Public Transport?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ALinda

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Got my tickets for Friday (woohoo!) but they say "public transport included". Wonder what that means? Getting from the Northern Beaches to Allianz is one thing but getting to Homebush by public transport is a nightmare...and on a Friday night. Would they dare provide us with Special Event Buses and make it a little bit easier?

You would hope the special event buses 1A Warriewood via Dee Why and 1B Warriewood via Mona Vale must surely operate for this Friday at the very least for the Northern Beaches??

They normally do the whole Special Events buses network to Homebush/ANZ Stadium when they anticipate a crowd in excess of 50,000.

It would be good if they announced something in the next 24 hours on the public transport plan for Friday (1A & 1B bus routes as a minimum?)?

Here are the bus routes / special events to Olympic Park:
https://appln.transport.nsw.gov.au/mapservices/proxy/sop/map.html

They had special event buses on for Souths/Melb and Dogs/Knights in Week 1 of the finals so expect that to be announced hopefully soon.

Can't find any mention of Special Event buses on 131500.com.au as yet. Makes sense for them to be running, infact I presumed they would be

I have a mate who works for STA, and he is certain they will be running 1A and 1B buses on Friday, likely starting around 4pm.

Typical NRL to not have it sorted out yet and let all the fans know about the transport arrangements for the game. The guys running the NRL are like a bunch of keystone cops.

Special Major Event Buses will be running for Friday's game. Full information will be available on our website later this afternoon, look out for our new FINALS HQ section.

Even though it hasn't been announced yet, the special event bus timetables have gone up on 131500.

For 1A and 1B, these are the links - http://www.131500.com.au/plan-your-trip/timetables/@@details?mode=-1&line=nsw%3A96H01%3A+%3AH%3Asj2&itd_itdDate=20130927&accessible=-1 & http://www.131500.com.au/plan-your-trip/timetables/@@details?mode=-1&line=nsw%3A96H11%3A+%3AH%3Asj2&itd_itdDate=20130927&accessible=-1

If you're like me and don't live anywhere near Manly, go to www.131500.com.au, scroll down to bus timetables, change the day to Fri 27 Sep and put in the number of your bus.

Sad that out north west there is only 3 buses on each route. Grand final day in 2008 and 2011, those buses were full of Manly supporters. We are everywhere!

Poor effort by the STA running only 5 1A route buses, and the last one gets there only 5 mins before kick off (if it runs on time). Even the first one is only an hour before kick off.

Brookie4eva said:
Poor effort by the STA running only 5 1A route buses, and the last one gets there only 5 mins before kick off (if it runs on time). Even the first one is only an hour before kick off.

Agree extremely poor effort by STA.

I wonder if the club can ask for a few more buses starting from 4.00 pm?

I do not get it at all from the STA
It is school holidays so there should be more buses available

Why only 5 ( 1A) from the beaches- every event I have gone to out at ANZ with major event transport has had buses coming every 5 -10 minutes. They know a large proportion of the fans are going to be using this route.

With that amount of buses coming from the beaches I see people missing out on transport

Larissa please try and get more buses on these routes I cannot for the life of me understand why the STA has done it the way it has. They say on there website additional services for 1A and 1B will run - well hope they are.

I think the NRL has to pay the State government for the special event buses.

Maybe how much (little?) $ is coming from the NRL is why there are so few extra buses listed for Friday so far across all of Sydney.

http://www.131500.com.au/ has crashed - must be all the Manly Supporters checking the timetable :)

The 1A and 1B, usually have a Bus Superintendent at the main DY and Warriewood stops, who calls for more buses should they be needed.

Coming home is always guaranteed, as they don't want anyone left there to cause trouble.:cool:

3 more sleeps :)
-------------------------------------------
General Information

Friday 27 September

Gates: 5pm
U/20’s: 5.15pm
Main match: 7.45pm
Finish: 9.25pm

ANZ Stadium, Sydney Olympic Park

All tickets to the South Sydney Rabbitohs v Manly Sea Eagles at ANZ Stadium include entry and travel to and from the event on the rail network bounded by Bomaderry, Goulburn, Bathurst and Dungog station, all Sydney metropolitan and outer metropolitan regular route bus services, Sydney Ferries, Light Rail, and Sydney Olympic Park Major Event Buses.

Remember to keep your ticket safe for your return journey home, as you must have a valid ticket when travelling on public transport.

If you don’t already have a ticket to the event, you will need to purchase a ticket to travel on public transport.

Note: an additional station access fee applies for travel to or from Domestic and International Airport stations. If you’re travelling from these stations, you will need to purchase a ticket.

Additional public transport services are running to Sydney Olympic Park.

Train Information

The closest train station to ANZ Stadium is Olympic Park Station.

Direct trains run between Central and Olympic Park, stopping at Redfern and Strathfield, approximately every 10 minutes from 5pm.

Return services operate between Olympic Park and Central, stopping Strathfield and Redfern, approximately every five minutes until midnight.

Direct services between Olympic Park and Blacktown via Lidcombe run every five minutes until midnight.

Trains from Lidcombe to Olympic Park depart every 10 minutes between 3.50pm and midnight.

Blue Mountains Line services to and from the city will stop at Lidcombe between 5pm and 11pm.

Additional services depart Strathfield at 10.05pm and 10.34pm, stopping all stations to the city.

An additional Newcastle & Central Coast Line service will depart Central Station at 10.46pm (Strathfield 10.59pm), stopping Eastwood, Epping, Hornsby then all stations to Newcastle.

For train information visit Sydney Trains timetables.

Trackwork is taking place during the event. Please check service updates for any changes.

Eastern Suburbs & Illawarra Line: Buses replace trains between Cronulla and Sutherland.

South Coast Line: Trains from Sutherland to Waterfall, Port Kembla and Kiama may experience minor delays due to trackwork between Sutherland and Cronulla.

Blue Mountains Line: Buses replace trains between Lithgow and Mount Victoria.

Use the 131 500 Trip Planner for up-to-date train and bus timetable information.

Bus Information

Sydney Olympic Park Major Event Buses are running to Sydney Olympic Park starting from between 4.50pm to 5.30pm depending on the route.

Route:
1A – Warriewood via Dee Why
1B – Warriewood via Mona Vale
2A – Glebe via Gladesville
2B – Glebe via Hunters Hill
3 – Marsfield
4 – Maroubra
5A – Castle Hill
5B – Rouse Hill
6 – Menai
7 – Cronulla via Miranda
8 – Dural

Additional buses will be running Routes 1A and 1B from the Northern Beaches.

Return services will begin after the game with the last bus on each route departing Sydney Olympic Park at 10.15pm
Scheduled wheelchair accessible buses will travel on each route.

For timetables and bus route information, use the 131 500 Trip Planner.

Sydney Buses services are running to a regular weekday timetable. For more information view the bus maps and operator information.

Sydney Buses Route 525 run between Parramatta and Burwood via Sydney Olympic Park.

To find the best way to get to Sydney Olympic Park, use the 131 500 Trip Planner.

http://www.131500.com.au/events/nrl-semi-final-cronulla-sharks-v-manly-sea-eagles

Brissie Kid said:
I think the NRL has to pay the State government for the special event buses.

Maybe how much (little?) $ is coming from the NRL is why there are so few extra buses listed for Friday so far across all of Sydney.

That makes sense
Shows how much the NRL want us to be there. If this was souths verses tigers parra or bulldogs they would have thrown the money in
Thanks for the clarification

The Swans, Socceroos and Wallabies games at ANZ have the special events transport. The NRL does it for Origin and the grand final, but any other finals game is no certainty.

I don't think the NRL do a very good job at finals time. They seem stuck to thinking all fans of a club must live in that club's suburbs & not anywhere else. It isn't 1970 anymore NRL!!!!!!!!

The NRL also don't seem to try to get NRL fans from the other Sydney clubs not playing to go to finals games in Sydney.

There are millions of NRL fans in Sydney but we can't fill a 80K stadium for a final because the NRL is just trying to get Souths and Manly fans there (not that they are doing a good job at that either).

Larissa said:
I can try, will let you know how I go.

Thanks Larissa

Even one at 4.00 pm and another at 4.30 pm would be great for people who want to go to the game a bit earlier.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8