winning club!!

Trent Trent is that you? Stop looking in the mirror Trent over here buddy..

Seriously mate are you off your nut? Anytime anyone criticises the club you defend the f$ck out of every decision!
I commend your obvious blind love of Manly but COME ON mate, we have been a disaster! Injuries don't count for the no defence structure or attack structure. We have been woeful.

Surely you can understand why everyone is pissed? We are not Cronulla or Parra. We are Manly and the Manly Iv known for 31yrs is a winning club!!
I apologise for trying to be rationale in my criticism- clearly inhave misread the room

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4